PDA

View Full Version : America's Toughest Sheriff Will Not Run For Governor of Arizona

Olmstein
2nd May 2010, 12:47 AM
Revealed here first worldwide by Olmstein.

According to the local media, Sheriff Joe Arpiao hasn't made up his mind about running for Governor of Arizona. He is supposedly undecided and is going to announce his decision on Monday.

Well, your intrepid reporter, Olmstein (me), just got some inside info from a staff member of another prominent local politician. I was told that Sheriff Joe is going to run. My source was 100% certain about this, and only slightly inebriated.

His qualifications: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio)

Arpaio's practices have been criticized by organizations such as Amnesty International,[62] the American Civil Liberties Union, the Arizona Ecumenical Council, the American Jewish Committee,[86] and the Arizona chapter of the Anti-Defamation League.[87] The editorial board of The New York Times called Arpaio "America's Worst Sheriff"

wildcard
2nd May 2010, 12:54 AM
No way he'll give up all that power. He'd be out of his league as governor. They'd set him up in a scandal and he'd be by the curbside with the trash bin. Nope, he'll probably remain sheriff til they pry his cold dead ass out of the chair at the sheriff's office.

*if he does run he's been bamboozled.

Olmstein
2nd May 2010, 12:57 AM
No way he'll give up all that power. He'd be out of his league as governor. They'd set him up in a scandal and he'd be by the curbside with the trash bin. Nope, he'll probably remain sheriff til they pry his cold dead ass out of the chair at the sheriff's office.

*if he does run he's been bamboozled.

That's what I thought too, but my source seemed credible and convinced.

wildcard
2nd May 2010, 01:01 AM
Perhaps some friends to illegal immigrants thought they'd puff up his head and give him some cash and get him to run? That will get him out of office and after they smear him he will never win sheriff again.

Olmstein
2nd May 2010, 01:03 AM
Maybe he's just losin' it. He is 77 years old, after all.

wildcard
2nd May 2010, 01:04 AM
What about the current governor Jan Brewer? Is her term up? 1 or 2 term only thing?

*I see now she took over for Janet Napolitano.

Brewer is running for re-election for a full term in the Arizona gubernatorial election, 2010. If she does win a full term, she will have to leave office in 2015; the Arizona Constitution limits members of the executive branch to two consecutive terms, with partial terms counting toward the term limit.

Olmstein
2nd May 2010, 01:06 AM
Brewer can run again, she became gov when Napolitano got kicked upstairs to Homeland Security by President Obama.

Governor Brewer is an idiot, and is pushing for raising taxes, something the rank and file of the republican party doesn't easily forgive.

Grand Master Melon
2nd May 2010, 01:10 AM
Brewer is a hag and a hack. I don't see her winning an election as governor.

Joe will not run for governor, he's just doing more of his publicity whore stuff.

This is going to be an interesting election though.

Olmstein
3rd May 2010, 08:32 PM
OK, I'm man enough to admit when I am wrong. Sheriff Joe is not running for governor.

I gotta stop listening to the drunks in my cab.

willie pete
3rd May 2010, 08:37 PM
Yea taking his age in to account, and too, he's probably safer where he is..

Apparition
3rd May 2010, 09:56 PM
Joe could've lost the election anyway.

I'm relieved that he didn't win because someone needs to pursue the illegals in Maricopa County.

Grand Master Melon
3rd May 2010, 11:13 PM
Joe could've lost the election anyway.

I'm relieved that he didn't win because someone needs to pursue the illegals in Maricopa County.

He would've lost the election.

If memory serves me right this isn't the first time he's pulled this crap either.

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 11:19 PM
I think it's well known the man never met a camera or a microphone that he didn't love.

Grand Master Melon
3rd May 2010, 11:22 PM
I think it's well known the man never met a camera or a microphone that he didn't love.

Well known in AZ for sure but others who are new to Joe or not from AZ often don't know that.