PDA

View Full Version : The funny Hitler meme vid is going bye bye

wildcard
20th April 2010, 09:08 PM
I figured the jooz would take this away sooner or later. It was making Hitler seem less menacing and demonic. Can't make shoah bizness with a funny fuhrer! ::)

http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/19/hitler-parody-takedown/

Hitler Is Very Upset That Constantin Film Is Taking Down Hitler Parodies

For my money, memes on the Internet don’t get any better than the Hitler one. You know, the one in which you take some current event (the more mundane, the better) and shove it into the scene from the German film Downfall in which Hitler is told in his bunker that he cannot win the war. The key to these (assuming you don’t speak German, of course) is to replace the actual subtitles with ones of your choosing about a different topic. Facebook/FriendFeed, Twitter, MySpace — all solid gold stuff. In fact, just this past January, while reviewing the iPad version, Erick called it “the meme that will never die.” But sadly, it looks like it may in fact die, at the hands of the studio behind it.

Earlier today, someone attempted to upload a new version surrounding the massive iPhone 4G (or iPhone HD, whatever) news. Unfortunately, as you can see on YouTube, that video has already been removed with the message, “This video contains content from Constantin Film, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.“

Constantin Film is the German film production and distribution company behind the film Downfall (Der Untergang in German). The uploader of one of the Hilter parodies notes in the comments of his video that, “Constatin Films has filed a copyright infringement claim against this video, right before it was about to reach 500,000 views! Even though it falls under Fair Use, I suspect this video will be taken down soon. Sad face.“

Sure enough, many of the other Hitler meme parodies have started disappearing as well (Hitler on Xbox Live, for example). But as of right now, there are so many out there that are subtly different enough that plenty are still up. Still, you can probably expect YouTube’s smart content system to hunt down and find all of these clips sooner rather than later. Now may be the time to appeal to Constatin Film. Downfall is a great movie, but it’s also in German which sadly means that many people outside that country will never watch it. But I’d bet these clips have sparked an interest in the film beyond what any type of traditional marketing could have done.

Mostly, I just really want to see Hitler’s reaction to the stolen iPhone 4G. Also, someone really needs to make a video about Hilter being upset that Constantin Film is DCMAing Hitler parodies.

Read more: http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/19/hitler-parody-takedown/#ixzz0lhjQ8cR7

General of Darkness
20th April 2010, 09:17 PM
The reason is simple. They make out Hitler to not be the monster the khazars have painted him to be.

wildcard
20th April 2010, 09:42 PM
I can't seem to find the one about Hitler and the ACR rifle. That was a good one.

*yeah it is one of the early victims. :-(

keehah
21st April 2010, 12:31 AM
Still running, enjoy while you can. One of the best IMO.
"Those parodies will be the [ruin] of me"
Hitler Finds Out He's A Joke On YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYk8ofhYFY)

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/feature/2010/04/20/hitler_finds_out/

Unfortunately, in a bit of irony so rich it's bound to create a brand-new genre, Constantin Films apparently just got wind of the YouTube crowd's hilarious shenanigans with regard to their film. The company is none too pleased with the news and has begun pulling the clips from YouTube with all the enthusiasm of, well, ticked-off Germans.

Sure, it's copyright infringement, but those clips were also the best publicity a relatively little-known 2004 foreign film could ever have asked for. They're as likely a cause for someone to drop it in the Netflix queue as all those international awards. Kiss your loved ones, and get in a few searches while you can. You'll find me weeping softly in my bunker.

I expect this accurate wiki comment to be pulled too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantin_Film

In April 2010 they embarrassed themselves by acting like internet Nazis and demanding youtube remove every single potential copyright violation. Mostly the videos in question were merely copies of a particular scene from "Downfall", featuring Adolf Hitler getting very angry, speaking in the Deutsch language but with the addition of humorous translations in the form of subtitles.

jedemdasseine
21st April 2010, 01:05 AM
Think about the timing. The 20th (yesterday) was Hitler's birthday.

