PDA

View Full Version : Gun enthusiast fined for having too much ammo

mtnman
29th April 2010, 08:27 PM
Coming to America soon???

Gun enthusiast fined for having too much ammo
8:30am Wednesday 28th April 2010

http://www.cotswoldjournal.co.uk/news/8122646.Gun_enthusiast_fined_for_having_too_much_a mmo/

A WINCHCOMBE gun enthusiast caught with far more ammunition than he was entitled to keep has been fined £1,000.

Christopher Hance, aged 43, of Back Lane, Winchcombe, was also ordered to pay £440 in costs at Gloucester Crown Court on Monday (26/4) after he admitted 10 charges of possessing the expanding ammunition.

Prosecutor Derek Ryder said Hance, who shot vermin for landowners and also hunted deer, had a firearms certificate and a shotgun licence entitling him to keep guns and ammunition.

But when police went to his home on December 2 last year they found a “large amount of ammunition”.

Hance, who was making his own ammunition, told police he had accumulated too much because of “bad housekeeping”.

He admitted being in possession of a 9mm cartridge and of a 12 gauge shotgun slug without having a certificate for them.

He also admitted five charges of possessing expanding ammunition and four of possessing missiles, namely bullet heads, which could be used to make expanding rounds.

He asked for a further seven similar offences to be taken into consideration, Defence barrister Oliver Doherty told the court that Hance was legally in possession of guns and was entitled to keep certain amounts of ammunition but had accumulated too much.

All the ammunition found by police was properly secured and locked away, he added.

Recorder Patrick Clarkson fined Hance £1,000 plus costs of £425 and a witness surcharge of £15 The court heard that Hance no longer has a firearms certificate.

Gaillo
29th April 2010, 08:29 PM
He admitted being in possession of a 9mm cartridge and of a 12 gauge shotgun slug without having a certificate for them.

1000 pound fine for THAT?

I'm glad I don't live there... I'd be locked up FOREVER, after being fined for everything I have! :o

willie pete
29th April 2010, 08:32 PM
Must be like Barney Fife,....ONE bullet in your shirt pocket :lol :lol

Grog
29th April 2010, 08:37 PM
I know a few Brits who are so anti-gun it makes me shudder. I just avoid the topic with them and think to myself that we will have to save them (again) in the future.

Strange reasoning and so vulnerable.

Then again, I know a few Americans who are just as anti gun. Sad really.

silver_surfer
29th April 2010, 09:03 PM
Britian is lost

old steel
29th April 2010, 09:14 PM
So totally messed up i dunno where to begin.

Do they have any rights left in the UK?

Black Blade
29th April 2010, 09:14 PM
Britian is lost

Great Britain isn't so great anymore. In fact it is a failed state turning into solidly IngSoc. It has actually become something like Anthony Burgess's "Clockwork Orange".

Occamsrazor
29th April 2010, 09:30 PM
I can easily explain the mystery of the anti-gun people. They are simply scum of the earth who know deep down they deserve to be shot on the spot. They are wife-abusers, domestic tyrants, child molesters,perverts of all kinds and traitors to whatever country they live in.

They are anti-gun because they correctly view themselves being on the receiving end of one.

Ponce
29th April 2010, 09:47 PM

1000 pound fine for THAT?

I'm glad I don't live there... I'd be locked up FOREVER, after being fined for everything I have! :o

Don't worry Gaillo.......the "there" will be the "here" pretty soon, is only a matter of time.

Gknowmx
30th April 2010, 05:12 AM
Must be like Barney Fife,....ONE bullet in your shirt pocket :lol :lol

Heh, yeh, one empty shotgun shell

Awoke
30th April 2010, 05:27 AM
I can easily explain the mystery of the anti-gun people. They are simply scum of the earth who know deep down they deserve to be shot on the spot. They are wife-abusers, domestic tyrants, child molesters,perverts of all kinds and traitors to whatever country they live in.

They are anti-gun because they correctly view themselves being on the receiving end of one.

That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with, StalinsRazor. ;)
I personally know a lot of anti-gun people who are none of the things you mentioned.

They are simply brainwashed by the TIHR (http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?topic=2543.msg23023#msg23023) inspired media, schools and social engineering.

(I'm just poking fun at you with the name-play)

chad
30th April 2010, 05:38 AM
awoke, can you shed some light on canada's restrictive gun culture. i totally do not get it.

i spend a ton of time in ontario every year, probably six weeks total. i mean, where i go, it's total wilderness. how can you not have guns out there? i don't get it. half your country is wild, untamed, god's country. there's not even any people around. who could care? :conf: :conf: :conf:

Awoke
30th April 2010, 07:12 AM
Chad:

Canada is shackled with Imperial Britians conservative/controlling monarchy.

