PDA

View Full Version : Another Eminent Domain Case, this time a hotel in NY State...

Gknowmx
25th April 2010, 12:14 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/21/hotel-conference-center-trump-private-property-eminent-domain-case/

Hotel Conference Center May Trump Private Property in Eminent Domain Case

Kelo turned out to be an embarrassment. Perhaps this will be another test?

Ponce
25th April 2010, 12:19 PM
Five to one that the Zionists wants to build another "holocaust" museum there.

k-os
25th April 2010, 12:23 PM
The first paragraph is a joke.

Would you let the government take your car and give it to someone else? How about your computer, television set, house, or business?

Of course we would. We let them take our income and give it to someone else!

The rest of the article is decent though, and it's a good topic.

Eminent domain should not be tolerated. The gov't should have to bid on a property (and potentially be rejected) just like anyone else.

techguy
25th April 2010, 01:04 PM
The first paragraph is a joke.

Would you let the government take your car and give it to someone else? How about your computer, television set, house, or business?

Of course we would. We let them take our income and give it to someone else!

The rest of the article is decent though, and it's a good topic.

Eminent domain should not be tolerated. The gov't should have to bid on a property (and potentially be rejected) just like anyone else.

The problem here is that gov is acting on behalf of corp. This is just a variant of fascism at this point. I have huge issues with an I.D. case where private property will be essentially seized for a hotel conference center (or any where the city/state seizes private property for financial gain).

That said, I do think that is CERTAIN VERY LIMITED circumstances, I.D. CAN be appropriate. i.e. the TVA dam building that took place in the 40's and 50's. Since they were damming up the river, some people needed to be moved. Same for hoover dam, etc.

Now, the fact that the TVA did not properly compensate the people is another issue that I have with I.D. seizure.

Point being that there are SOME valid I.D. cases, but more often than not the seizure is for corp gain... tar and feathers.....