Neuro
21st April 2010, 01:20 AM
Think about the timing. The 20th (yesterday) was Hitler's birthday.
Happy birthday dear Adolf.... Happy birthday to you... What is he today 131? Is he on that Nazi complex on the moon, or under the Ice sheet of Antarctica? Maybe that's why Al Gore is so worried about global warming, and the melting of the Antarctic ice?

Book
21st April 2010, 03:17 AM
The reason is simple. They make out Hitler to not be the monster the khazars have painted him to be.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/Producers2.jpg

I dunno. Jews in Hollywood made Springtime for Hitler.

???

Ash_Williams
21st April 2010, 06:14 AM
It's not just the funny hitler videos, a good percentage of youtube is down over copyright reasons.

Artists actually can't personally upload their own music, youtube will recognize the content and remove it or mute the audio if their label has asked that no copies of that song be available.

What some people are doing now is to speed up the videos slightly (when the audio isn't entirely important) so they sneak past the content filters.

Ponce
21st April 2010, 09:14 AM
Herr Hitler saw where the problem was and TRIED to take care of the problem, in the US we see the problem and we only protect it by covering it up.

Twisted Titan
21st April 2010, 10:40 AM
Some one should do one for the buring down of GIM 1

Now THAT would be a classic of epic porportions

T

Neuro
21st April 2010, 11:02 AM

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/Producers2.jpg

I dunno. Jews in Hollywood made Springtime for Hitler.

???
probably that film was an inspiration to Madoff and his Ponce scheme. Bialystok and Bloom were selling shares in their play amounting to 10x of the proceeds, to sexualy starved widows...

Ponce
21st April 2010, 11:27 AM
"Ponce scheme?"............ufffffffffffff, and I get blamed again.

Twisted Titan
21st April 2010, 11:35 AM

T

Hitler: No worries. We can just erase everything and herd the sheep over to a new GIM2 site.
General1: Sir....
General2: Uhh... mine fuhrer... we have new intelligence that shows everyone is going to a DIFFERENT site - we've already lost all of our best contributors.
Hitler (shaking):Everyone except Generals Skyvike and Scorpio, please leave the room.

You should get on it, T! ;D

I dont know how to make those videos

Maybe Mamboni??

Just make sure someone incorporates my 28,000+ posts get flushed down the mermory hole.

T

wildcard
21st April 2010, 11:38 AM

T

Hitler: No worries. We can just erase everything and herd the sheep over to a new GIM2 site.
General2: Uhh... mine fuhrer... we have new intelligence that shows everyone is going to a DIFFERENT site - we've already lost all of our best contributors.
Hitler (shaking):Everyone except Generals Skyvike and Scorpio, please leave the room.

You have a knack Gaillo!

Hitler: I TOLD YOU NOT TO GIVE THEM ANY FUCKING WARNING! NOW THE WORST OFFENDERS HAVE GOTTEN AWAY AND THE FOUNDERS LOOK LIKE GIANT DOUCHEBAGS!

General1: But sir we thought they would believe it was an April Fool's joke...

Hitler: YOU JACKASSES ARE THE APRIL FOOLS! HOW WILL WE GET PAID ON AN PER IP BASIS IF ALL THE ONES WE'RE AFTER MOVE TO A DIFFERENT SITE!?!?

General2: Sir we shall post many times a day to appear to have quality posters...

;D

Neuro
21st April 2010, 11:42 AM
I am a trillion times sorry. Of course I meant Ponzi scheme!

Neuro
21st April 2010, 11:46 AM
^Good stuff from Gaillo and Wildcard!

madfranks
21st April 2010, 11:59 AM

T

I dont know how to make those videos

Maybe Mamboni??

Just make sure someone incorporates my 28,000+ posts get flushed down the mermory hole.

T

I'm going to try it. Tonight I'm going to dust off my old version of Adobe Premiere and see if I can make it happen. Does anyone know where I can get a clean copy of that video, with no subtitles at all?

