PDA

View Full Version : This is What Direct Nonviolent Action looks like

wildcard
28th April 2010, 02:17 PM
One for the "hug 'em all, let God sort them out" hippies. ;D

link (http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/04/28/this-is-what-direct-nonviolent-action-looks-like/)

This is What Direct Nonviolent Action looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1vAJObtzM&feature=player_embedded

April 28, 2010 posted by Bob Higgins

By Joseph Dana *

More video from Al Walaja and the direct nonviolent action that the village is creating in order to stop the construction of the wall through their farmlands. This is what direct nonviolent action looks like in Palestine. This video was taken on 27 April 2010 by Activestills photographers.

Below is a report from the Popular Struggle Coordination Committee:

Mahatma Ghandi and Martin Luther KingPalestinian, Israeli and international demonstrators managed to stop the construction of the Wall in the village of alWalaja, south of Jerusalem for the second time this week. If completed, the path of the Wall in the area will surround the village completely, isolating it from all its lands, the cities of Bethlehem and Jerusalem and essentially the rest of the world.

Hot links and more at link above.

wildcard
28th April 2010, 02:50 PM
These people have great big bowling balls.

I am me, I am free
28th April 2010, 02:58 PM
I prefer indirect non-violent action.

Buddha
28th April 2010, 02:59 PM
Horrible, the non-violent resistance turned directly to violence when the IDF showed up and started "asserting their authority". Here we see and can have no question about who the instigators are.

Your building a wall around my land, I resist completely non violently, so the army comes in and throws us all around physically and with arms in hand. Where is the MSM on this??? Hahahahaha that was more of a sad joke....

wildcard
28th April 2010, 03:04 PM
I prefer more of a direct violent action, I can't lie. I do admire these folks though.

Gypsybiker45
28th April 2010, 03:18 PM
I dont admire them whatsoever.or the IDF stormtroopers. Thats the problem more than anything People should worry more about whats going on here and less about Greater Syria. Those peasants would be Turkish/British subjects if the "Israelis" werent their current masters. screw them both, I have no sympathy for either group, both are enemies of my culture.

wildcard
28th April 2010, 03:20 PM
When's the last time you stood up to a man in body armor holding a select-fire rifle with nothing but your bare hands? That's courage.

Bildo
28th April 2010, 03:41 PM
And sometimes direct nonviolent action gets you run over by a bulldozer...

http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

"She sat in front of the bulldozer. The soldier in control of the huge machine drove it deliberately over her. He then backed up, and ran over her again. Rachel was twenty-three years old. "

Low Pan
28th April 2010, 03:55 PM
wow....that's effing crazy Bildo...how many Gov officials said they were going to get a full investigation for her and never did. All on record too...

Gypsybiker45
28th April 2010, 05:06 PM
When's the last time you stood up to a man in body armor holding a select-fire rifle with nothing but your bare hands? That's courage.

When i came through the front gate of the base, drunk as ten barrels of shit,, 4 AM,and argued with guard on duty about showing my ID card. about 20 yrs ago,lol

wildcard
28th April 2010, 05:13 PM
ROFL, how'd that work out for you? (and liquid courage doesn't count!)

I wonder if our taxes paid for that big Cat dozer.

Bildo
28th April 2010, 05:36 PM
wow....that's effing crazy Bildo...how many Gov officials said they were going to get a full investigation for her and never did. All on record too...

Her parents have filed suit against the Israeli government and IDF. I believe the trial is going on right now.

Gypsybiker45
28th April 2010, 06:24 PM
ROFL, how'd that work out for you? (and liquid courage doesn't count!)

I wonder if our taxes paid for that big Cat dozer.

actually, it didnt work out very well.... :-\

lol

Low Pan
28th April 2010, 07:00 PM
it say's they also filed a suit against Caterpilar