PDA

View Full Version : 18 veterans kill themselves every day

Ponce
23rd April 2010, 12:06 PM
18 veterans kill themselves every day: report

By Sahil Kapur
Friday, April 23rd, 2010 -- 10:41 am
They must feel very guilty about ????????????
===========================================

The suicide rate among war veterans is extraordinary, new data reveals.

Thirty try to commit suicide each day, on average, reports the Army Times. Eighteen succeed, roughly five of whom receive medical care from Veterans Affairs, rated one of the best health programs in the country.

"Of the more than 30,000 suicides in this country each year, fully 20 percent of them are acts by veterans,'' said VA Secretary Eric Shinseki at a VA-sponsored suicide prevention conference in January.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0423/18-veterans-suicide-day/

k-os
23rd April 2010, 12:37 PM
This is unbelievably sad.

wildcard
23rd April 2010, 01:12 PM
roughly five of whom receive medical care from Veterans Affairs, rated one of the best health programs in the country.

Whoever wrote this article is full of shit. I'd imagine all the stats are twisted or skewed. It may show the libs are finally going to start in on Obongo about his wars though I doubt it.

wildcard
23rd April 2010, 01:14 PM
"Of the more than 30,000 suicides in this country each year, fully 20 percent of them are acts by veterans,'' said VA Secretary Eric Shinseki at a VA-sponsored suicide prevention conference in January.

There's over 60,000 automotive crash deaths per year too, I wonder what percentage of them are vets. I'd guess around 20%

Pat Pat
23rd April 2010, 01:48 PM
roughly five of whom receive medical care from Veterans Affairs, rated one of the best health programs in the country.

Whoever wrote this article is full of sh*t. I'd imagine all the stats are twisted or skewed. It may show the libs are finally going to start in on Obongo about his wars though I doubt it.

I am not sure on the stats

but I can tell you that after being exposed to depleted uranium, pumped full of deadly vaccines, and seeing the brutality of war.... it will change a person

and then when they try and goto the V.A. for help (physical or mental), and of course the V.A. is no hope or help

after awhile, I think these guys get discouraged, and give up, a lot end up on drugs/booze, which is slow suicide

wildcard
23rd April 2010, 01:52 PM
I have no doubt of that LS. I've been in a VA hospital. I just wonder why the blue side is putting this out there right now.