PDA

View Full Version : Wasp spray

Libertytree
1st May 2010, 02:24 PM
Got this in an email from a friend.

Wasp spray...who knew ??? I know some of you own GUNS, but this is something to think about... If you don't have a gun, here's another way to wreck someone's evil plans for you.

Did you know this? I didn't. I never really thought of it before. Wasp Spray !!!
A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life. Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School . For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them." Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.
It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray."That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out.." Maybe even save a life.

Please share this with all the people in your life.

Did you also know...wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will!

Edit: I have been informed that it is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling, therefore, I must post a disclaimer that I in no shape, form or fashion advocate nor endorse said product for any use other than what is consistent with its labeling.

Spectrism
1st May 2010, 02:37 PM
I don't believe this report. It is absolutely stupid advice and can kill people.

Raid Wasp & Hornet Spray is an extraordinarily effective product. That means it is extremely toxic to bees and humans, so real care has to be taken to assure you are handling this product in the safest possible manner. I would certainly recommend gloves, eyewear and avoid contact with your skin as per instructions on the can. In addition the manufacturer recommends you remove any clothing that has been sprayed with Raid Wasp & Hornet Spray and rinse for 15 minutes.

The active ingredients include:

.20% Tetramethrin…. A suspected carcinogen and neuro toxicant
.20% Peremethrin…Carcinogen, endocrine, gastrointestinal, neuro, reproductive & liver toxicant
99.6% Other Ingredients

You have to understand that while these are toxic ingredients, you really do not know how much is enough to cause you injury. If you are pregnant, do you really want to use this product?

What about the 99.6% of other ingredients? We are label readers and many assume that because the product isn’t listed that the 99.6% of other ingredients is safe, not so! I a report by the New York environmental Protection Bureau, dated May 200 ordered by Elliot Spitzer, New Yorks Attorney General,** it was determined \“Pesticide products contain a variety of ingredients that either are known to be toxic or have not been adequately tested for toxicity and the public is denied of their presence.” These inert products can include :

Chlorethane
Cresoils
Dibutylphthalate
Dimethylphthalate
Epichlohydrin
Isophorone
Napthalene
Phenol
Toulene

that can cause nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, skin, eye irritations, pancreatitis, nervous system disruption, dizziness, respiratory paralysis, comas and a sundry assortment of maladies including death.

Ponce
1st May 2010, 02:43 PM
Bear spray.........good also for humans......one in the house and in each of my cars.........range of 25 feet.

Gknowmx
1st May 2010, 03:03 PM
I second the bear spray idea.

Publico Pro Se
1st May 2010, 03:24 PM
How about a working Bic Lighter to go along with the wasp spray?

willie pete
1st May 2010, 03:35 PM
Yea, bear spray or the like....plenty of different varieties around

Ponce
1st May 2010, 03:41 PM
Publico......the spray going out is faster than the fire so that you will have to lighted every three seconds, the same as carburetor cleaner....before the bear spray I was using the carburetor cleaner.....works great.

Might be "illegal" to carry the bear spray but not the carburetor cleaner.

Phenix Pawn
1st May 2010, 07:07 PM
Got this in an email from a friend.

Wasp spray...who knew ??? I know some of you own GUNS, but this is something to think about... If you don't have a gun, here's another way to wreck someone's evil plans for you.

Did you know this? I didn't. I never really thought of it before. Wasp Spray !!!
A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life. Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School . For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them." Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.
It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray."That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out.." Maybe even save a life.

Please share this with all the people in your life.

Did you also know...wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will!

Edit: I have been informed that it is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling, therefore, I must post a disclaimer that I in no shape, form or fashion advocate nor endorse said product for any use other than what is consistent with its labeling.

So does this make it illegal to pee in my Super-Soaker?

Rebel Yarr
1st May 2010, 07:10 PM
I'll stick with spraying 7.62 x 39 thank ya'll

Libertytree
1st May 2010, 07:11 PM
"So does this make it illegal to pee in my Super-Soaker?"

Probably..

platinumdude
1st May 2010, 07:18 PM
Bear spray can blind the person permanently. I rather just shoot them and put them out of their misery.

Edit. I had read that when reading a warning label on an ad for bear spray a few years ago. I think that is maybe not true? Everywhere I search on the internet, it makes no mention on this. Including this site:
http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/bear-spray2.htm

wildcard
1st May 2010, 08:10 PM
Oven cleaner is pretty nasty stuff.

Ponce
1st May 2010, 08:15 PM
As long as you don't use your pee water gun on some one, other wise you might blind him...........remember the James Bond movie heheheeheheh.