PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...

wildcard
1st May 2010, 03:24 PM
That's right bitches, and I've got both barrels of hateâ„¢ loaded just for you!

http://www.thebirdman.org/

A Few of the Birdman's Many Quotations on Free Speech and Truth

* Free speech is offensive speech.
* Truth hurts -- especially if it's funny.
* The reason men are silenced is not because they speak falsely, but because they speak the truth. This is because if men speak falsehoods, their own words can be used against them; while if they speak truly, there is nothing which can be used against them -- except force.
* A good writer should be both insightful and inciteful.
* The best ideas are those alive with manly vigor, which rape each virgin mind and fill it with the seed of unborn thoughts.
* You will know you have spoken the truth when you are angrily denounced; and you will know you have spoken both truly and well when you are visited by the police.
* Things are interesting to the extent that they arouse controversy; and things which are the most interesting are those which are cursed and consigned to Hell.
* Free speech is an act of desperation. It is a last resort, an onslaught of quiet fury, and -- in most cases -- an insult to, and abandonment of, vital social norms. Men who murder have usually lost their inhibitions only for a moment; but men who speak freely have lost them forever, and are thus as dangerous to a society as a mad dog.
* To be taken seriously, you must first offend. If you do not, people will say, "Oh, he's just like so-and-so, with perhaps a touch of such-and-such", and forget about you entirely; while if you touch a raw nerve, you at least know that you are on the pathway to the brain. The point is, men will rarely think new thoughts without a jolt, and if you expect them to think the ones you have, then you must first crash your way into their consciousness.
* Truth has no manners. It is no respecter of persons. It wounds kings as deeply as commoners. It cuts down the high, and confirms the lowness of the low. It may dress up for formal occasions, but it does so only in order that it may more shockingly expose itself in front of the assembled company. And just as it respects no one, likewise there are few who respect it. But those who do are granted many favors -- power, understanding, dominion, and of course the honor of the unswerving hatred of the ignorant millions.
* What I say may seem outrageous and outre, but my purpose is to push the envelope of discourse to its outer limits on the theory that freedom of speech, like both mind and body, requires vigorous exercise to remain healthy. Beyond this, the act of pushing the free speech envelope will embolden others to speak, and their acts of boldness reinforce the perception that free speech is tolerated, thereby increasing the probability that it will be. But as I embolden others to speak, so I embolden them to act; and in this way I help insure that free speech is more than a sounding gong or a tinkling symbol. Put another way, I hope to make the world safe for bigotry, ie, safe for the opinions to which -- in Ambrose Bierce's words -- others are intractably and vociferously opposed. But if I advocate free speech, I also advocate and impose upon myself the harshest and most demanding discipline on speech: I acknowledge my critics and call attention to their criticism, and I always respond seriously to any serious criticism they may offer. What this means is that I accept and impose the discipline of truth: If someone is right in their criticism, I have an obligation to acknowledge the error -- publicly if possible; and with as stringent a discipline as this, I am forced to be careful in what I say. For all its stringency, however, this discipline offers some very distinct advantages: It ultimately disarms my critics -- not infrequently turning them into friends -- and continually reinforces my reputation among both friends and foes as one who is as intolerant of error in himself as he is intolerant of it in others, and as morally incorruptible as any man who walks the earth. By this means, then, I retain as enemies only the evil and the stupid; and these are those who would be my enemies no matter what. Thus my fights are few, easy and usually small, while my victories are often grand; and in the process I accomplish one of the most desired goals of any man anywhere -- I can sleep at night.

Olmstein
1st May 2010, 03:27 PM
That's all well and good, but my wise old grandfather told me, "it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

Let's try to keep the debate civil around here.

Oh..., uh..., Welcome Back!

wildcard
1st May 2010, 03:40 PM
I'll leave "nice" for little girls in Sunday school. I prefer the truth.

Ponce
1st May 2010, 03:42 PM
Oh oh, drinking again........I'd better cover my ears.

wildcard
1st May 2010, 03:43 PM
Protect those virginal ears Ponce! I'm sure those haven't heard anything bad before. ;D

http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/wildlife-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

ximmy
1st May 2010, 03:45 PM
I wise man once told me not to take myself too seriously.. but I told him to Pluck off.

Olmstein
1st May 2010, 03:53 PM

How about "you catch more flies with sugar than you do with vinegar".

wildcard
1st May 2010, 03:54 PM
I'll leave that up to you Olmstein. You can be my side kick. I'll knock them down and you kick them in the side. 8)

1970 Silver Art
1st May 2010, 04:09 PM

I prefer the truth too. I prefer to be truthful and civil.

wildcard
1st May 2010, 04:11 PM
Hey, you get what you give. Have I ever been uncivil to you OJW?

