PDA

View Full Version : Homeless 'Hero' Ignored While Dying on Street

Kali
24th April 2010, 03:34 PM
Your fellow American gots your back. Not!

A heroic homeless man, stabbed after saving a Queens woman from a knife-wielding attacker, lay dying in a pool of blood for more than an hour as nearly 25 people indifferently strolled past him, a shocking surveillance video obtained by the New York Post reveals.

Some of the passers-by paused to stare at Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax last Sunday morning and others leaned down to look at his face.

He had jumped to the aid of a woman attacked on 144th Street at 88th Road in Jamaica, Queens, at 5:40 a.m., was stabbed several times in the chest and collapsed as he chased his assailant.

In the wake of the bloodshed, a man came out of a nearby building and chillingly took a cellphone photo of the victim before leaving. And in several instances, pairs of people gawked at Tale-Yax without doing anything.

Later, another man stopped, leaned over and vigorously shook Tale-Yax’s body. After lifting the victim’s head and body to reveal a pool of blood, he also walked off.

Not until some 15 minutes after he was shaken by the pedestrian -- more than an hour and 20 minutes after the victim collapsed -- did firefighters finally arrive and discover that Tale-Yax, 31, had died.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/24/homeless-hero-ignored-dying-nyc-street/

freedom42
24th April 2010, 03:45 PM
This is exactly why there will never be a sheeple revolt in this country.

Apparition
24th April 2010, 03:47 PM
How saddening.

Ponce
24th April 2010, 03:55 PM
Mr. 42............you got that right........is all about me, me, me, me, me,

Ash_Williams
24th April 2010, 05:01 PM
In a busy city, everyone assumes the last guy called 911. This kind of thing isn't that uncommon. It's so easy to get help, that people assume you don't need it. An immigrant friend of mine said she would never give to someone because here "you ask for a dollar and they give you $100!"

Sometimes when the snow gets real bad or the rain floods the road I go out in my truck for fun and help people get un-stuck. The people I find have been waiting a while and always say "oh I'm so glad someone finally stopped!" When everyone has a cell phone to call a tow truck you typically assume that someone stranded is just waiting for one and you don't stop.

The problem with too many people around is you always assume that you're not needed. Had this guy been bleeding out on a trail in the forest, the first person to run across him would have done something.

Occamsrazor
24th April 2010, 05:20 PM
Isn`t this your civic duty to call for help if you see an injured or sick person lying on the street?
Make no mistake, you can`t smoke a joint in NYC these days because you can count on a snitch calling the cops on you but the same snitches will walk right by a guy bleeding his life out.

techguy
24th April 2010, 05:22 PM
Isn`t this your civic duty to call for help if you see an injured or sick person lying on the street?
Make no mistake, you can`t smoke a joint in NYC these days because you can count on a snitch calling the cops on you but the same snitches will walk right by a guy bleeding his life out.

They see it every day in video games, tv, etc.etc..etc...

Nothing to see here. There is nothing in it for them to help.

Disgusting.

1970 Silver Art
24th April 2010, 05:27 PM
I might be wrong on this but I think that New Yorkers are so caught up in their own little world and do not care about other people that are in trouble and needing help.

Occamsrazor
24th April 2010, 05:30 PM
Another factor is that since the guy was homeless, he was probably dressed the part and smelled the part too so people may be reluctant to even touch him due to the biohazard concerns. I`m not sure myself if I would venture to actually touch him but I would call the cops faster than you can say $**t.

Occamsrazor
24th April 2010, 05:31 PM
I might be wrong on this but I think that New Yorkers are so caught up in their own little world and do not care about other people that are in trouble and needing help.

You got that right. I`ve lived in NYC for 20 yrs and New Yorkers are uniquely bad-mannered and selfish bunch.

By the way, what about that woman that he saved? Why didn`t she call the cops???

Ash_Williams
24th April 2010, 05:48 PM
Another factor is that since the guy was homeless, he was probably dressed the part and smelled the part too so people may be reluctant to even touch him due to the biohazard concerns. I`m not sure myself if I would venture to actually touch him but I would call the cops faster than you can say $**t.

Certainly a factor just because when you're in a city you get used to homeless people playing all sorts of games that end with them asking you for money. When you have 2 people a day saying they need a few bucks for their prescription drugs or to buy food to avoid going into a diabetic coma you just start to think it's all bullsh*t. Honestly if I was in NY or another big city and I saw a homeless guy moaning and maybe even bleeding on the sidewalk my first thought would be that it's a game and I might just keep walking. I live in a smaller town now but we still have "homeless" guys that are driven to busy intersections in the morning to beg and then picked up at night in a nice cargo van. Being "homeless" is their job!

I have a friend who still lives in one of these big cities and she had a woman run to her car screaming, with her hand over her eye, blood pouring out. "I have to get to the hospital!" she yelled so my friend let her get in the car and started driving her. So what happens? She takes her hand off her eye, apparently the blood is fake and she's fine, and says she has a knife and wants my friend's wallet. The robbery was a failure as my friend just stopped and told her passenger to get out (being much larger and not seeing a knife), but the point is still that it's hard to take anything at face value.

