PDA

View Full Version : Peaches!

StackerKen
26th April 2010, 04:51 PM
Our peach tree is three years old this year and hasn't produced any edible fruit in prior years.

But this year she has tons of little peaches!

Im gonna have to get a net to cover it so the birds don't get em.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h55/baytraderken/peaches.jpg

As they ripen i will show more pics.....LOL

Can you tell I have never had a fruit tree that gave fruit?

Edit; Oh we do have a grapefruit tree that gave us fruit a couple years ago but nothing last year...

and the orange, lemon and lime have yet to produce.

MNeagle
26th April 2010, 06:00 PM
Wow, beautiful. Show pics as they progress!

Korbin Dallas
26th April 2010, 07:12 PM
Very nice, Ken. I have a dwarf peach which has produced well for the past 15 years, but last year the crop was light and the animals got most of them. So far I have a couple of dozen little green ones, will definitely use netting this year.

Did you thin the fruit or did it naturally set with such nice spacing?

StackerKen
26th April 2010, 08:34 PM
Very nice, Ken. I have a dwarf peach which has produced well for the past 15 years, but last year the crop was light and the animals got most of them. So far I have a couple of dozen little green ones, will definitely use netting this year.

Did you thin the fruit or did it naturally set with such nice spacing?

No I didn't thin it. and i was wondering about that...I was thinking there may be too much on there...the whole tree looks pretty much like the picture.....

It Looks ok to you?

Grog
26th April 2010, 08:58 PM
Grats on the production! Having a tree that makes edible fruit is a great thing.

One question, the fruit look very white. Are all peaches that color at first or is it a whiter flesh variety?

StackerKen
26th April 2010, 09:01 PM
I dunno grog. I can't remember what kind of peach this tree produces.

and I haven't gotten any fruit from this tree yet....

And maybe I shouldn't be counting my peaches before they are ripened...lol

Korbin Dallas
26th April 2010, 09:09 PM
If the branch starts sagging a lot as the fruit gets bigger, you might want to remove one or two here and there to lighten the load.

StackerKen
26th April 2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks Korbin

AOW
26th April 2010, 09:36 PM
My little peach tree is only about 8 ft high and it's the squirrels and raccoons that I have to watch out for. This is the 3rd season for this tree and last year it gave us about a dozen peaches. This year looks like it could double that but a number of the peach buds will get plucked early if they aren't keeping up the others. This gives the good ones more energy. Keep that tree watered!

StackerKen
26th April 2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks AOW

and welcome to GSUS :)