PDA

View Full Version : its an oil volcano, not an oil well (WOW)

Large Sarge
3rd May 2010, 07:10 AM
and this from the Alaskan Citizen Militia and their commander Norman Olson-a 22 year Air Force Officer-retired:

"THIS IS NOT AN OIL SPILL. THIS IS AN OIL VOLCANO"...

There is an huge bubbling torrent of superheated oil erupting from the
gaping hole remaining after sabotage destroyed the pumping rig, 1 mile
of pipe line to the bottom of the canyon, and the check valves able to
control the flow. The exploratory bore hole, approx 24" in diameter pierced the rock
5,000 feet below the surface, to reach a vast and immeasurable dome of
oil under great pressure beneath the floor of the Gulf.

The hole, now enlarged by the past ten days of scouring, is calulated
to become much larger, as long as the great pressure on the dome, by
the weight of the water in the gulf continues. Essentially, the pressure will
not subside until the hole in the oil dome is patched. Such a patch job
has never been attempted. Nor can anything be built large enough or
fast enough to deliver and install it in time enough to even hope to slow the flow.

It is thought also that near simultaneous explosions both at the well head,
the great check valves, and the pumping station on the rig, were calculated
to blow a crater at the well head. That crater itself is growing larger as
the oil flow continues to increase along with the diameter of the drill hole.

Geologic dynamics include what is called the "Rebound Theory" which
means that the earth will rebound after it has been bent and broken, such as
in the case of an earthquake. After the slip or upheaval, the earth will
return to it's former topography. If this were the case in the Gulf, the
oil will empty from the dome until the weight of the water equalizes the pressure.
When this happens, the earth dome will begin to rise once again, causing a
vacuum in the now empty dome. This vacuum will draw water down into
the dome where it will be superheated. A huge explosion MAY occur, larger
than any thing we've ever seen before, possibly setting off a string of earthquakes,
including a collosal one along the New Madrid fault running from Chicago to
New Orleans. Think of what happens when a tennis ball with a small hole bored
in it is pushed below the water. Now squeeze the ball. Air will bubble up as
long as the pressure remains on the ball to force the air through the hole. Now enlarge
the hole and increase the pressure. Soon the inside pressure and the outside
water equalize, but you still have to deal with the rubber chararacteristic of the
ball. The ball will attempt to rebound to it's former shape, when that happens,
a vacuum begins to pull water into the ball through the hole. The larger the
hole the faster this happens. But what if the center of our "tennis ball" is
10 times the boiling point of water 10,000 feet below sea level. What would
happen?

The timing of the sabotage was critical. BP estimates say that the hole
cannot be patched for up to 3 months. If unchecked, the dome could release
nearly 100 million barrels of oil into the gulf. The economy of all Gulf states
would be wiped out. The destruction of the rig coincided with the onset
of hurricane season. By the end of July as the near peak of the hurricane
season approaches, there will be a crust of oil many thousands of square miles
in size, nearly 3 inches thick float along the coast when the first of the great
hurricanes hit.

There is no way to stop the bore hole's enlarging every day.

Later this year, unusual plant life will begin to grow along the coasts where
oil has been washed and blown ashore. Dryland oil drillers do not freely
talk about the plant seeds and other material that gushes from oil wells since
any exotic or rare plant life would result in shutting down the operation by
federal endangered species agency order. Once spore reach the warm
climate of a Gulf Coast summer, they will sprout and bloom.

The question will forever remain, who sabatoged the BP operation?
Someone picked the best possible location at the best possible season
and with the best possible destruction anyone could possibly imagine.

High ranking officials at BP face one of two possible scenarios. Either
they announce that the destruction was sabotage and escape some of the
financial devastation due to lawsuits, or they remain silent and end up
totally broke. I suspect that we will begin hearing about terrorist sabotage
within just a couple weeks.

Hundreds of platforms. Dozens of companies, Hundreds of subcontractors.
Skilled laborers and technician teams coming and going. People from all
different middle eastern counties working on rigs. These repair and operation
team members are not given extensive security checks. They work for
the lowest bidding contractor. Background investigations cost money and
to win the bid, expenses are shaved.

