PDA

View Full Version : Did Kitco KILL the "general discussion" thread?

UncaScrooge
23rd April 2010, 02:54 PM
Kitco got old for me ages ago... guess I just got tired of being banned all the time because wussies didn't like me and reported me.

A-N-Y-W-A-Y-S...

Early this morning, with my coffee, I decide to cruise the sites.... including Kitco's.

WTF??? :conf: The gen discuss thread is gone!

I thought it was a computer/programming/software malfunction... but here we are, 12 hours later, and STILL no "general discussion" thread!!! :o

Question: did Kitco just pull an "old-GIM" shuffle, and blow off what is likely one of their most worthwhile threads???

Comments appreciated, especially from those who still lurk occasionally on Kitco.

Black Blade
23rd April 2010, 06:14 PM
Yeah, the "Bar and grill" section is gone. I guess the management felt safer without it. Remember that they are Canadian with some bizarre anti-free speech laws that can get the owners in deep trouble. They are more over the edge as far as becoming a police state like Europe than we are hee in the states.

skid
23rd April 2010, 07:11 PM
If you can believe it, the Kitco site was once un-moderated. There were some pretty good posters back in the day. That all changed quite a few years ago, once they started getting concerned about their image.

wildcard
23rd April 2010, 07:12 PM
Sounds like this other website I used to know. :-X

mick silver
23rd April 2010, 07:21 PM
it all a wake up call

1970 Silver Art
23rd April 2010, 07:40 PM

Yeah it does sound like that "other site" that I know but I just had a "mental fart" and I cannot remember what the name of that "other site" was. I think that it was called either CensorshipIsGod.info or I think that it might have been called FiatIsMoney.info. Maybe it was called GoldIsManipulated.com. I just cannot remember that exact name of that "other site" that keeps censoring and banning its posters.

BTW I have not posted on Kitco for a long time and I have no plans to ever post on Kitco.

Cajus
9th May 2010, 02:43 PM
...Members must be logged on to the forum for the Bar and Grill Group to be visible...

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=60625

Ponce
9th May 2010, 03:28 PM
I am glad to find a safe-heaven in this site.

Ponce <-----------raving mad... but right.

Twisted Titan
9th May 2010, 03:58 PM
Amen Ponce

I look at the other site and it is a hollow shell nowadays

Even it the subject is highly interesting I dont see it going more than two pages if that

They will continue to reap a bitter harvest indeed.

T

pinnacle
9th May 2010, 04:50 PM
Ahhh...memories. I think I started reading Kitco...like alot...around 1995?? when it first started. I posted on occasion - not alot. I think gold-eagle was next..around 1996? USAGOLD was around thereafter...but kitco was the best...tons of great posters and info...and I loved there scrolling discussion forum where all posts went to the same place... rarely missed much for a number of years. Gold-eagle was very good and had outstanding posters...but was much more moderated.... I think Kitco imploded first....switched over to a traditional discussion format at some point and most of the old timers left. Then gold-eagle really cracked down and became really boring....so those folks left gold eagle and formed Goldismoney.info and goldtent. The Kitco crowd...dispersed... heck...folks like Ted Butler used to post aot on Kitco back in the day....

15 YEARS...WOW....I technically started reading some gold discussion stuff before that on aol and compuserve....but Kitco was way better back then.. I have not really looked at Kitco at all since they shut down the forum for a number of months and then came out with the new typical discussion forum software..and they lost most of their posters..

One guy I know...who has probably been around almost as long as I have..sure there are others...but names change and I forget...blackblade is on here....I think..he has been around as long or longer on these boards than I have. I think...

Neuro
9th May 2010, 05:01 PM
Wow that is an amazing resume Pinnacle...

Welcome to GSUS! Lets see how long this lasts...

EE_
9th May 2010, 05:12 PM
Amen Ponce

I look at the other site and it is a hollow shell nowadays

Even it the subject is highly interesting I dont see it going more than two pages if that

They will continue to reap a bitter harvest indeed.

T

Agreed! The site has become pretty generic and without laughs...a shadow of it's former self.
I still vist there and post too, but I will not feel any loyalty toward the site again.

pinnacle
9th May 2010, 05:48 PM
neuro...well..I guess it depends on how one looks at it and your perspective.....it was either a complete waste of time....or maybe it was worthwhile. I was already investing some money in gold before 1995....so I guess I was already hooked. To be honest though...I used to read Kitco at work most of the time lol....sad but true.

Funny story......my stockbroker at the time.....another goldbug..was a poster on Kitco and turned me onto it. In a rather sad statement......he was such a goldbug...and the gold stocks sucked for so long...he had to get a job right after gold hit its bottom..sometime in maybe 2000 or 2001..not exactly sure.....and he went cold turkey off of gold message boards. His wife worked for the government and he was broke....so...she was on him all the time to get a real job. Where did he get a job?? The IRS. I maybe talk to him once every few years. He technically...turned me onto gold in the first place...but he was way too early...and he had to get a job..and since he was also a CPA and lawyer...the IRS hired him. I think I last spoke to him in about 2008 or so......things are just not the same between us lol!

willie pete
9th May 2010, 07:44 PM
...Members must be logged on to the forum for the Bar and Grill Group to be visible...

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=60625

I used to enjoy the different threads at kitco, until the moderators became REAL assholes, you seem to do a lot better over there if you're muslim

Book
9th May 2010, 07:54 PM
blackblade is on here....I think..he has been around as long or longer on these boards than I have. I think...

http://gold-silver.us/forum/preparedness/

Black Blade is the alpha male of our Preparedness Section now.

:)

Awoke
10th May 2010, 04:03 AM

Yeah it does sound like that "other site" that I know but I just had a "mental fart" and I cannot remember what the name of that "other site" was. I think that it was called either CensorshipIsGod.info or I think that it might have been called FiatIsMoney.info. Maybe it was called GoldIsManipulated.com. I just cannot remember that exact name of that "other site" that keeps censoring and banning its posters.

BTW I have not posted on Kitco for a long time and I have no plans to ever post on Kitco.

Are you thinking of "MasonsServingIsrael.info"?

1970 Silver Art
10th May 2010, 04:17 AM

Are you thinking of "MasonsServingIsrael.info"?

Hmmmmm.............Not quite. I do not think that is the right name but darn it, I just cannot remember the exact name. I think it had something to do with gold being money but that site "died" on April Fool's day and besides FRN's are money. ;D I think that "other site" was called FRNhaven2.com but I am not sure.

The only thing that I know is that I call it the Censored Deuce because they tend to have a heavy handed moderation approach and they tend to ban people for mentioning another gold and silver forum and for asking the wrong questions as well as censoring certain posts that the mods do not like.