PDA

View Full Version : Yeesh!!! Most Pesticide Laden Produce of 2010

ximmy
28th April 2010, 05:46 PM
Most Pesticide Laden Produce of 2010

A few months back, we reported on the 12 most pesticide-laden fruits and veggies. Today, Mother Nature Network reports that the Environmental Working Group is about to publish the 2010 version of the list. This year, celery beats out peaches for the number one spot in the "dirty dozen" list. New additions are spinach, potatoes, and blueberries, replacing last year's lettuce, pears, and carrots. In the "Clean 15" list, grapefruit and honeydew melon replace tomato and papaya.

http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2010/04/most-pesticide-laden-produce-2010

steyr_m
28th April 2010, 06:33 PM
How can potatoes be on the list? They (the consumed part) grow below ground.

johnlvs2run
28th April 2010, 09:25 PM
It is strange that corn is considered one of the three cleanest crops.

Most of the corn in the U.S. is genetically engineered.

Serpo
29th April 2010, 12:00 AM
How can potatoes be on the list? They (the consumed part) grow below ground.

Quite simple, spray the leaves ect for blight and it is readily absorbed into the whole plant.

If you put garlic in your shoe and stand on it it shows up in your blood system within a short time.

Like fluoride toothpaste ,it is absorbed thru the gums.

Serpo
29th April 2010, 12:04 AM
Celery on top as it is sprayed on the stalks to prevent the stallks getting rust type affliction,not counting all the other sprays it gets as well of course.

Shami-Amourae
29th April 2010, 06:34 PM
Celery is a big shocker for me, considering I've always seen Organic Carrots, but never Organic Celery.

I always peel my celery like I would carrots (not many people do this), so hopefully I should be in better territory than others.

johnlvs2run
29th April 2010, 06:38 PM
I used to get organic celery in boxes in Los Angeles.

Now that I live in a growing region it is not to be found.