Only a very brilliant mind could have chosen a act of sabotage so devastating.

Norm Olson, Commander
ACM

MNeagle
3rd May 2010, 07:13 AM
link please?

Large Sarge
3rd May 2010, 07:15 AM
link please?

E-mail list I belong to.

sorry, no link

MNeagle
3rd May 2010, 07:17 AM
O.K. Thanks for bringing it here.

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks LS. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Cebu_4_2
3rd May 2010, 07:32 AM
underwater video of said crater please.

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 07:33 AM
That submersible is gonna need some Oil-X on the windshield.

Horn
3rd May 2010, 07:52 AM
I'm a little confused.

A volcano would suggest something natural, yet sabotage is included? Or someone sabotage by informing it was safe to drill there?

BP's containment problem is unprecedented

The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico presents BP Exploration and Production with a problem of unprecedented severity — a limitless gush in very deep waters — forcing the London-based company to grasp for fixes that have never been tried before.

The problem with the April 20 spill is that it isn't really a spill: It‘s a gush, like an underwater oil volcano. A hot column of oil and gas is spurting into freezing, black waters nearly a mile down, where the pressure nears a ton per inch, impossible for divers to endure. Experts call it a continuous, round-the-clock calamity, unlike a leaking tanker, which might empty in hours or days.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/apr/30/nation/la-na-fix-20100501

Oil Spill: It’s All About Oil Volcano, Dead Turtles & Fishing Ban

LOUISIANA: The underground volcano of oil may last for at least another week, says published reports, as President Barack Obama said in on Sunday, “BP will be paying the bill.”

Countless livelihoods are said to be in limbo while there are speculations the oil price may return to $100. In the backdrop of such a sad scenario, Congressman Gene Taylor’s observation that, ‘It’s not as bad as I thought’ appears not only surrealistic but obnoxiously out-of-line. Almost delusional, said one concerned citizen.

Environmental observers and disaster analysts say we should be expecting another week of oil pouring from the seafloor – in the best-case scenario for the Gulf Coast. Worst could be we don’t know yet.

Dead sea turtles have washed ashore and a massive rust-colored slick continued to swell from an uncontrolled gusher spewing into the Gulf of Mexico waters. At least 20 sea turtles washed up dead on Mississippi shore, latest report said.

http://despardes.com/?p=16072

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 07:54 AM
I think he's saying they put a hole in a dome of very hot and highly pressurized oil and it's gushing out like a volcano spewing lava.

*obviously a much higher pressure than they anticipated and can deal with. It seems to have blown through all the safeties.

crazychicken
3rd May 2010, 07:56 AM
and this from the Alaskan Citizen Militia and their commander Norman Olson-a 22 year Air Force Officer-retired:

"THIS IS NOT AN OIL SPILL. THIS IS AN OIL VOLCANO"...

snip/snip

Only a very brilliant mind could have chosen a act of sabotage so devastating.

Norm Olson, Commander
ACM

Thanks for posting this!

Interesting concept!

Would the term "GOD HELP US ALL" be appropriate?

CC

Horn
3rd May 2010, 07:57 AM
I think he's saying they put a hole in a dome of very hot and highly pressurized oil and it's gushing out like a volcano spewing lava.

*obviously a much higher pressure than they anticipated and can deal with. It seems to have blown through all the safeties.

Right like an oil blister.. so BP or those that informed it was safe to drill were the saboteurs?

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 08:00 AM
If by sabotage you mean greed pushed them to doing something incredibly stupid, then yes, BP are the saboteurs imo. These people should be shot on live TV for the world to see.

*if it turns out it was the mossad or nk or even the chinese, we should nuke them off the face of the planet.

**if it was the mossad, we'd better hit manhattan too, just to be safe.

oldmansmith
3rd May 2010, 08:02 AM
And the MSM isn't saying that this is a huge deal, but they freak out more over Michael Jackson dying.

