PDA

View Full Version : Death and Taxes 2011

Ironfield
25th April 2010, 02:22 AM
From Gizmondo a site I like to frequent for the latest tech news and gadgets.

http://www.deathandtaxesposter.com/img/DnTr1.jpg

You paid your taxes, the government got your pesos, and here's where the President wants to spend them in 2011. Death and Taxes keeps being my favorite chart every year. Guess who gets the biggest cake piece (again).

The poster shows the spending of each department graphically: The bigger the circle, the larger the share of the total budget. It contains almost every program that at least gets 200 million dollars every year in the Federal discretionary budget. That's over 500 programs and departments. The 2011 budget—which is President Obama's second—still has to be debated, amended, and approved by Congress.

The winner this year is, once again, the war machine. 713 billion, a 2 percent increase from last year, and a 91% increase from 10 years ago.

The full details in graphical details can be found here. (http://www.deathandtaxesposter.com/)

Certainly interesting I found as a non American to see what exactly your government likes to spend its taxpayers money on.

-Ironfield

Spectrism
25th April 2010, 04:17 AM
The government's primary job IS defense and it SHOULD be the largest expenditure.

What should not be on there are the numerous unconstitutional thigs like: social security, medicare, medicaid, education, energy, and a few more.

Also, the waging of wars for corporate gains is just wrong. Much of that military budget is for unlawful costs. Included would be aid costs to places like Haiti. I could cut that budget in half in a heartbeat and wipe out most of the taxes.

techguy
25th April 2010, 05:52 AM
The government's primary job IS defense and it SHOULD be the largest expenditure.

There is one problem... Where is the defense? Is dropping bombs in the sandbox defending a clear and present danger to the US mainland?

Just who are we defending? (Hint: Not us citizens)

Golden
25th April 2010, 07:24 AM

There is one problem... Where is the defense? Is dropping bombs in the sandbox defending a clear and present danger to the US mainland?

Just who are we defending? (Hint: Not us citizens)

[/i]What[/i] are we defending? Instinct.