Phenix Pawn
1st May 2010, 04:18 PM
I'll leave that up to you Olmstein. You can be my side kick. I'll knock them down and you kick them in the side. 8)

Hmmm....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYqArjs_L4M&feature=related

Alcohol?

1970 Silver Art
1st May 2010, 04:20 PM

Nope. You have not been uncivil to me. ;D

Horn
1st May 2010, 04:21 PM
Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences. ~Norman Cousins

MAGNES
1st May 2010, 04:28 PM
Welcome back, 2 days brig ;D, nice find.

I was banned too ;D and I didn't even swear.

Ha Ha , so I beat most of you. LOL

WildCard, you are a smart guy that knows what is going on.

Last summer I listened to your find in your sig,
Mises, free book, key information.
And on gold and silver manipulation too.

Must listening and reading for everyone.

IMO all of us need to stick to the message
and promote the info, works better for all,
especially those challenged by the info,
information alone is insulting to some, truth.

Grand Master Melon
1st May 2010, 04:38 PM
I'm back too. Yay!

wildcard
1st May 2010, 04:41 PM
I'm back too. Yay!

http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content/uploads2/2009/11/illegal-aliens-1-300x202.jpg

Apparition
1st May 2010, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

StackerKen
1st May 2010, 05:18 PM
yay....

heh
:oo-->

wildcard
1st May 2010, 05:22 PM

Thanks for being honest OJW. Who is BLACK if I'm not mistaken. What do I tell you about firearms OJW? Don't I tell you to get one/some asap and begin training to protect yourself?

*THE SAME THING I TOLD MERLIN BEFORE HE RODE IN ON HIS HIGH HORSE.

**and I don't give a rat's ass if you like me or not, don't click my threads, put me on ignore, see if I care. (not directed at you OJW)

StackerKen
1st May 2010, 05:23 PM
welcome back wildcard and melon

StackerKen
1st May 2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks for being honest OJW. Who is BLACK if I'm not mistaken.

Wildcard; Do you mind if I ask why you brought up his Race?

wildcard
1st May 2010, 05:32 PM
Because I'm a raycis obviously. Duh. ::)

wildcard
1st May 2010, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY&feature=related

Gaillo
1st May 2010, 05:38 PM
Welcome back, wildcard!

Grand Master Melon
1st May 2010, 05:40 PM
Welcome back, wildcard!

ouch

wildcard
1st May 2010, 05:40 PM
Thank you sir may I have ano....wait, what? ;D

Grand Master Melon
1st May 2010, 05:41 PM
welcome back wildcard and melon

thanks kind sir

Gaillo
Thank you sir may I have ano....wait, what? ;D

;D ;D ;D

wildcard
Welcome back, wildcard!

ouch

Don't be jealous, that group of illegals was happy to see you made it back. :)

Gaillo
1st May 2010, 05:42 PM
Welcome back, wildcard!

ouch

Ooops... didn't notice you arrived back too! Welcome back, GMM! 8)

Grand Master Melon
1st May 2010, 05:42 PM
Welcome back, wildcard!

ouch

Don't be jealous, that group of illegals was happy to see you made it back. :)

lol

Not sure why they'd be happy to see someone that thinks they should go back to wherever they came from.

Horn
1st May 2010, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1rlThKe1qo

wildcard
1st May 2010, 05:50 PM
Hey hole I got you a gift.

http://www.markdefrates.com/images/aastlg.jpg

Libertarian_Guard
1st May 2010, 07:09 PM
Wildcard, welcome back aboard my friend.

May we try to see the similarities between us, without allowing such subtle differences to build a wall between us.

If you are a friend of Book, you are a friend of mine.

We have much ground to build upon.

Horn
1st May 2010, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw9VjbgFI0g

RJB
1st May 2010, 07:18 PM
Almost as dramatic as Merlin's departure ;D

Welcome back.

wildcard
1st May 2010, 07:22 PM
http://brokenworld.wikispaces.com/file/view/hitler_stalin.png

Desolation LineTrimmer
1st May 2010, 07:32 PM
Because I'm a raycis obviously. Duh. ::)

LOL.

Libertarian_Guard
1st May 2010, 07:39 PM
Almost as dramatic as Merlin's departure ;D

Well, not quite. Merlin was on his way out, our friend Wildcard is back on board, with much to contribute!

Occamsrazor
1st May 2010, 08:15 PM
God, I hate these "I`m back" threads. They are nothing but fishing for compliments. I bet you can`t wait to hear what "an important contributor" you are etc...and it`s not like you were banned for a year like I was on GIM. I was gonna come back in a year, search my threads and pick up right where I left as if nothing happened.
This would be a Stalinist way of coming back, all business and zero bs...

wildcard
1st May 2010, 08:22 PM
Isn't there some important jew holiday you should be crying about antonio? Some jew stubbed his toe and the goat's milk lasted til the shadow of death passed over or something? Light a candle. Go start some "I love uncle Joe" thread and buzz off. Your jew-di mind tricks won't work here.