Spectrism
3rd May 2010, 08:03 AM
The guy claims it was sabotage. Evidence? Why could it not be a massive burp that broke through the valves? There is no well head made by man to contain something as powerful as a volcano. We are talking energy levels of a volcano if what he says is true- hot oil under pressure.

So.... it sounds like an ocean of oil. It sounds like there is no way dinosaurs made this oil. Peak oil? BS. Why were they (BP) in the process of closing up this well? If it is such an enormous producer, why was it being moth-balled?

The whole game is rigged and now they destroyed the Gulf of Mexico- and it will spread eastward. Doom.

I am me, I am free
3rd May 2010, 08:04 AM
Norm Olsen, career USAF officer and long time 'militia leader', renders *expert* opinion on geology. lol

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 08:05 AM
Maybe he works in oil in Alaska now?

I am me, I am free
3rd May 2010, 08:07 AM
Maybe he works in oil in Alaska now?

Sure, so how many years of working directly in geology does he have now? What exactly is it that makes an an *expert* on geology???

Large Sarge
3rd May 2010, 08:07 AM
have to wait and see

its going to be a mess.

hard to imagine the whole gulf polluted, 3 inch oil slick

but there is a lot of oil out there, contrary to the peak oil folks

oldmansmith
3rd May 2010, 08:08 AM
The guy claims it was sabotage. Evidence? Why could it not be a massive burp that broke through the valves? There is no well head made by man to contain something as powerful as a volcano. We are talking energy levels of a volcano if what he says is true- hot oil under pressure.

So.... it sounds like an ocean of oil. It sounds like there is no way dinosaurs made this oil. Peak oil? BS. Why were they (BP) in the process of closing up this well? If it is such an enormous producer, why was it being moth-balled?

The whole game is rigged and now they destroyed the Gulf of Mexico- and it will spread eastward. Doom.

All good questions. I'm not convinced that it was sabotage. I AM convinced we'd better prepare for 'peak oil" whether real or not because TPTB are going to make it real. I think the MSM is downplaying this because it is going to KILL the economy.

Large Sarge
3rd May 2010, 08:13 AM
I posted this in the science section

Ozone cleans up oil slicks

Ozone is harmless (or beneficial) to plants/animals.

completely different than dumping chemicals on the oil to disperse it.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?topic=3733.0

have to be some really big ozone generators, but this is not "high tech" or expensive.

I guess you could put some monster generators on a barge, let it float around and start cleaning it up as it goes.

a few million dollars would buy a whole lot of ozone equipment

I am me, I am free
3rd May 2010, 08:14 AM
have to wait and see

its going to be a mess.

hard to imagine the whole gulf polluted, 3 inch oil slick

but there is a lot of oil out there, contrary to the peak oil folks

We know it's a mess and there's no abatement in sight - the NOAA report on 28 Apr suggested that the spew could become as much as 50,000 BARRELS a day. We don't need wild ass speculation from the likes of Numbnuts Norm Olsen.

I'd call it 'The Mother of All Man-Made Disasters' except that imo WWII is a frontrunner for that title, at least so far, this one certainly has the potential to displace even WWII.

I am me, I am free
3rd May 2010, 08:18 AM
I posted this in the science section

Ozone cleans up oil slicks

Ozone is harmless (or beneficial) to plants/animals.

completely different than dumping chemicals on the oil to disperse it.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?topic=3733.0

have to be some really big ozone generators, but this is not "high tech" or expensive.

I guess you could put some monster generators on a barge, let it float around and start cleaning it up as it goes.

a few million dollars would buy a whole lot of ozone equipment

LS, I think you may be unclear on the concept. This is a 'serious crisis' and you can never let a serious crisis go to waste. There's no advantage to the solution you propose, at least for those with access to the sort of resources it would take to do something like that (not to mention having the 'authority' to do it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeA_kHHLow

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 08:18 AM
God hates New Orleans. But at least the Saints won right.

