PDA

View Full Version : We are all but invisible on the web

Large Sarge
28th April 2010, 02:41 AM
Google Link 1 (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=gold+forum&aq=f&aqi=g6g-m4&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&rlz=1R2ACGW_enUS354&fp=9118ce00d2daff08)

Google Link 2 (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&rlz=1R2ACGW_enUS354&q=gold+%26+silver+forum&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=gold+%26+silver+forum&gs_rfai=&fp=9118ce00d2daff08)

EDIT: Changed long links to named links to prevent forum page scrolling to the right. -Gaillo

Grand Master Melon
28th April 2010, 02:50 AM
There's something to be said for being invisible.

Celtic Rogue
28th April 2010, 03:30 AM
I couldnt find any meta tags for the search bots to look for like the other site does...

meta name="keywords" content="Ron Paul,Bullion,Gold,Forums,Silver,Buy,Purchase,Plati num,Federal,Reserve,Invest,Money,Coins,Stocks,
Mines,Oil,Crude,Energy,Bullion,History,Constitutio n,Gold,Colloidal"

meta name="description" content="Discussion forum on Gold, Silver and Mining Stocks, Charting and TA on Precious Metals it's history - Federal Reserve - US Constitution - Ron Paul"

chad
28th April 2010, 06:08 AM
it's easy for the other site to get indexed, what being owned by the cia and all.

Nomen luni
28th April 2010, 06:44 AM
LoL!

Who cares, anyway? We're way ahead of 'The Censored Deuce' in terms of thread quantity and quality.

Serpo
28th April 2010, 08:08 AM
They are saying that this site is owned by the government

Cebu_4_2
28th April 2010, 09:04 AM
If anyone from there reads here (if they were lucky enough to find the link) and compare how much we are banned and censored it would be pretty clear who is government owned and who is not.

FreeEnergy
28th April 2010, 10:00 AM
Two things:

1) I don't see any links pointing to gold-silver.us
2) There are a couple of links pointing to www.gold-silver.us, with WWW, but this is not how this forum software is being used.

No right links = Invisible.

guys, need to work on this one.

also, it takes sometimes up to a year to rank in google for something as competitive as "gold forum". Did I mention somewhere that you don't have a chance in hell to compete against GIM2, at least for a year in SEO? I think I did.

Horn
28th April 2010, 10:06 AM
Word of mouth is always the best advertising.

I kinda like being invisible. :morph:

Google will be the eventual "architect of the matrix" anyways... :)

Libertarian_Guard
28th April 2010, 01:25 PM
There's something to be said for being invisible.

Exactly what I was thinking!

New posters are good as it brings in new ideas, but on the other hand it would seem interesting to me if the door were to be closed after a few hundred members became active, and see what direction the enclosed heard moves in.

woodman
28th April 2010, 01:47 PM
If anyone from there reads here (if they were lucky enough to find the link) and compare how much we are banned and censored it would be pretty clear who is government owned and who is not.

Who does own this site? I'd not be suprised if it was the gov. Same goes for the other site. Less shills here though. Better posting and discussion here too.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
28th April 2010, 02:09 PM
John6Pack from the old site owns this one. His name here is JohnQPublic.