And for the record, all my detractors are the one that keep bumping this for the most part. I just thought I'd let them know I was back and rededicated. As I said, you're not being forced to click on my thread.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/Dolvio/Jews-not-accomodated.jpg

Libertarian_Guard
1st May 2010, 08:25 PM
God, I hate these "I`m back" threads. They are nothing but fishing for compliments. I bet you can`t wait to hear what "an important contributor" you are etc...and it`s not like you were banned for a year like I was on GIM. I was gonna come back in a year, search my threads and pick up right where I left as if nothing happened.
This would be a Stalinist way of coming back, all business and zero bs...

wildcard
1st May 2010, 08:30 PM
You have something to add LG or just reaffirming your support for Stalinist ways?

Libertarian_Guard
1st May 2010, 08:32 PM
God, I hate these "I`m back" threads. They are nothing but fishing for compliments. I bet you can`t wait to hear what "an important contributor" you are etc...and it`s not like you were banned for a year like I was on GIM.

If my friend Wildcard could but forget about the hate, he might have much to contribute here.

wildcard
1st May 2010, 08:34 PM
There's no hate here. Only clarity of what has to be done.

wildcard
1st May 2010, 08:39 PM
Lefty sez:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/Dolvio/Stalin-Occamsrazor-Sit-down-and-STF.jpg

Horn
1st May 2010, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeYSUPQVoRI

Libertarian_Guard
1st May 2010, 08:47 PM
Clarity is a very good thing. I hope you've endeared yourself of the reality of such, without further B.S.

Through many of the posts that Book, yourself and I have posted in, there is far more common ground, than disagreeable mundane points.

Let's move forth, and but the past behind us.

What say you my friend?

wildcard
1st May 2010, 08:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIOXQp-YGpQ&feature=related

wildcard
1st May 2010, 08:54 PM
Clarity is a very good thing. I hope you've endeared yourself of the reality of such, without further B.S.

Through many of the posts that Book, yourself and I have posted in, there is far more common ground, than disagreeable mundane points.

Let's move forth, and but the past behind us.

What say you my friend?

You guys are cracking me up. A couple are here trying to bait me, like I'm some total out of control wacko who just can't wait to start a slavering rant calling people names and cursing like a sailor.

I said what I wanted to say to you and about you LG. I'm not in your thread making waves or trolling. And yet you guys are asking me to be civil and peaceful.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/Dolvio/irony.jpg

You can invoke Book's name as much as you like. You ain't Book.

1970 Silver Art
2nd May 2010, 03:23 AM

Thanks for being honest OJW. Who is BLACK if I'm not mistaken. What do I tell you about firearms OJW? Don't I tell you to get one/some asap and begin training to protect yourself?

*THE SAME THING I TOLD MERLIN BEFORE HE RODE IN ON HIS HIGH HORSE.

**and I don't give a rat's ass if you like me or not, don't click my threads, put me on ignore, see if I care. (not directed at you OJW)

You are correct. I am a black male. You (and others here and on GIM1) told me about firearms and about getting one. I agree with getting a firearm BTW and I plan to get one eventually but I am going to take a handgun training course at some point to get more familiar with them.

We will have different view points on the race issue or other "sensitive" issues but that is fine with me. Some people will like what I say and some people will not like what I say and how I say it but I try my very best to stay civil to other posters that I might disagree with. Being civil is the best way to go IMO. I will admit that I am not always civil on a forum. My f-bomb rant on the Censored Deuce is a good example of that and it also shows that I am indeed human and I do get upset and frustrated just like everybody else.

When you have a free-speech oriented forum such as GSUS, there will be many viewpoints that will clash with each other. That will always happen but it is how the posters and the mods handle it that will make a forum shine IMO. BTW I like how GSUS is moderated (i.e very light moderation) and I am happy to be on GSUS.

People here can choose which threads they want to read and post on. If people do not like a thread, then they do not have to continue reading it and can pick another thread that they have an interest in reading and posting on.

1970 Silver Art
2nd May 2010, 03:35 AM

I could be wrong here but I think that he brought up my race to just show that we can get along despite the fact that we will have totally different view points on the race issue (and maybe other issues).

Neuro
2nd May 2010, 05:36 AM
Welcome back wildcard and congratulations to your new Rhodium status. Now behave so that you don't get banned again!

StackerKen
2nd May 2010, 08:45 AM

I could be wrong here but I think that he brought up my race to just show that we can get along despite the fact that we will have totally different view points on the race issue (and maybe other issues).

Right on Joesy

Yer a good guy...I respect you.