DMac
3rd May 2010, 08:50 AM
... :boom

cigarlover
3rd May 2010, 09:15 AM
There is absolutely no evidence that any of what this guy says is true. In fact the photos taken by the ROV are exactly the opposite. For those not keeping up with the real info, looks like they have a concrete structure they will try and cap the well with in about a week or so. Actually cap is the wrong word really. It will be placed over the well head and then the oil and gas pumped up into a barge. They dont know if this will work but if it does it will provide relief until another rig is brought in to drill a relief well.

7th trump
3rd May 2010, 09:21 AM
I thought I read they want to catch the oil on fire to rid as much oil as possible on the surface of the water.
OK imagine if you will, the story is true that the well hole is getting bigger and bigger. Why would anyone light the oil slick that could get thick and as big as texas on fire?

Just my two cents

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 09:24 AM
Because after a few days in the salt water it won't burn.

Horn
3rd May 2010, 09:34 AM
Looks like they found more of these off the coast of California on April 26.

Huge Asphalt/(Oil) Volcanoes Discovered Off California

Strange undersea domes spotted off the California coast are extinct "asphalt volcanoes" made from a mixture of hardened crude oil and marine fossils, according to a new study.

First discovered in 2007, the seven mounds sit about 700 feet (213 meters) beneath the ocean, roughly 10 miles (16 kilometers) offshore from Santa Barbara (see map).

Recent explorations using a submarine robot named Alvin have revealed that the largest dome is about as wide as two football fields laid side by side and is as tall as a six-story building. (Related: "Iceland Volcano Creates 27-Story 'Mountain.'")

The domes are made mostly of petroleum, or crude oil—essentially the same stuff used to pave highways and parking lots and the raw material for gasoline.

"If I could convert all the asphalt in the largest volcano to gasoline, it would be enough to fuel my Honda Civic for about half a billion miles," said lead study author David Valentine, an earth scientist at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

But there's little point in harvesting the asphalt mounds for fuel, he added, as "the quality of the material is very poor. ... It's not worth something like light sweet crude."

Analysis of samples taken from the mounds suggests they required several decades or even centuries to build up to their current size, and that the undersea volcanoes last erupted about 35,000 years ago.

"To me, as an oil-spill chemist, this was very exciting," study co-author Christopher Reddy, director of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Massachusetts, said in a statement. "I got to find out what oil looks like after ... 35,000 years."

More at link

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100426-asphalt-volcanoes-domes-california-underwater/

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 09:35 AM
link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100503/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill;_ylt=A0wNdOxJ.t5LTi0ASiKs0NUE;_y lu=X3oDMTNoOXNqYzJoBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNTAzL3VzX2d 1bGZfb2lsX3NwaWxsBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDM gRwb3MDNwRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQR zbGsDYnBzYXlzaXR3aWxs)

BP says it will pay for Gulf spill's cleanup

By HOLBROOK MOHR and ALLEN G. BREED, Associated Press Writers Holbrook Mohr And Allen G. Breed, Associated Press Writers – 4 mins ago

VENICE, La. – BP PLC said Monday that it will pay for all the cleanup costs from a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico that could continue spewing crude for at least another week.

A fact sheet on the company website says BP takes responsibility for the response to the spill after the offshore drilling rig explosion and will pay compensation for "legitimate and objectively verifiable" claims for property damage, personal injury and commercial losses. President Barack Obama and several attorneys general have asked the company to explain what that means.

"We are responsible, not for the accident, but we are responsible for the oil and for dealing with it and cleaning the situation up," chief executive Tony Hayward said Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America." He said the equipment that failed and led to the spill belonged to owner Transocean Ltd., not BP, which operated the rig, the Deepwater Horizon.

Guy Cantwell, a Transocean spokesman, responded by reading a statement without elaborating.

"We will await all the facts before drawing conclusions and we will not speculate," he said.

A board investigating the explosion and oil leak plans to hold its first public hearing in roughly two weeks. The cause of the April 20 explosion, which killed 11 workers, has not been determined.

