PDA

View Full Version : Indexed Guide Book Of Silver Art Bars

madfranks
23rd April 2010, 09:54 AM
Here's one for our good friend OJW, er... 1970 Silver Art.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Indexed-Guide-Book-Silver-Art-Bars-New-6th-Edition-/390127899629?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Coins_Bullion&hash=item5ad56f53ed

1970 Silver Art
23rd April 2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks Madfranks for posting that, however, I think that I heard from someone else that there will be a another silver art bar price guide (7th edition?) coming out in the near future but I do not know when that will come out. I am currently a member of the International Association of Silver Art Collectors (IASAC) and I will be on the lookout for that new art bar price guide.

I currently have the 4th edition of Archie Kidd's price guide but it is an old price guide since it came out in 1986. I do not have The 5th edition silver art bar price guide because 1.) It is very hard to find and 2.) When a 5th edition is found on ebay (or elsewhere), it usually will cost between $150 to $250 on ebay (or elsewhere).

The 6th edition of the Archie Kidd silver art bar price guide is much cheaper than the 5th edition price guide but it is not a complete price guide. The 6th edition contains the silver art bars that were left out of the 5th edition price guide The 6th edition guide book is really just a supplement to the 5th edition silver art bar price guide. The 6th edition guide book does not have all of the '70's silver art bar illustrations that the 4th and 5th edition guide books have. If there are any '70's silver art bars listed in the 6th edition guide book, then those were the ones that were left out of the 5th edition guide book.

madfranks
23rd April 2010, 06:25 PM
Hey, you know your stuff! Thanks for the info on that book. :)

1970 Silver Art
23rd April 2010, 06:35 PM
Hey, you know your stuff! Thanks for the info on that book. :)

You are welcome Madfranks. I am glad that I was able to help. I am still learning about '70's silver art bars and still learning about some of the guide books on silver art bars that were published back then. Even though my 4th edition silver art bar price guide is a very old guide, I use it only as a reference to identify some of the '70's silver art bars that I have an interest in collecting.

1970 silver art
1st October 2010, 04:09 PM
Madfranks,

I bought that 6th edition Archie Kidd silver art bar price guide yesterday on ebay. I will mainly use it to identify "modern year" minted silver art bars since I have a few silver art bars in my collection that are not '70's silver art bars.