PDA

View Full Version : Mexican drug cartels turn fire on authorities.

Ponce
27th April 2010, 09:56 AM
Mexican drug cartels turn fire on authorities.

Mexico's drug cartels have changed tactics and are turning more attacks on authorities, rather than focusing their fire on rivals gangs, the country's top security official said.

Interior Secretary Fernando Gomez-Mont said at a news conference that two back-to-back, bloody ambushes of government convoys - both blamed on cartels - represent a new tactic.

"In the last few weeks the dynamics of the violence have changed. The criminals have decided to directly confront and attack the authorities," Mr Gomez-Mont said.

"They are trying to direct their fire power at what they fear most at this moment, which is the authorities," he said.

Officials long said that more than 90% of the death toll in Mexico's wave of drug violence - which has claimed more than 22,700 lives since a government crackdown began in December 2006 - are victims of disputes between rival gangs.

Mexican drug gangs were known to target security officials. The nation's acting federal police chief was shot dead in May 2008 in an attack attributed to drug traffickers lashing back at President Felipe Calderon's offensive against organised crime.

But such high-profile attacks were rare in comparison to inter-gang warfare. But after the large-scale attacks on officials on Friday and Saturday, "casualties among the authorities are beginning to increase in this battle", Mr Gomez-Mont said.

===========No Links===============

Gknowmx
27th April 2010, 10:04 AM
symantics.. rival gangs, authorities... a distinction without a difference.

sirgonzo420
27th April 2010, 10:05 AM

Hear, hear!

Saul Mine
27th April 2010, 04:56 PM

"Authorities" draw a salary.

Apparition
27th April 2010, 05:12 PM

I couldn't have stated it any better.

Mill Man
27th April 2010, 07:14 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm very concerned about the rpgs and grenades coming from us gun shops and endning up in the hands of drug cartels.

FreeEnergy
27th April 2010, 08:16 PM
have you ever been to mexico?

that's maybe the most mellow country in the world.

no matter how criminalized jew-khazarian press is trying to portray it.

even "evil mayas" who apparently, as claimed by white historians - threw people in pools of water...I've been several times through that in Yukotan, when they counted the bodies it turned out these are women's skeletons, and it is once about 5-10 years...which is probably women going to get water and just falling into these giant pools themselves, breaking their neck. And the maian religion - destroyed completely by europeans.

I don't see any other way for them to be "militarized gangs" except if these gangs are being artificially created and financed with drug money - just like afgan drug money financing chechnya and al-CIAda.

The only drug cartels in there are CIA headed by Mossad and a bunch of private armies like Xe/Blackwater.

Veni, vidi...evigilavi!
27th April 2010, 08:23 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm very concerned about the rpgs and grenades coming from us gun shops and endning up in the hands of drug cartels.

;D ROFL, next thing you know they will be blaming U.S. for the H2 & H3 hummers as well.

[quote='I don't see any other way for them to be "militarized gangs" except if these gangs are being artificially created and financed with drug money'- FreeEnergy

For all we know this may just be true, I have friends (in Chih. state) that comeup w/crazy explanations and this is one of them!

FreeEnergy
27th April 2010, 08:26 PM
vendi-vidi, I've been to mexico 5 times or so, it is one of the most laid back and non offensive people in the world.

Even Trotzky, financed by all the money in the world from both ends of Atlantic, who ruled newly created khazarian-communist Soviet Union, couldn't get communist revolution off the ground in mexico. Nobody cared. :)

platinumdude
27th April 2010, 08:30 PM
What would happen if they legalize drugs to make it cheap.

General of Darkness
27th April 2010, 08:40 PM

What would happen if they allowed citizens to shoot back? Hell I bet if they made it legal to shoot back someone could make money off of it. Stimulate the economy. Instead of taco stands you could have ammo stands, while providing job applications to jobs that were stolen. Start doing border tours. You could rent rifles, ATV's, have a barbecue. I'm all for it. It actually sounds like a good time.

Veni, vidi...evigilavi!
27th April 2010, 08:41 PM
vendi-vidi, I've been to mexico 5 times or so, it is one of the most laid back and non offensive people in the world...

Yup, for the most part, but with what's happening right now, the state of Chihuahua is anything but laid-back, I hardly ever have time to post here (btw I was going to intro. myself later & I know some members may autom. despise but FYI I'm 1/2 Mex, and still have fam. there, it's a shame what's happening). I used to go across every other weekend from 2004-2006, I didn't know about PM's at the time though, wish I did, would'a had mass amounts of Libertads by now ;D

Veni, vidi...evigilavi!
27th April 2010, 08:51 PM
What would happen if they allowed citizens to shoot back?.....
[/quote]

I remember partially reading a thread about what the solution would be to these cartels, and I was going to respond, but was busy at the moment, then I forgot to bookmark the thread, but I agree with G.o.D, this is the only long term solution I see fit. These cartels are terrorists that find it easy to blend in with Mexico's society, just like insurgents in the middle east and our military have to rely on the civilians for accurate info (although sometime's it backfires). What if the people gained their rights to use guns again? I think the offenders would think twice no? Just this past week end 30 ppl resulted dead in 3 days in Cd.Juarez, I'm not even going to get into how many within the past year...

Ironfield
27th April 2010, 08:52 PM

Logically speaking, competition would rapidly increase as more people tried to ride out the wave of easy profits. Over time more suppliers would result in lower prices hence lower profit margins. The only way to remain competitive would be to buy out the completion, increase grow areas or create a supper strain of whatever drug they’re pushing.

Of course the above profitability would be further hampered by the government then coming into the equation and heavily taxing the new legalized drugs as a further source of revenue for themselves. And I’m sure they would more than likely impose silly regulations so that x number of companies/individuals can either grow the drugs and a particular amount. All the while providing special benefits for large organizations and companies, who favor these politicians.

On the plus side less pointless legal prosecutions for individuals choosing to go down that drug fueled path. On the negative side though, with more easily accessible drugs younger teens will experiment even with a theoretical legal age of 18-21 for the consumption of drugs, just like we did with booze and smoking.

-Ironfield

Ironfield
27th April 2010, 08:59 PM

What would happen if they allowed citizens to shoot back? Hell I bet if they made it legal to shoot back someone could make money off of it. Stimulate the economy. Instead of taco stands you could have ammo stands, while providing job applications to jobs that were stolen. Start doing border tours. You could rent rifles, ATV's, have a barbecue. I'm all for it. It actually sounds like a good time.

Reminds me of back in the day on Gim1 when the Somali pirates was the next big thing in the MSM and we came up with the armed boat cruse along the coast there. ;D Rent out a choice of armaments from 9mm to 50 cal. x $ amount per round with complementary AK and 100 round drum for every suite.

Pity that business venture was never put into practice. Although insurance premiums would have been a bugger.

-Ironfield