PDA

View Full Version : Elbow injury

woodman
24th April 2010, 04:49 AM
My left elbow is swollen and hurting. I have had tendonitus (tennis elbow) before but this is the worst I've ever had it. I was operating a hand grinder; I ground up about 100 lbs of hamburger and I over did it. My right elbow went out many years ago and it hurt for about a year until one day the pain was gone. This seems to be far worse. It is realy painful and I don't have the option of not working it. I am self employed and when work comes I must take it. I will try glucosamine\chondroitin but I was wondering if any one here has experience with this kind of injury. I've never had an elbow swell up like this before. Perhaps ice would be helpfull? I suppose as a last resort I could see a doctor but I tend to regard them as simply witch doctors muttering latin like incantations and the medicine is worse than the illness.

Chibioz
24th April 2010, 06:03 AM
Ouch! I do not have a remedy for you but I offer my sympathies. Joint pain can really drag you down.

A relative of mine was experiencing joint pain in the knee. The doc's recommended an operation and me, being as distrustful of doctors as you are, tried to talk them out of it. I was convinced that they would just make the problem worse.

Well, they went through with the operation and are now walking around now as if they never had any problems. I was not expecting such a fast and full recovery. I was really impressed and a bit humbled that the doc's really can help somebody with joint issues.

If it gets too painful and serious for you, do not count the doctors out just yet! Good luck and I hope you recover soon.

woodman
24th April 2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks Chibioz. I don't think all doctors and their medicine are perverted but I am mighty skeptical. I have been putting the elbow in a bowl of ice water and it seems to help a little. I was wondering if an Ace bandage would be good. My mom got a knee replacement and loves it. There are many out there who got bad knee replacements and it really ruined them. I saw a 60 minutes on it back in the days I used to watch tv.