PDA

View Full Version : "Sovereign" woman "steals" house

Bildo
28th April 2010, 05:01 PM
"A California woman who allegedly moved into an unoccupied Lolo home earlier this month and claimed the digs as her own may have been influenced by websites promoting the extremist "sovereign citizens" movement.

Jackiya Dionea Ford, 37, allegedly moved into a Lolo home while it was for sale, then changed the locks and filed a fraudulent lawsuit against the home's builder and rightful owner, Bob Paffhausen."

"Then Ford filed suit against Paffhausen, the builder, who told authorities that the woman showed up to view his house as a prospective buyer. After their initial meeting, Ford delivered paperwork claiming ownership of the house and all the land in a 20-mile radius around it. She offered to drop the lawsuit if Paffhausen paid her $900,000 in pure silver and gold."

"Ford told the deputies that she was a "sovereign citizen of the republic of America" and therefore officials had no authority over her. She said she owned the whole mountainside and that they were on private property."

http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_235a317a-51bd-11df-9822-001cc4c002e0.html

TheNocturnalEgyptian
28th April 2010, 05:06 PM
20 miles is a ballsy claim.

ximmy
28th April 2010, 05:06 PM
She's coming to a town near you... and perhaps... what is yours, will soon be hers .

wildcard
28th April 2010, 05:15 PM
I've got some ammo she can have. Crazy bitch. :D

Grand Master Melon
28th April 2010, 05:22 PM
What a dumb broad.

Besides, I would have specified ounces not a dollar amount. ;)

steveoc
28th April 2010, 05:42 PM
What a dumb broad.

Besides, I would have specified ounces not a dollar amount. ;)

LOL - just shows that she did'nt quite do her homework.

Does make you wonder though - there is a thin line between Ford's 'bogus patent sandwich' of paperwork, and the equivalent amount of paperwork held by a 'legitimate' mortgage holder. At the end of the day, 'ownership' comes down to the ability to defend your claim, and once again, those with badges and guns won out

Reading the original article ... it is interesting that she did actually file a mountain of paperwork before making a move, and the authorities had some significant trouble in undoing that 'bogus' paperwork. I think that is the real WTF behind this story.