Edit - nevermind I found one! Ha ha ha, this is going to be great!!!1

Ponce
21st April 2010, 12:29 PM
I am a trillion times sorry. Of course I meant Ponzi scheme!

To tell you the truth first time that I read that word I also read it a "Ponce" instead of "Ponzi" hahahahahahaha.

chad
21st April 2010, 01:01 PM
the women crying scene:

"don't cry, avalon is over at GSUS. they have a women's sub-forum, and she's a moderator."

the end where hitler is all sad:

"skyvike even sent ponce a pm and unbanned him, he even agreed to put IF YOU DON'T HOLD IT YOU DON'T OWN IT as the site title, and he still wouldn't come back. if we can't even get a cuban to take refuge here, what hope is there?"

;D

madfranks
21st April 2010, 01:08 PM
the women crying scene:

"don't cry, avalon is over at GSUS. they have a women's sub-forum, and she's a moderator."

the end where hitler is all sad:

"skyvike even sent ponce a pm and unbanned him, he even agreed to put IF YOU DON'T HOLD IT YOU DON'T OWN IT as the site title, and he still wouldn't come back. if we can't even get a cuban to take refuge here, what hope is there?"

;D

Yes!!! HA HA, anyone else with any suggestions, add them before I put this together tonight! ;D

wildcard
21st April 2010, 01:12 PM
Ah, and now we need the end where Hitler looks up all sad faced and quiet.

Hitler: I was even going to make up new GIM2 t-shirts and send them out with the APMEX popcorn.

chad
21st April 2010, 01:14 PM
that's good wildcard ;D

Neuro
21st April 2010, 01:25 PM
Wow you guys are geniuses. I can't wait to see this...

chad
21st April 2010, 01:28 PM
you need to work "it's not the quantity of the posts, it's the quality of the posts" in there somehow. founding fathers says that 10 times a day lately.

g-kahn going of grid needs to be in there as well. ;D

hitler: "and now even g-kahn is fucking with me. he said he had to close the site because he was going off grid, and now he's the number one fucking poster."

wildcard
21st April 2010, 01:49 PM
Hitler: Luckily we haven't been scannned by bombers yet...

General1: Erm, mein fuhrer...

wildcard
21st April 2010, 09:48 PM
madfranks is an editing genius. You should be making films man! You worked in everyone's ideas so seamlessly! Bravo! :D

madfranks
22nd April 2010, 06:46 AM
madfranks is an editing genius. You should be making films man! You worked in everyone's ideas so seamlessly! Bravo! :D

Thanks - it took a few tries to get the script just right. The little nuances like when Hitler says Mamboni is his favorite and he pounds his chest to emphasize himself, and when he says "if you don't hold it you don't own it" and the general pats himself to reinforce the idea, were all done on purpose and with intent. I tried to make every line fit with what you were seeing on the screen.

CJay8
22nd April 2010, 08:25 AM
Haven't gotten the embedding down just yet on new forum, I think this is latest video.

Hitler Reacts To Parodies Being Removed...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBO5dh9qrIQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param></object>

Twisted Titan
22nd April 2010, 08:39 AM
did I miss it ???

Heimdhal
22nd April 2010, 08:45 AM
Haven't gotten the embedding down just yet on new forum, I think this is latest video.

Hitler Reacts To Parodies Being Removed...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kBO5dh9qrIQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param></object>

Thanks for that. That is also one of the best ones I have seen. Thats just brilliantly great!

madfranks
22nd April 2010, 09:07 AM
did I miss it ???

Stickied in General Discussion. What the hell, here's the link: http://www.viddler.com/explore/wtfdetecting/videos/1/

Grand Master Melon
22nd April 2010, 09:10 AM
I don't know how I missed this interweb fad but I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I spent a good hour and a half last night laughing my ass off watching everything from "Hitler finds out he has herpes" to "Hitler gets upset that Spongebob is cancelled".

God bless the interweb!

wildcard
22nd April 2010, 02:08 PM
If anyone DL'ed Hitler finds out how much the new Bushmaster ACR will cost Please please share it!