PDA

View Full Version : South Florida GSL Appleseed weekend

Libertytree
21st April 2010, 09:54 AM
It was my pleasure to attend an Appleseed event this past weekend with K-os and Heimdhal. Meeting two of the posters here in real life was indeed quite an experience! We camped out, ate together, drank together, commisserated with one another till we had to go to bed and get up each morning for 2 days of rifle training. It is my distinct honor to call them my brother and sister, commrades in arms and friends for life!!!

Though none of us achieved Rifleman status, yet, K-os was exemplary on the range and nearly did earn her Rifleman badge of honor, I'm very proud that one of us from the GSL team stood out among the best at the shoot meet. I could not have been prouder even if it were myself!!!

Stand up and take a bow K-os!!!!!

Libertytree
21st April 2010, 10:10 AM
Oh....We have some pics if they want to share ;D

Heimdhal
21st April 2010, 10:19 AM
Oh....We have some pics if they want to share ;D

Ive been trying to get the couple pics I did take off my phone, but havent been able to. I was waiting to get them on the computer before I made my own appleseed thread, but I'll just share this one.

I was equally happy to meet more GIMer's/GSUS'ers. It was a great weekend all around and I know once I get some better sights on my rifles, I'll make rifleman. THats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

For anyone thats not attended an appleseed, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recomend it. I was a little taken back by the sheer number of people there that were of a like mind. It was like meeting 30 GIM'ers, though none of them had ever heard of GIM.

I noticed many of them were also sick of the two parties and the two party system, were wanting of honest money, limited government and generaly libertarian policies all around.

A good weekend to be sure, with great folks and patriots from around the state.

ETA:

Oh yeah, our camp site was the bomb!

k-os
21st April 2010, 10:54 AM

Oh, thank you. You are too kind. Please continue. :sun:

It was a fantastic weekend. We did have a really awesome campsite. To bad my camera malfunctioned! We had a great time camping, learning to shoot safely and properly, plus the added bonus of Revolutionary War history lessons.

Heimy, you don't need to be all upset that you got schooled by a lady. ;D While Libertytree was happy for my surprise shooting ability, Heimdhal was pissed. Don't deny it. That's one of those things about youth, though . . . the green monster is harder to conceal.

I kept telling Heimdhal his gun was too big, and he never would say "that's what she said" to me. That's when you know there's something wrong with that dude.

Heimdhal
21st April 2010, 12:49 PM

Oh, thank you. You are too kind. Please continue. :sun:

It was a fantastic weekend. We did have a really awesome campsite. To bad my camera malfunctioned! We had a great time camping, learning to shoot safely and properly, plus the added bonus of Revolutionary War history lessons.

Heimy, you don't need to be all upset that you got schooled by a lady. ;D While Libertytree was happy for my surprise shooting ability, Heimdhal was pissed. Don't deny it. That's one of those things about youth, though . . . the green monster is harder to conceal.

I kept telling Heimdhal his gun was too big, and he never would say "that's what she said" to me. That's when you know there's something wrong with that dude.

Hey, you know I was very proud of you! I wasnt pissed at YOU for beating me, I was pissed at ME for sucking so bad. I was hoping you would have got the rifleman badge. You were DAMN close, damn close indeed.

but whatever, you used a scope so it doesnt count. I was iron sighting that b-otch with an AK and a Marlin, which has sights like a BB gun. So...yeah.....FACE! ;D ;D :boohoo

Im hoping I can go next month, depends on if the wife can get some time off and will let me go. Whatever I do, I hope to have some tech sights on either my AK or Marlin before I go again.

k-os
21st April 2010, 01:43 PM
It's a race!

Heimdhal
21st April 2010, 02:08 PM
Heres our appleseed makeshift kingdom. We were gonna pillage other campsites, but there wasnt anyone else camping other than one other guy, and he was a cool, old dude.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m179/TeamPointBlank/camp.jpg

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildcard
21st April 2010, 02:10 PM
The NWO quakes as it views your flip flops of doom!

*and there's something about a woman with knee pads. :-D

Heimdhal
21st April 2010, 02:13 PM

Better friggin believe it brother!

k-os
21st April 2010, 02:17 PM

*and there's something about a woman with knee pads. :-D

Yes, but what say you about elbow pads?

wildcard
21st April 2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/Austin_Danger_Powers_Mike_Myers.jpg

Oh behave!