The gun laws are not as restricting as I once thought, but there is still too much restriction period, IMO.

I'm not expert in this field, but I think I understand the basics.

As far as I understand it, long-guns are classed as Non-Restricted.
Technically, I can drive around in the day time with a Shotgun on my passenger-seat, as long as it is not loaded. Probaby even a window mounted gun rack, but I would have to look into that.
However, half an hour before sun set until half an hour after sunrise, the gun must be stored unloaded, action open, trigger locked and in an opaque case. (Anything you can't see through. A Gun-sock meets this requirement)
To possess Non-restricted, you need a POL. (Possession Only Licence) This way you can own Hand-me-downs from your grandpa.
To purchase Non-restricted, you need a PAL (Possession and Aquisition Licence)
To buy ammo, you need the PAL, I believe.
To get the PAL, you have to pay for and pass a Firearms safety course, as well as a Hunters Safety course to get a hunting licence.

Pistols and assault rifles and other certain firearms are classed as Restricted.
None may be fully auto.
You may not travel with a resticted weapon without and AT&T (Authorization to Transport)
You can not aquire restricted firearms without being a member in good standing at a registered gun club.
You can not buy restriceted ammo without a restricted licence.
You need a PAL to take the restricted course and to aquire the restricted licence.

The AT&T will be applied for on your behalf by the Gun club. Once you have it, you are allowed to travel with your pistol from your registered residence to any registered gun club, anywhere in Canada.
However, any travel to any other location besides a sanctioned gun club requires a phone call to the RCMP, which then will provide a temporary pass number for you, in order to bring the gun to a specified location. (Even a trip to the gunsmith shop requires this permission form!)

Regardless, you do not have freedom when travelling to the gun club.
The firearm must be transported as follows:
Unloaded
Action open
Trigger locked
Hardshell opaque case
Case locked
Hidden out of site

The ammo can be transported in the case, but I don't think you're allowed to have a loaded clip. I think you need to have the clips empty, but I could be wrong.

Any other guns that are not classed as Non-restricted or Restricted are classed as Prohibited.
This includes Pistols with a barrel length of less than 4.5 inches, shotties or rifles with a barrel length of less than 18 inches. There is also a minimum "Overall" length that must be exceeded, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.
AK-47s and the like are prohibited.

Prohibited firearms can be grandfathered, ie: If you own one that is not on that list, then suddenly TPTB decide to add it to the list, you can keep it, but you can't take it anywhere or shoot it. When you die, your family members are expected to turn it in for destruction, unless you had already lost it in a horrble boating accident.

Prohibited licences can be aquired with a great amount of jumping through firey hoops and acidic red tape, but these licences are usually reserved for goverment ops or NWO pigs.

That's about the best I can offer you right now. I am new to the gun world myself, and just finished jumping through the hoops myself, so I may not be 100% accurate on the info presented above.

One thing I will say is, transportation of handguns has gotten a lot easier with the AT&T. Before that, you would have to call in every single time you were going to leave your house to go to the range.

Also, you do not require a POL, PAL or Restricted Licence to join most gun clubs. In fact, a regular every Joe or Jane could walk in off the street, who has never even seen a gun before, and get taught how to safely handle and shoot a pistol. Good clubs offer this not only as a free perk, but also make it a requirement to visit a certain amount of times as a probationary potential member before allowing you to join the club as a full member.
Good clubs will provide you with a pistol, ammo, and a one-on-one instructor, all for free, for a limited amount of visits. (5 to 15, depending on the club)

The Canadian gun community is very welcoming and has an open-arm policy in my experience, and that is the word I am trying to spread constantly. I encourage all my friends, family and co-workers to get licenced up, before we meet britains mentality, where SWAT teams take down children in the woods for plinking with a BB gun that shoots a mere 350fps.

JDRock
30th April 2010, 08:31 AM
So totally messed up i dunno where to begin.

Do they have any rights left in the UK?

Sadder yet? ...without guns, they'll never be able to get them (lost rights) back.

Awoke
30th April 2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah, on GIM I had a thread called "The De-balling of England" that covered that rediculous story I mentioned above, about the kids having a low-powered BB gun.

The citizens were saying stuff like "I don't think anyone should be able to own guns" and all that.
NWO Enabling LEOs were saying that the low powered BB gun was deadly, etc.

Pretty sad.

Even now, the media is corrupting the poll results and misleading the public with their statement regarding the CTV poll I posted (http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?topic=3398.msg29664#msg29664) about.

95% have voted against the registry, with over 25,000 votes.
5% have voted for it.

The media is saying "Hundreds of Canadians are against long gun ownership" and "Hundreds of concerned Canadians vote to support the long gun registry" and other spun-out bullshit like that.