Coast Guard Capt. David Fish, chief of the Washington-based Office of Investigations and Analysis, said the six-member board — three from the Coast Guard and three from the U.S. Minerals and Management Service — will likely meet in the New Orleans area and take testimony from experts and workers who survived the disaster.

"We want to get it public because that's just what our rules are and while everything is fresh in everyone's mind, particularly with the witnesses," he said.

Meanwhile, Hayward said chemical dispersants seem to be having a significant impact keeping oil from flowing to the surface, though he did not elaborate.

The update on the dispersants came as BP was preparing a system never tried to siphon away the geyser of crude from a blown-out well a mile underwater. However, it will take at least another six to eight days before crews can lower 74-ton, concrete-and-metal boxes being built to capture the oil and siphon it to a barge waiting at the surface.

That could spill at least another million gallons into the Gulf, on top of the roughly 2.6 million or more that has spilled since the April 20 blast. Those numbers are based on the Coast Guard's estimates that 200,000 gallons a day are spilling out, though officials have cautioned it's impossible to know exactly how much is leaking.

By comparison, the tanker Exxon Valdez spilled 11 million gallons off the Alaska coast in 1989.

Officials also were trying to cap one of the three leaks to make it easier to place the first box on the sea floor.

Crews continued to lay boom in what increasingly feels like a futile effort to keep the spill from reaching the shore, though choppy seas have made that difficult and rendered much of the oil-corraling gear useless.

In Pensacola, Florida Gov. Charlie Crist characterized the spill as "sort of an underground volcano of oil." He said Monday that BP was responsible for the cleanup and added "we'll be more than happy to send them the bill."

Dana Powell, manager of the Paradise Inn in Pensacola Beach, said she was already getting numerous phone calls from worried tourists because of the spill and said the disaster was far worse than when a hurricane blows in.

"Now when there's a hurricane, we know it's going to level things, devastate things, be a huge mess and it's going to take several years to clean up," she said. "But this? It's going to kill the wildlife, it's going to kill lifestyles — the shrimpers, the fishermen, tourism. Who's going to come to an oil-covered beach?"

Fishermen from the mouth of the Mississippi River to the Florida Panhandle got the news that more than 6,800 square miles of federal fishing areas were closed, fracturing their livelihood for at least 10 days and likely more just as the prime spring season was kicking in. The slick also was precariously close to a key shipping lane that feeds goods and materials to the interior of the U.S. by the Mississippi River.

Even if the well is shut off in a week, fishermen and wildlife officials wonder how long it will take for the Gulf to recover. Some compare it to Hurricane Katrina, which Louisiana is still recovering from after nearly five years.

"My kids will be talking about the effect of this when they're my age," said 41-year-old Venice charter boat captain Bob Kenney.

Everything engineers have tried so far has failed to stop the leak. After the explosion, the flow of oil should have been stopped by a blowout preventer, but the mechanism failed. Efforts to remotely activate it have proven fruitless.

The oil could keep gushing for months until a second well can be dug to relieve pressure from the first.

Besides the immediate impact on Gulf industries, shipping along the Mississippi River could soon be limited. Ships carrying food, oil, rubber and much more come through the Southwest Pass to enter the vital waterway.

Shipment delays — either because oil-splattered ships need to be cleaned off at sea before docking or because water lanes are shut down for a time — would raise the cost of transporting those goods.

"We saw that during Hurricane Katrina for a period of time — we saw some prices go up for food and other goods because they couldn't move some fruit down the shipping channels and it got spoiled," PFGBest analyst Phil Flynn said.

The Port of New Orleans said projections suggest the pass will be clear through Tuesday.

Obama toured the region Sunday, deflecting criticism that his administration was too slow to respond and did too little to stave off the catastrophe.

A piece of plywood along a Louisiana highway had these words painted on it: "OBAMA SEND HELP!!!!"

The containment boxes being built were not part of BP's original response plan. The approach has been used previously only for spills in relatively shallow water. Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said engineers are still examining whether the valves and other systems that feed oil to a ship on the surface can withstand the extra pressures of the deep.

