PDA

View Full Version : GOLD anyone?

oldmansmith
3rd May 2010, 06:58 AM
Did anybody notice that gold is at $1,186 and rising? Not that anybody here actually owns any.

MNeagle
3rd May 2010, 07:07 AM
Nobody wants to jinx it?

Celtic Rogue
3rd May 2010, 07:07 AM
shhhhh!!! what ya trying to do??? ;D ;D ;D

Ifyouseekay
3rd May 2010, 07:18 AM
-

DMac
3rd May 2010, 07:22 AM
Peter Schiff: http://www.kitco.com/Exclusive-News/

Dow, gold 1:1.

DOW 5000 - $5000

DOW 7000 - $7000

1 to 1 coming... :D

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 07:23 AM
Just as Large Sarge tells me the New Madrid fault is about to go off when this oil thing puckers up. Time to bug out!

big country
3rd May 2010, 07:27 AM
I'll openly admit that I own an ounce and a half, not including any jewelery I might dig up which would be minimal. 1oz Eagle and 5 1/10oz phils. I haven't watched the price of gold since I bought it, I bought it around $900/oz. I could care less what happens with the price, I have it for wealth preservation to weather through a currency collapse. It is basically my wealth insurance for my family so we can make it through any time like that and have something on the other side.

I don't really care what the price does in the interim. I don't care if it is $500 or $5000. I have no upper limit when I'll stop buying and I have no lower limit where I'll sacrafice things to buy it. I buy it when its in the budget and plan no matter the price in FRNs.

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 07:29 AM
I'm not sure if oldmansmith was trying to snub us poor folks or just recalling the boating accident that took all our wealth. :dunno

Shami-Amourae
3rd May 2010, 07:35 AM
It's been progressively going up for years. The only question I have is why it isn't 5x higher?

uranian
3rd May 2010, 08:41 AM
record highs on an almost daily basis lately in € and £, too.

Horn
3rd May 2010, 08:54 AM
Silver is the comeback & hold story of the century.

1970 Silver Art
3rd May 2010, 02:45 PM
http://www.spacetoday.org/images/Rockets/ArianeRockets/Ariane5LaunchArianespace.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ready.......Aim........FIRE!!!!!!!!...............

Rocket Destroyed. Mission accomplished. ;D

Sparky
3rd May 2010, 10:02 PM
Quietly on track to test the record high, where I expect it to fail. (Wish I still had that thread from GIM1.) Going into summer, this is not the time of year to be thinking about gold make a big upward movement.

willie pete
3rd May 2010, 10:08 PM
Quietly on track to test the record high, where I expect it to fail. (Wish I still had that thread from GIM1.) Going into summer, this is not the time of year to be thinking about gold make a big upward movement.

What are thinking? it's gonna go south hard?

Low_five
3rd May 2010, 10:36 PM
sell in may and go away

StackerKen
3rd May 2010, 11:20 PM
looks like the rocket jinxed it...down in Asia now

old steel
3rd May 2010, 11:32 PM
"While the boy slept he began to go methodically through the stores. Clothes sweaters, socks. A stainless steel basin and sponges and bars of soap. Toothpaste
and toothbrushes. In the bottom of a big plastic jar of bolts and screws and
miscellaneous hardware he found a double handful of gold krugerrands in a cloth
sack. He dumped them out and kneaded them in his hand and looked at them and
then scooped them back into the jar along with the hardware and put the jar back on
the shelf.
He sorted through everything, shifting boxes and crates from one side of the room
to the other. There was a small steel door that led into a second room where bottles
of gas were stored. In the corner a chemical toilet. There were vent pipes in the walls
covered with wire mesh and there were drains in the floor. It was getting warm in the
bunker and he'd taken off his coat. He went through everything. He found a box of
.45 ACP cartridges and three boxes of .30-30 rifle shells. What he didnt find was a
gun. He took the battery lantern and walked over the floor and he checked the walls
for any hidden compartment. After a while he just sat on the bunk eating a bar of
chocolate. There was no gun and there wasnt going to be one."

The Road

Cormack McCarthy

jedemdasseine
4th May 2010, 02:28 AM
"While the boy slept he began to go methodically through the stores. Clothes sweaters, socks. A stainless steel basin and sponges and bars of soap. Toothpaste
and toothbrushes. In the bottom of a big plastic jar of bolts and screws and
miscellaneous hardware he found a double handful of gold krugerrands in a cloth
sack. He dumped them out and kneaded them in his hand and looked at them and
then scooped them back into the jar along with the hardware and put the jar back on
the shelf.
He sorted through everything, shifting boxes and crates from one side of the room
to the other. There was a small steel door that led into a second room where bottles
of gas were stored. In the corner a chemical toilet. There were vent pipes in the walls
covered with wire mesh and there were drains in the floor. It was getting warm in the
bunker and he'd taken off his coat. He went through everything. He found a box of
.45 ACP cartridges and three boxes of .30-30 rifle shells. What he didnt find was a
gun. He took the battery lantern and walked over the floor and he checked the walls
for any hidden compartment. After a while he just sat on the bunk eating a bar of
chocolate. There was no gun and there wasnt going to be one."

