PDA

View Full Version : Knoxx SpecOp adjustable shock

platinumdude
18th April 2010, 12:52 PM
Anybody here uses this stock? I am new to shotguns and when I buy one I might add this to it. I wonder if it's better than low recoil shells, or if it's better just to buy those than to use this stock. I search other forums for feedback on it, and found this one negative comment:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=45850

"In my last couple of assignments, I was responsible for about 300 shotguns, mostly remington 870s, some benellis and a mossberg. While a small sample, I've seen 10 knoxx stocks in the last year. 2 broke after very little use (but their CS was excellent) and another 2 came loose even after appropriate installation. 7 out of the 10 shooters using them wanted them taken off after a couple months of actual use. The 3 that kept it rarely shot it while the others were shooting theirs weekly. Most had complaints similar to YutYuts, a couple even had lacerations from the stock.

I tried one for a month since some of my guys were using them, I wanted to be familiar with them. I didn't care for it at all. It would pinch my cheek right where the front of the stock and the tube met. They were replaced with speedfeed straight and pistolgrip short stocks with no complaints."