BP was trying to cap the smallest of three leaks with underwater robots in the hope it will make it easier to place a single oil-siphoning container over the wreck. One of the robots cut the damaged end off a pipe at the smallest leak Sunday and officials were hoping to cap it with a sleeve and valve, Coast Guard spokesman Brandon Blackwell said Monday. He did not know how much oil was coming from that leak.

"We see this as an opportunity to simplify the seafloor mission a little bit, so we're working this aggressively," BP spokesman Steve Rinehart said.

BP has not said how much oil is beneath the seabed the Deepwater Horizon rig was tapping when it exploded. A company official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the volume of reserves, confirmed reports that it was tens of millions of barrels. Bob Fryar, senior vice president for BP in Angola, said any numbers being thrown out are just estimates at best.

Peter Young has worked nearly 18 years as a fishing guide and said he's afraid his way of life may be slipping away. The government has overreacted by shutting down vital fishing areas in the marshes, he said.

Until he sees oil himself, Young will keep fishing the closed areas.

"They can take me to jail," he said. "This is our livelihood. I'm not going to take customers into oil, but until I see it, I can't sit home and not work."

JJ.G0ldD0t
3rd May 2010, 09:52 AM
... :boom
Black Swan

agreed

wildcard
3rd May 2010, 09:58 AM
Ringo Starr offers help. ;D

http://www.presstv.ir/photo/20100503/dastmalchi20100503155222513.jpg

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=125303&sectionid=3510203

Iran offers to help contain US oil spill

The National Iranian Drilling Company (NIDC) has offered to assist the US in efforts to prevent an ecological disaster caused by the spreading oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Following an explosion on a BP-operated oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico last month, at least 210,000 gallons (5,000 barrels) of crude oil are thought to be spilling into the water every day.

NIDC managing director Heidar Bahmani announced the firm's readiness to use its decades-long expertise to fight the oil slick, the company's public relations office told Press TV.

"Our oil industry experts in the field of drilling can contain the rig leakage in the Gulf of Mexico and prevent an ecological disaster in that part of the world," Bahmani said.

Overlooking the new US drive for slapping more UN sanctions on Iran over its civilian nuclear program, the company said that there is an urgent need for action to protect the nearby coasts from the advancing oil spill.

The governors of Alabama, Louisiana and Florida have reportedly called a state of emergency for fear of the oil slick's environmental and economic damages.

The disaster has also prompted the White House to ban oil drillings in new areas of the US coast until the British company explains the cause of the explosion that killed 11 employees and resulted in the oil spill.

TPTB
3rd May 2010, 10:18 AM

Lol... :D

This appears to one of those times wherein I actually prefer(choose to believe... whether it's delusional or not) the official MSM version of events taking place. :(

madfranks
3rd May 2010, 10:53 AM
Does anyone remember the Web Bots prediction last year where they said something along the lines of a cloud of death would spread around the globe? They interpreted it to mean like a virus or nuke fallout spreading around the globe, but.... what if.... what if this "death cloud" they predicted was actually a giant oil volcano that spills so much oil into the oceans that it begins to spread around the whole globe, a giant death cloud in the ocean if you will.

Just thinking out loud here...

Ares
3rd May 2010, 11:02 AM
MadFranks-

I do remember reading that prediction from the WebBots. Definitely interesting, what is also interesting is that the gulf has a huge gulf stream that runs in it carrying warm water out into the the atlantic

Horn
3rd May 2010, 11:07 AM
volcano that spills so much oil into the oceans that it begins to spread around the whole globe, a giant death cloud in the ocean if you will.

Just thinking out loud here...

From what I've been browsing around, all the articles also point to air quality being another major concern in the Gulf States.

I would imagine will all that oil skimming the gulf your gonna get some crude transfer to the air as well.

