PDA

View Full Version : Arizona...Desert Paradise!

kregener
20th April 2010, 11:09 AM
6th State to declare that guns made and kept inside its borders essentially are free from federal application, registration and ownership regulations.

Just passed 2nd Amendment Free Carry.

Just passed the toughest border enforcement laws in the land.

Now....THIS!!!

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/politics/state_politics/house-oks-birther-bill-4-19-2010"]Birther (http://"[url) Bill[/URL]

Arizona House OKs Birther Bill
House votes to check candidates' citizenship

Updated: Monday, 19 Apr 2010, 4:45 PM MDT
Published : Monday, 19 Apr 2010, 4:44 PM MDT

PHOENIX (AP) -- The Arizona House on Monday voted for a provision that would require President Barack Obama to show his birth certificate if he hopes to be on the state's ballot when he runs for re-election.

The House voted 31-22 to add the provision to a separate bill. The measure still faces a formal vote.

It would require U.S. presidential candidates who want to appear on the ballot in Arizona to submit documents proving they meet the constitutional requirements to be president.

Phoenix Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema says the bill is one of several measures that are making Arizona "the laughing stalk of the nation."

Mesa Republican Rep. Cecil Ash says he has no reason to doubt Obama's citizenship but supports the measure because it could help end doubt.

Statement from Rep. Sinema:

Republicans continue to take Arizona down the wrong track by wasting taxpayers time on frivolous legislation instead of working on important issues like health care for kids and seniors and education.

Republican Rep. Judy Burges amendment to Senate Bill 1024 today would require the Arizona secretary of state to verify a presidential candidate's birth certificate before the candidate's name is allowed on a ballot in Arizona. A presidential candidate already is required to prove that he or she is a naturally born citizen before they can run for that office.

This bill is nothing more than a waste of taxpayers time when the legislature should be working to fix more important issues like the fact that it eliminated KidsCare, which forfeits all federal health care dollars for kids and seniors in Arizona.

Korbin Dallas
24th April 2010, 09:08 AM
Rep. Sinema thinks AZ is the laughing stock, after she loses her seat in Nov. she'll realize Arizona is quickly becoming the envy of the nation.

Book
24th April 2010, 09:23 AM
We are witnessing the collapse of the Un-united States of America in real time...yippie!

:D

wildcard
24th April 2010, 10:06 PM
But can you grow anything there? Other than weed? :-\

Pat Pat
25th April 2010, 04:05 AM

I was in phoenix for a week or so recently, anyway you can grow about anything there, if you water it

Olive groves, orange groves, lemons, grapefruits, etc

I almost wonder if it is warm enough to grown pineapple?

I believe Olmstein lives there, He can tell you

but basically from what I have observed, you can grow about anything there if you give it enough water.

BrewTech
25th April 2010, 07:51 AM
Maybe Arizona's unorthodoxy will infect California...

:morph:

Olmstein
25th April 2010, 10:09 PM

I was in phoenix for a week or so recently, anyway you can grow about anything there, if you water it

Olive groves, orange groves, lemons, grapefruits, etc

I almost wonder if it is warm enough to grown pineapple?

I believe Olmstein lives there, He can tell you

but basically from what I have observed, you can grow about anything there if you give it enough water.

I don't know about pineapple, but AZ has quite a bit of agriculture. Lots of citrus, huge orange groves around. I know the Pima indians grow a lot of cotton on their land. There are huge commercial farms in the Yuma area, growing lettuce among other things. There are also many vineyards in AZ,growing grapes for wine.

There's more water in AZ than you might think, and more agriculture too.

I'm glad that the people of AZ are standing up to the federal government, and I hope more states follow suit. I like what Utah is doing with regard to federal land in their state.

Grand Master Melon
26th April 2010, 12:43 AM
Rep. Sinema thinks AZ is the laughing stock, after she loses her seat in Nov. she'll realize Arizona is quickly becoming the envy of the nation.

Sinema is an idiot but I doubt she'll be losing her seat due to her representing Central Phoenix and their largely democrat voting block.

wildcard
26th April 2010, 12:49 AM
I thought the major lakes of AZ were going bone dry? It sounds like a great place and I've been through there several times. All kinds of terrain and scenery and enough elevation to take the sting out of the summer. But I gotta have my garden! I'd be jailed for watering my garden during droughts.

Grand Master Melon
26th April 2010, 12:52 AM
I thought the major lakes of AZ were going bone dry? It sounds like a great place and I've been through there several times. All kinds of terrain and scenery and enough elevation to take the sting out of the summer. But I gotta have my garden! I'd be jailed for watering my garden during droughts.

I don't believe that anyplace has ever enforced any sort of water contols on its citizens here. I could be wrong though.

As for the bone-dry lakes, not really and we had a great winter this year so the snowpack will fill the lakes plenty. Some lakes actually were overflowing and water had to be released. Last weekend was the last weekend of skiing at Snowbowl in northern Arizona which should give you some sort of an idea of how much snow we did get. They still have enough of a base to allow skiing I believe but they're done now. Heck, it snowed up north again just over the weekend albeit not much.

Olmstein
26th April 2010, 12:54 AM
So much rain this year there is actually water in the salt river here in Phoenix.

wildcard
26th April 2010, 01:41 AM
I gotta stop watching the global warming scam weather channels. They lie to make it sound worse than it is and then don't tell you when things have gotten better! :P

madfranks
26th April 2010, 06:03 PM
I love this line:

Republicans continue to take Arizona down the wrong track by wasting taxpayers time on frivolous legislation instead of working on important issues like health care for kids and seniors and education.

Yes, let's not worry about silly little things like the Constitution and instead focus our efforts on unconstitutional social engineering projects.