They don't mention the tens of thousands that know the registry is a waste of time, money and energy, and voted against it.

chad
30th April 2010, 07:17 PM
thanks awoke. i am still digesting this. W O W.

Olmstein
30th April 2010, 09:36 PM

A perfectly rational, sane point of view. Not crazy at all. No sir.

:sarc:

Occamsrazor
30th April 2010, 10:08 PM

A perfectly rational, sane point of view. Not crazy at all. No sir.

:sarc:

Don`t get your sarcasm,Olmstein. Do you disagree with what I`ve said?

FreeEnergy
30th April 2010, 10:18 PM
occam, how 'bout atni-gun women? or russian men don't give a damn about women?

what he's probably trying to say that there are other colors besides black and white. :)

Olmstein
30th April 2010, 10:30 PM

Yes, I disagree with your theory about anti-gun people.

Your description of anti-gun people as "...wife-abusers, domestic tyrants, child molesters, perverts of all kinds and traitors...", is funny, though.

Occamsrazor
30th April 2010, 10:32 PM

Yes, I disagree with your theory about anti-gun people.

Your description of anti-gun people as "...wife-abusers, domestic tyrants, child molesters, perverts of all kinds and traitors...", is funny, though.

care to elaborate? Are you anti-gun?

Olmstein
30th April 2010, 10:39 PM
care to elaborate?

Not really. Your opinion is so far removed from reality or rational thought that a reasoned debate would just be silly.

Are you anti-gun?

No.

Occamsrazor
30th April 2010, 11:03 PM
care to elaborate?

Not really. Your opinion is so far removed from reality or rational thought that a reasoned debate would just be silly.

Are you anti-gun?

No.

Are you trying to weasel your way out of an answer by an empty personal attack?

Occamsrazor
1st May 2010, 12:28 AM
care to elaborate?

Ok, I will elaborate for you. We have been pretty friendly up to this thread. Have I struck a nerve?
You are not anti-gun and I was listing, let`s see... wife-beaters, domestic tyrants, child molesters, perverts of all kinds...hmmm...

Publico Pro Se
1st May 2010, 07:42 AM
The guy's first mistake was keeping the extra "too much" ammo along with all his proper amount of ammo. His second was opening the door to the cops.

Twisted Titan
1st May 2010, 08:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-9_fDEsv-Q

FunnyMoney
1st May 2010, 11:13 AM
... I suspect U.S. gun owners will not be a pushover like the castrated British lion..

In every corner of the globe, people have been tricked into giving up their God given right to self protection.

But inside North America, this has been a severe thorn in the side of TPTB. Only one well armed large middle class group of workers remains in the world.
TPTB have been able to convince a lot of people, but it has taken them a long time to get the majority of guns exclusively into the hands of criminals and govts. Peace loving working class people still hold onto the right to self protection in large numbers here. But TPTB are not stupid, while they have seen the direct attack on this right work nearly everywhere in the globe, they are flexible in their efforts. They will now go after the "ability" of north americans to self protect instead of the actual "right" to. When the working class is left with a choice between spending their after tax wages on food and energy or on increasingly expensive arms, ammo, and miles of regulations required to obtain them - that choice, on the ground, plays out to their favor when the working class and their children are facing hunger.

Book
1st May 2010, 11:35 AM
When the working class is left with a choice between spending their after tax wages on food and energy or on increasingly expensive arms, ammo, and miles of regulations required to obtain them - that choice, on the ground, plays out to their favor when the working class and their children are facing hunger.

http://www.odcmp.com/images/MFRHC1.JPG

http://tworiversrifle.com/range/Eve_Lily.jpg

I'm not worried FunnyMoney. The real working class are better prepared than the non-working class.

;D

Phenix Pawn
1st May 2010, 05:11 PM
Brits our wankers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1tJJO_pVvQ

TRUE!

Awoke
2nd May 2010, 07:52 PM
thanks awoke. i am still digesting this. W O W.

No problem dude.

I stocked up on some more ammo over the weekend too.

skid
2nd May 2010, 08:12 PM
awoke, can you shed some light on canada's restrictive gun culture. i totally do not get it.

i spend a ton of time in ontario every year, probably six weeks total. i mean, where i go, it's total wilderness. how can you not have guns out there? i don't get it. half your country is wild, untamed, god's country. there's not even any people around. who could care? :conf: :conf: :conf:

Canadians can have guns. Rifles are limited to 5 shots, handguns are limited to 10. You can buy assualt type weapons, but some are classified as restricted due to their short barrel length. Most have a rivet in the mag to prevent loading more than 5 shots. The unrestricted .308 M1A is like that, and they can be used for hunting if the owner wants to. Even .50 calibre and belt fed semi auto machine guns are available if one wants to buy one.

Hopefully they'll drop the registry soon too. Ammo is limited only by your budget and is not tracked. They do ask for your license when it is purchased though, but do not record the number.