Olmstein
3rd May 2010, 11:22 AM
This vacuum will draw water down into the dome where it will be superheated.
A huge explosion MAY occur, larger than any thing we've ever seen before, possibly setting off a string of earthquakes, including a collosal one along the New Madrid fault running from Chicago to
New Orleans. Think of what happens when a tennis ball with a small hole bored
in it is pushed below the water. Now squeeze the ball. Air will bubble up as
long as the pressure remains on the ball to force the air through the hole. Now enlarge
the hole and increase the pressure. Soon the inside pressure and the outside
water equalize, but you still have to deal with the rubber chararacteristic of the
ball. The ball will attempt to rebound to it's former shape, when that happens,
a vacuum begins to pull water into the ball through the hole. The larger the
hole the faster this happens. But what if the center of our "tennis ball" is
10 times the boiling point of water 10,000 feet below sea level. What would
happen?

This part made my pooper pucker a little.

Scary shit. I hope this guy is wrong.

Cebu_4_2
3rd May 2010, 11:32 AM
This is rather HUGE is it not?

The National Iranian Drilling Company (NIDC) has offered to assist the US in efforts to prevent an ecological disaster caused by the spreading oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Following an explosion on a BP-operated oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico last month, at least 210,000 gallons (5,000 barrels) of crude oil are thought to be spilling into the water every day.

NIDC managing director Heidar Bahmani announced the firm's readiness to use its decades-long expertise to fight the oil slick, the company's public relations office told Press TV.

"Our oil industry experts in the field of drilling can contain the rig leakage in the Gulf of Mexico and prevent an ecological disaster in that part of the world," Bahmani said.

Overlooking the new US drive for slapping more UN sanctions on Iran over its civilian nuclear program, the company said that there is an urgent need for action to protect the nearby coasts from the advancing oil spill.

The governors of Alabama, Louisiana and Florida have reportedly called a state of emergency for fear of the oil slick's environmental and economic damages.

The disaster has also prompted the White House to ban oil drillings in new areas of the US coast until the British company explains the cause of the explosion that killed 11 employees and resulted in the oil spill.

TPTB
3rd May 2010, 12:02 PM
Placing a big concrete dome over the hole and sucking the escaping oil up into waiting tankers sounds reasonable to me... and makes more sense than stuffing a nuke in the hole.

Publico Pro Se
3rd May 2010, 12:06 PM
... possibly setting off a string of earthquakes, including a collosal one along the New Madrid fault running from Chicago to New Orleans.

The New Madrid fault line running from Chicago to New Orleans. That's news to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Madrid_Seismic_Zone

I am me, I am free
3rd May 2010, 12:52 PM
Making such an offer is a safe bet since it is HIGHLY unlikely that the USG would ever accept such an offer from the Iranians - and it makes for great PR to make the offer nonetheless.

http://www.presstv.ir/photo/20100503/dastmalchi20100503155222513.jpg

sirgonzo420
3rd May 2010, 01:31 PM
Making such an offer is a safe bet since it is HIGHLY unlikely that the USG would ever accept such an offer from the Iranians - and it makes for great PR to make the offer nonetheless.

Yep.

cigarlover
3rd May 2010, 01:40 PM
Yep, kinda like when Cuba and the US offer assistance to each other after hurricanes. I think theres a better chance of me getting married again before any of that ever happens.

Gypsybiker45
3rd May 2010, 06:09 PM
FWIW, I personally Knew Mr. Olsen here in MI about 20 yrs ago when he founded the Michigan Militia Wolverines. Norm is a smart fellow, and quite sincere in his beliefs, he was a Reverend of a church in Alanson ,MI at the time and was generally well liked. THEN came OK city and Norm blamed the Japanese.He said it was a response to a Sarin gas attack in Tokyo a few weeks prior ::), then 9/11 came about, and he claimed to know someone who foiled a plot to destroy the Mackinaw Bridge and saved the day ::), The Militia leadership asked Norm to step down after that and he moved to Alaska to form a new group. Norms a good guy, but a bit ....OFF. Anyone who has Geology experience or hears of any genuine science confirming this, great! but dont take Norm's analysis as proof.

BTW, Norm was never a officer in the USAF, he was a E-6 or E-7 Sergeant
His rank in the Militia was "Commander" or Lt. Colonel.