The Road

Cormack McCarthy

Good book. One of the few modern works of lit I like. Takes some getting used to the writing style, but worth the read.

And in terms of gold, uh....make sure you have food, water, and preps first.

YoY, gold's up and still following the long-term French Curve. The price is set at the margins, even on paper, and the miners are usually at the margins.

oldmansmith
4th May 2010, 03:28 AM

Not so sure that it fails, we'll see. If it breaks the high then it's blue sky and rhino horns. I never sell in May anyway and will sure not be selling this year.

oldmansmith
6th May 2010, 11:17 AM
Isn't this a gold site? Gold pushing $1,200 and not a peep.

wildcard
6th May 2010, 11:19 AM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?board=3.0

k-os
6th May 2010, 11:20 AM
Trying not to jinx it?

DMac
6th May 2010, 11:21 AM

Been too busy building and buying more rocket parts and fuel!

Today has been a very good day for DMac :D

wildcard
6th May 2010, 11:22 AM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?topic=4113.0

oldmansmith
6th May 2010, 11:24 AM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?board=3.0

Thanks, I guess it isn't big enough news for this section, sheesh. I guess i'm glad I bought another measley 1/2 ounce yesterday.

wildcard
6th May 2010, 11:25 AM
There's only a handful of people viewing the forum right now. You could drop the condescension and start your own topic.

Awoke
6th May 2010, 11:54 AM
It broke $1200 just a while ago.

;D

willie pete
6th May 2010, 12:05 PM
nearing record highs?

Sure looks like it, I'm wondering how stable the $1200 barrier will be? It's a good time to be in Gold.. ;D

Ifyouseekay
6th May 2010, 12:05 PM
$1201.40

StackerKen
6th May 2010, 12:07 PM
whats the record high? 1220?

platinumdude
6th May 2010, 12:10 PM
I'm selling now.

Awoke
6th May 2010, 12:12 PM
Good time to convert to Silver, with it being below $18 and gold hitting $1200.

Horn
6th May 2010, 12:14 PM
Is Canada selling?

Apocalypto
6th May 2010, 12:22 PM
Is Canada selling?

I doubt it. Probably buying.

StackerKen
6th May 2010, 12:30 PM
im holding...

This is fun to watch though :)

wildcard
6th May 2010, 12:37 PM
If you think we dropped the ball you should take a look at that other site. ROFL. Where's the snoozing smiley. :laugh

1970 Silver Art
6th May 2010, 12:41 PM

Yeah actually when I last looked it was a forum for Gold, Silver and Liberty. ;D

The Yellow Metal Barbarian is running and the DOG is lagging (still taking a crap?). I guess I should not be surprised since silver is a DOG anyway.

oldmansmith
6th May 2010, 01:36 PM
Where is Sparky, originator of the "Fondle Index?" Earlier today the DOW was down HUGE and gold up big. I'll bet the FI hit an all time high. I'm gonna pull out a worn $20 double eagle and fondle it, glad I dont own any stocks!

Neuro
6th May 2010, 04:13 PM
I am thinking about converting some gold to Euro's Palladium or silver at these prices...

Awoke
7th May 2010, 06:49 AM
Gold has crossed the $1200 mark again this morning.

JohnQPublic
7th May 2010, 10:44 AM
The Yellow Metal Barbarian is running and the DOG is lagging (still taking a crap?). I guess I should not be surprised since silver is a DOG anyway.

Well the DOG just jumped the fence again.

1970 Silver Art
7th May 2010, 12:47 PM

Well the DOG just jumped the fence again.

Hip hip hooray for the DOG. :banrasta This just shows that you cannot keep a good DOG down for very long.

oldmansmith
7th May 2010, 01:33 PM
$1,208 and the DOW down again today. Bullish as hell.

Sparky
7th May 2010, 09:30 PM
Where is Sparky, originator of the "Fondle Index?" Earlier today the DOW was down HUGE and gold up big. I'll bet the FI hit an all time high. I'm gonna pull out a worn $20 double eagle and fondle it, glad I dont own any stocks!

Fondle Index for Thursday:
S&P down 37.73
Gold up $34.40

Fondle Index = 72.13

Very impressive. But I think we've been over 100. (Need to find the Fondle Index thread from the GIM1 archive.)

oldmansmith
8th May 2010, 05:07 AM
Thanks Sparky, love the fondle index. I guess i was thinking that the intraday FI was at an all-time high, not at the close.

Sparky
19th May 2010, 09:13 PM

It almost had me fooled at $1250, but this is setting up as the expected failure. We could see a short bounce back up to $1220, but I think we're headed below $1100 this summer. That would be a totally healthy correction, and the next good buying opportunity.

Steal
20th May 2010, 03:05 AM
Right at $1,186, where this thread started. Did hit the $1,250 though.

Gknowmx
20th May 2010, 04:15 AM

It almost had me fooled at $1250, but this is setting up as the expected failure. We could see a short bounce back up to $1220, but I think we're headed below $1100 this summer. That would be a totally healthy correction, and the next good buying opportunity.

I like your thinking. I hope you are right.