EE_
24th April 2010, 05:50 PM
In California there's a new $300 fee to call 911.
I guess you're on your own for any help from others.

greenbear
24th April 2010, 06:02 PM

Huh??? You've got to be kidding. If this is true, then California is on the edge of falling into complete lawlessness and the rest of the country is on it's heels.

MoShaniqua
24th April 2010, 06:05 PM
Life seems to have little value in the big city. I guess I'm not surprised the lady he saved didn't even bother to check on him.

Occamsrazor
24th April 2010, 06:13 PM

I`m a bit slow today. Could you explain what this means? They charge you 300$ for calling 911?

BoatingAccident
24th April 2010, 06:20 PM
It's a sad fact that helping others, often leads to a lawsuit. The good samaritan act provids some protection, but people don't want to get involved anymore.

We've create a society, who thinks in their own best interests. Honestly, often rightly so. It's all the bullshit lawsuits that have ruined this country, and people have created their own worst enemy...themselves.

For, when they are in need, they can not judge those not helping anymore...because that was themselves. They then, look in a mirror.

Pretty fucked up, if you ask me.

1970 Silver Art
24th April 2010, 06:26 PM
It's a sad fact that helping others, often leads to a lawsuit. The good samaritan act provids some protection, but people don't want to get involved anymore.

We've create a society, who thinks in their own best interests. Honestly, often rightly so. It's all the bullsh*t lawsuits that have ruined this country, and people have created their own worst enemy...themselves.

For, when they are in need, they can not judge those not helping anymore...because that was themselves. They then, look in a mirror.

Pretty f*cked up, if you ask me.

Yeah that is pretty messed up when a person that is helping another person can get sued for doing that. Sometimes the best defense to that is to do nothing to help that person out and just call 911. Calling 911 seems to be the only way that a person can "help out" without getting their hands "dirty" helping them out.

greenbear
24th April 2010, 06:40 PM
Life seems to have little value in the big city. I guess I'm not surprised the lady he saved didn't even bother to check on him.

Yeah. That is heartless if the story is true. Can anyone imagine having a homeless man come to your defense when your life is in jeopardy, who fights off your attacker only to be stabbed, then you leave him dying in the street? There should be a law against that.

Occamsrazor
24th April 2010, 06:51 PM
Why did it take the cops 30 minutes to get there? I`m sure someone did call 911, most probably the woman whom he saved. We don`t know all the details of the story yet.
As a New yorker I can report to you that the police presence here is HUGE. Cops and cop cars are everywhere, one cannot even dream about smoking grass or taking a leak on the street here anymore like they used to before 911.

Undercover cops regularly search people on the street without ANY probable cause, just because you fit the description given to them by some snitch who saw someone light up a joint. I can barely sleep at night because of the constant sirens, fleets of cop cars chasing someone etc. But a guy bleeds out while the cops are chasing a guy who took a leak or had an open beer container.

NYC is crawling with cops and this story seems very surprising to me. Maybe this took them so long to get there due to the fact it was so early in the morning.

Desolation LineTrimmer
24th April 2010, 07:10 PM
Strange and hard to comprehend story. I was walking along Valencia street in SF today and there was an old guy sitting down on the curb with a cane who made some grunts seemingly indicating he was ready to stand up. I and another guy immediately stopped and assisted him. He was scuzzy and smelly but we didn't hesitate.

greenbear
24th April 2010, 07:12 PM
Apparently, only for medical emergencies, and only in Tracy, CA?

That 911 call for medical emergencies will cost you
Sarah GilbertSarah Gilbert RSS Feed
Feb 25th 2010 at 1:00PM

911 callsThe situation in Tracy, Calif., is not quite as bad as the local news made it out to be. (Damn those sound bites!) Yes, you residents will have to pay the city $300 if you call 911 -- but only if you call because of a medical emergency. Phew, right? That could have been so bad!

Well, it's still pretty bad, if you ask me. While city officials have been fielding calls nationwide since a local news crew led with the $300 fee (it's $400 for non-residents, by the way), explaining that, no, you won't have to pay $300 to have police come if you're being attacked by someone in a homicidal rage; but if you're close to dying from a heart attack, here's some more arterial stress to the tune of a hefty bill in the mail.

See full article from WalletPop: http://srph.it/dv8C0X

I am me, I am free
24th April 2010, 07:15 PM

We've create a society, who thinks in their own best interests. Honestly, often rightly so. It's all the bullsh*t lawsuits that have ruined this country, and people have created their own worst enemy...themselves.

Pretty f*cked up, if you ask me.

The lawsuits haven't done anything, as those are just pieces of paper with ink on them. It's the source of the lawsuits, the BAR card carrying liars who've ruined this country. Those POS have fully infiltrated all three branches of govt.

Cebu_4_2
24th April 2010, 08:10 PM
They are charging a 300.00 fee for dialing the pertinent department, IE fire dept, police, EMT. Simple answer is to program all 3 into your phone and when needed call the correct number. People are too fvcking lazy and stupid to do the simplest of things that they are now getting a fine for being stupid. I think it's a great idea and wish they did this everywhere.

Huh??? You've got to be kidding. If this is true, then California is on the edge of falling into complete lawlessness and the rest of the country is on it's heels.