PDA

View Full Version : George W Bush set to admit mistakes

MarketNeutral
26th April 2010, 08:53 AM
Former U.S. President George Bush is set to admit his mistakes for the first time in a new memoir set to be published in November.

As president, Mr Bush was known for not acknowledging errors, but Crown Publishers, the company behind the book, said that he 'writes honestly and directly about his flaws and mistakes'.

The president's publisher has lifted the veil on the cover of the new book, 'Decision Points'.

It features a photo of Mr Bush alone with his thoughts, standing in the Rose Garden Colonnade, wearing a dark suit and holding a briefing book, his head turned slightly from the camera.

The publishers said the former president would also write about 'his historic achievements in reforming education, providing life-saving treatments for HIV/Aids and malaria for millions of people in Africa, safeguarding the country from another terrorist attack, and other areas.

Mr Bush has said he is not writing a traditional memoir but an account of key decisions in his life.

According to Crown Publishers, 'Decision Points' will offer 'gripping, never-before-heard detail' on such historic events as the September 11, 2001, attacks and the 2000 presidential election along with Bush's decision to quit drinking, his relationship with his family and other personal details.

'Since leaving the Oval Office, President Bush has given virtually no interviews or public speeches about his presidency,' Crown said in a statement.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1268866/George-Bush-memoir-Decision-Points-reveal-9-11-mistakes.html#ixzz0mDnQcMGm

Ponce
26th April 2010, 09:49 AM
To me this is a "holocaust" moment.........better to simply forget the idiot and keep on walking.........upsssssssssssss almost forgot, we have another idiot in the White House.

Heimdhal
26th April 2010, 11:00 AM
"Its easier to ask forgivness than permission"

MarketNeutral
26th April 2010, 11:17 AM
"Its easier to ask forgivness than permission"

And got to hock a book.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
26th April 2010, 04:10 PM
Man he really was a terribly shitty president

EE_
26th April 2010, 04:38 PM
But he made no mistakes?
He did exactly as he was told and threw the country down a shithole.
How this scumbag can sit at the dinner table and look at his family, I have no idea.

1970 Silver Art
26th April 2010, 05:39 PM
I wonder if George W. Bush will admit to the mistake of running for president in the first place. I doubt it. Running for president was the biggest mistake that he made IMO.

k-os
26th April 2010, 05:46 PM
I don't think he wanted to be president. To me, it seemed like he was propelled into that position by his family (or some hidden force). I opt for the dude being stupid rather than evil, but that's just how I think.

1970 Silver Art
26th April 2010, 05:54 PM
I don't think he wanted to be president. To me, it seemed like he was propelled into that position by his family (or some hidden force). I opt for the dude being stupid rather than evil, but that's just how I think.

Some people might say that he was both stupid and evil.

Libertarian_Guard
26th April 2010, 09:08 PM
I would say 80% or more stupid. The man is slow. Hence his name ‘temporary’ in skull & bones. And ‘temporary’ was being kind, they could have nailed a more fitting tag on him.

20% or less evil.

Cebu_4_2
26th April 2010, 10:54 PM
the man spent almost his entire tenure drinking. This explains a lot of his speeches being slow and dumbed down, he couldn't think very well. I'm not saying that he was drunk on camera but hungover, takes one to know one ;D

Serpo
27th April 2010, 07:12 AM
This is going to be a very THICK book,perhaps in more ways then one ;D

jedemdasseine
27th April 2010, 07:26 AM
Who's the ghostwriter? 28-year-old Christopher Michel. Nothing wrong with being 28, but of all people, this guy?

Bush's writing bitch on the far right:
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/01/27/PH2008012701874.jpg

keehah
5th February 2011, 08:07 PM
The Hill: Bush cancels Switzerland visit under threat of protests, efforts to arrest him (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/142289-bush-cancels-swiss-visit-under-threat-of-protests-efforts-to-arrest-him)

President George W. Bush has canceled an event in the famously neutral country Switzerland because of expected protests to his presence there.

Bush was supposed to give the keynote address at a Jewish group's charity gala on Feb. 12 in Geneva.

Leftist groups had planned to protest the visit, according to news agencies. But several human rights groups had also filed criminal complaints against Bush, demanding that he be taken into custody if he stepped on Swiss soil and investigated for allegations of ordering torture.

MNeagle
5th February 2011, 08:13 PM
OT: I got all excited thinking Market Neutral had returned. My mistake.

Wow, the Swiss have a memory, much more so than the American populace!
That they even protest this scheduled event, wow.

mightymanx
5th February 2011, 10:00 PM
OT: I got all excited thinking Market Neutral had returned. My mistake.

Wow, the Swiss have a memory, much more so than the American populace!
That they even protest this scheduled event, wow.

I'll bet the Swiss get condemed in the media. Bush is speaking at a Jewish fundraising rally.

Serpo
5th February 2011, 10:34 PM

kregener
6th February 2011, 05:12 AM
What mistakes? Like not invading Iran or Syria? Not buying enough Haliburton just before 9/11?

Those kinds of mistakes?