PDA

View Full Version : 1000

Gaillo
18th April 2010, 08:49 PM
;D Rhodium, biaches! ;D

1970 Silver Art
18th April 2010, 09:01 PM
Yo Gaillo, can you spare a GSUS brother a little bit of Rhodium? Pleeeeeeeeese?

:ROFL:

Gaillo
18th April 2010, 09:37 PM

Sure! Happily!!! Just make 722 more posts, and I'll "hook ya up, brotha!" ;D

1970 Silver Art
18th April 2010, 09:39 PM

Sure! Happily!!! Just make 722 more posts, and I'll "hook ya up, brotha!" ;D

Ok. No problem but it might take me a while to get to 1,000 posts but I will get there eventually. I am a "slow" poster. :ROFL:

StackerKen
18th April 2010, 09:44 PM
Congrats Gaillo Are you the 1st to get to 1000?

I gave you a +k for your achievement.

Hey! I just got to +100 Karmas!!! ;D

Gaillo
18th April 2010, 09:52 PM

Yep... Ponce will be a close second, if he keeps up his amazing posting frequency! 8)

Spectrism
19th April 2010, 04:18 AM
Watch out Gaillo.... the mods will ban you for spamming.

Oh... this is Gold-Silver.us? Never mind.... I must have been thinking about another forum. :P

MNeagle
19th April 2010, 08:37 AM
Congratulations! :sun:

crazychicken
19th April 2010, 08:46 AM
CONGRATS Gaillo!

Now on to 2k.

Be careful of that crazy Cuban--respectfully said--He's coming!

CC

Korbin Dallas
19th April 2010, 10:16 AM
Way to go! And to think, you wanted to give that job up! :lol

JJ.G0ldD0t
19th April 2010, 11:04 AM
Gratz..
But I'm diggin this Gold myself...

Rhodium.. pphhbbt whatever. :D

Gaillo
19th April 2010, 11:13 AM
From wikipedia:

Rhodium

Rhodium (pronounced /ˈroʊdiəm/ ROH-dee-əm) is a chemical element that is a rare, silvery-white, hard and chemically inert transition metal and a member of the platinum group. It has the chemical symbol Rh and atomic number 45. Naturally occurring rhodium is composed of only one isotope, 103Rh. It is one of the rarest precious metals and, with a price of about $80,000/kg in 2010, is the most expensive member of that class.

Rhodium was discovered in 1803 by William Hyde Wollaston. It is found in platinum ores and is mostly used as a catalyst. Because of its rarity, rhodium is usually alloyed with platinum or palladium and applied in high-temperature and corrosion-resistive coatings. Rhodium detectors are used in nuclear reactors to measure the neutron flux level.

Characteristics

Rhodium is a hard silvery white and durable metal that has a high reflectance. Rhodium metal does not normally form an oxide, even when heated. Oxygen is absorbed from the atmosphere at the melting point of rhodium, but on solidification, the oxygen is released. Rhodium has both a higher melting point and lower density than platinum. It is not attacked by acids: it is completely insoluble in nitric acid and dissolves slightly in aqua regia.

History

Rhodium (Greek rhodon (ῥόδον) meaning "rose") was discovered in 1803 by William Hyde Wollaston, soon after his discovery of palladium. He made this discovery in England using crude platinum ore that he presumably obtained from South America.

His procedure involved dissolving the ore in aqua regia and neutralizing the acid with sodium hydroxide (NaOH). He then precipitated the platinum by adding ammonium chloride, NH4Cl, as ammonium chloroplatinate. All other metals like copper, lead, palladium and rhodium were precipitated with zinc. Diluted nitric acid dissolved all but palladium and rhodium, which were dissolved in aqua regia and the rhodium was precipitated by the addition of sodium chloride as Na3[RhCl6]·nH2O. After washing with ethanol, the rose red precipitate was reacted with zinc forming rhodium metal.

Twisted Titan
19th April 2010, 11:17 AM

How does the karma thingy work????

Ponce
19th April 2010, 11:21 AM
Ponce <---------chasing Gaillo down the road for his 1,000 posts :oo-->

Apparition
19th April 2010, 11:25 AM

Bravo anyway. ;D

Gaillo
19th April 2010, 11:43 AM

How does the karma thingy work????

He was joking... even the moderators have the same "1 karma per hour" limit, and we can't go in and "adjust" it, clear it, or set it to some arbitrary value. Probably JQP can, if he knows how, but I doubt messing around with the Karma system is a high priority for him considering the other software problems that are being solved.

Ponce
19th April 2010, 11:50 AM
Me?...............why me oh God, why me.......OiVey OeVey.

cigarlover
19th April 2010, 11:51 AM
He doesnt smoke cigars

cigarlover
19th April 2010, 11:52 AM
oh and congrats on 1000.. Yea I could have edited my last post but I need the posts.. I'm way down on my count

Olmstein
19th April 2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=post+whore

LOL J/K

jedemdasseine
19th April 2010, 05:37 PM
Rhodium
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/images/2009/Dec/rhodium_chart.jpg

Olmstein
19th April 2010, 05:49 PM
Just 4,000 more until you can change your avatar. LOL