Awoke
2nd May 2010, 08:29 PM

Canadians can have guns. Rifles are limited to 5 shots, handguns are limited to 10. You can buy assualt type weapons, but some are classified as restricted due to their short barrel length. Most have a rivet in the mag to prevent loading more than 5 shots. The unrestricted .308 M1A is like that, and they can be used for hunting if the owner wants to. Even .50 calibre and belt fed semi auto machine guns are available if one wants to buy one.

Hopefully they'll drop the registry soon too. Ammo is limited only by your budget and is not tracked. They do ask for your license when it is purchased though, but do not record the number.

See my post #12 (http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?topic=3544.msg31589#msg31589) in this thread.

Also, Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart both document your licence number, the number of rounds, and the gauge you purchase.

skid
2nd May 2010, 08:34 PM
The CT's and Walmarts have never recorded my data. Must be just in your area. Course I'm out west where we are a little freer:)

skid
2nd May 2010, 08:39 PM

See my post #12 (http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?topic=3544.msg31589#msg31589) in this thread.

Also, Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart both document your licence number, the number of rounds, and the gauge you purchase.

Your #12 post is pretty accurate, except for the portion that all assault rifles are restricted An M1A/M-14 is not restricted because the barrels exceed the minimum lenght required. Those are full on battle rifles. They are limited to 5 rounds, and the 20 round mags have a rivet to prevent loading more than 5 rounds. Get caught drilling out the rivet and you will be in a fair bit of trouble though...

Awoke
2nd May 2010, 08:42 PM
Good enough. I know that I still have a lot to learn, so I made the disclaimer that I may not be 100% accurate in my original post.
Thanks though!

:)

Occamsrazor
2nd May 2010, 10:34 PM
I`m back with my psychoanalysis of anti-gun personality.

Here is what I think besides what i`ve said already here. Men who walk around completely unarmed (I`ve carried a blade or 2 almost every day I crossed the doorstep of my appt since I was 7-8) never imagine themselves DEFENDING anyone including their own rotten selves.

I know that if I see a woman being attacked by a man or several men, I`ll have to do something in order to be able to continue looking at myself in the mirror while shaving.
The same applies to witnessing an old man being attacked or maybe even a young man being attacked by robbers etc.
Needless to say I will use a weapon to defend myself, God forbid the day comes (had to pull a blade twice in my life already).
}
The unarmed "men" know that a day may come when they may be in this situation and their plans include simply walking away.

So, I view any unarmed man, unless he is a real life action hero (I`ve been lucky to know and befriend a few who truly don`t need a weapon to rip a human to shreads but such people are extremely rare) as a traitor to humanity.

Gypsybiker45
3rd May 2010, 02:43 AM

Here is what I think besides what i`ve said already here. Men who walk around completely unarmed (I`ve carried a blade or 2 almost every day I crossed the doorstep of my appt since I was 7-8) never imagine themselves DEFENDING anyone including their own rotten selves.

I know that if I see a woman being attacked by a man or several men, I`ll have to do something in order to be able to continue looking at myself in the mirror while shaving.
The same applies to witnessing an old man being attacked or maybe even a young man being attacked by robbers etc.
Needless to say I will use a weapon to defend myself, God forbid the day comes (had to pull a blade twice in my life already).
}
The unarmed "men" know that a day may come when they may be in this situation and their plans include simply walking away.

So, I view any unarmed man, unless he is a real life action hero (I`ve been lucky to know and befriend a few who truly don`t need a weapon to rip a human to shreads but such people are extremely rare) as a traitor to humanity.

You are such a badass! werent you n Eastern Promises?

Occamsrazor
3rd May 2010, 02:55 AM

}

What`s that?

sirgonzo420
3rd May 2010, 06:02 AM
Rule Britannia!

Britannia rule the waves!

Britons never, never, never shall be slaves!

Awoke
3rd May 2010, 06:43 AM

}

I like this post.

Gypsybiker45
4th May 2010, 04:54 PM

}

What`s that?

a movie with Viggo Mortenson he pays a Russian mobster in the UK, not a bad flick.I think youd like it.

Occamsrazor
4th May 2010, 06:01 PM
No Russian has ever been portrayed simpathetically in any Western movie. I choose never to watch any Western movies dealing with anything Russian-related, it`s all propaganda and lies.

Gypsybiker45
5th May 2010, 02:49 AM
No Russian has ever been portrayed simpathetically in any Western movie. I choose never to watch any Western movies dealing with anything Russian-related, it`s all propaganda and lies.

I still think you would like it. as a crime movie if nothing else.

Awoke
5th May 2010, 03:18 AM
I found that movie to be quite slow, most of the time. I was bored. The bath-house brawl was good, but the rest was meh.