PDA

View Full Version : Silver is getting smacked down hard to today

StackerKen
4th May 2010, 09:24 AM
what the heck?

Korbin Dallas
4th May 2010, 09:33 AM
Crap, didn't hold up at 18. Buying opportunity ahead?

Chibioz
4th May 2010, 09:38 AM
Looks like Josey's submarine attack was a little too effective. :boohoo

willie pete
4th May 2010, 09:39 AM
Maybe a slippery slope this week

MoShaniqua
4th May 2010, 09:44 AM
Gold barely being touched.
But a whopping silver loss of 5% and counting.

Korbin Dallas
4th May 2010, 09:57 AM
Check out the palladium smackdown, more than 10%.

ximmy
4th May 2010, 10:29 AM
think of it more as a slingshot to a higher position... & get your bets in.

MNeagle
4th May 2010, 12:13 PM
Gold's kicked down $12 now.

bellevuebully
4th May 2010, 12:24 PM
Smell the fear. Deleveraging part deux. Greece, now Spain and Portugal. Pretty obvious imo, $up, stocks down hard, metal down.

DMac
4th May 2010, 12:29 PM
They are trying to keep the Euro from completely bottoming out as it is plummeting all day.

All time metal highs in Euro need to be contained. A stronger dollar is inevitable.

gunDriller
4th May 2010, 12:53 PM
silver is down a lot but gold is only down about 1%.

it holds up well when the stock markets freak out.

1970 Silver Art
4th May 2010, 03:04 PM
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!

That DOG got its a$$ beat today.

1970 Silver Art
4th May 2010, 03:16 PM
Looks like Josey's submarine attack was a little too effective. :boohoo

Blame the rocket. It was the rocket that scared the DOG away. The DOG does not like rockets. I was shooting down the rocket with my sub in order to not scare away the DOG. I guess I was too late because the DOG got its a$$ beat today. Sometimes the "Good guy" subs do not aways win every battle with the rockets.

Rocket pics = DOG negative

Sub pics = The "good guys" that destroy the evil rockets.

Steal
4th May 2010, 03:47 PM
whens nonfarm payroll data due out? Friday?

1970 Silver Art
4th May 2010, 03:54 PM
whens nonfarm payroll data due out? Friday?

Yep. The April nonfarm payroll data is going to come out at 8:30 AM on Friday, May 7, 2010.

gunDriller
4th May 2010, 04:33 PM

what about pictures of submarines and rockets ? i'm thinking maybe it's silver-neutral. 8)

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/typhoon/images/typhoon3.jpg

1970 Silver Art
4th May 2010, 04:54 PM

what about pictures of submarines and rockets ? i'm thinking maybe it's silver-neutral.

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/typhoon/images/typhoon3.jpg

Those do not count. A real sub does not have rockets. A "real" sub uses a pin-point laser to destroy those "evil" rockets that get launched on GSUS. The subs that I have "on standby" use pin-point lasers to destroy the"evil" rockets.

The "evil" rockets are the rockets that are "stand-alone" rockets that are launched from land. These "evil" rockets are the type of rockets that scare away the DOG and these type of rockets are the rockets that need to be destroyed by the subs when they are launched on GSUS.

gunDriller
4th May 2010, 05:18 PM
Those do not count. A real sub does not have rockets. A "real" sub uses a pin-point laser to destroy those "evil" rockets that get launched on GSUS. The subs that I have "on standby" use pin-point lasers to destroy the"evil" rockets.

The "evil" rockets are the rockets that are "stand-alone" rockets that are launched from land. These "evil" rockets are the type of rockets that scare away the DOG and these type of rockets are the rockets that need to be destroyed by the subs when they are launched on GSUS.

sounds like the subject of Masters theses and Doctorate study.

i think of silver as friendly, like a dog. it likes to make itself affordable.

although it sounds like it's been getting a lot of help from JPMorgan in that department !

if JPMorgan is under investigation for market manipulation, as described in so many recent interviews, i would think they'd be a little more kick-back with their market manipulation. and maybe even knock it off for a year or 2.

i'm wondering if today's 5% drop was all natural, or had some JP Morgan or HSBC - or their designated agent - interference.

maybe they'll turn all their silver shorting over to some Israeli banks who won't be hassled by the US government.

Asian markets are opening down.
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/wei_region3.html

India down 1.5%, Australia down 1.5%.

This is the first day in a week or 2 that gold hasn't started climbing at 6 PM Eastern when NY Globex opens. Then Sydney opens at about 7 PM Eastern time, roughly 10 AM Australian.

http://www.kitco.com/images/live/gold.gif

thinking about it ... stock markets around the world fell 2% to 5% yesterday. Some major panic going on about Greece and Spain and debt risk. Silver took it on the chin, which indicates to me that either JPMorgan was doing their short manipulation, OR speculators who had been betting on silver recently abandoned ship.

but GOLD ... gold only fell about 1%.

1970 Silver Art
4th May 2010, 05:33 PM

sounds like the subject of Masters theses and Doctorate study.

i think of silver as friendly, like a dog. it likes to make itself affordable.

although it sounds like it's been getting a lot of help from JPMorgan in that department !

if JPMorgan is under investigation for market manipulation, as described in so many recent interviews, i would think they'd be a little more kick-back with their market manipulation. and maybe even knock it off for a year or 2.

i'm wondering if today's 5% drop was all natural, or had some JP Morgan or HSBC - or their designated agent - interference.

maybe they'll turn all their silver shorting over to some Israeli banks who won't be hassled by the US government.

Yep the DOG is still affordable. As far as I am concerned, JP Morgan and the other big banking boys are doing us all silver bugs a favor because if they are trying to surpress the price of silver, then that gives the people who "get it" more time to accumulate more oz's of silver. The DOG will get bitch-slapped a few more times in the near future but the DOG will have its day in the sun and its fame will last much more than 15 minutes. Eventually, the smackdown crew will eventually lose the "war" to the negative long term fundamentals of the U.S. dollar. Believe it.

EDIT: The DOG is getting its a$$ beat again. Down 0.22 so far. Not good for the DOG. :'(

jedemdasseine
4th May 2010, 07:44 PM
Defending 19.

But every DOG has his day.

Olmstein
4th May 2010, 08:57 PM

Gold barely being touched. Hmmmmmm, wonder why that is?

Oh, that's right, Gold is money. Silver, platinum, and palladium are precious, but they're not money.

Horn
4th May 2010, 09:03 PM

Oh, that's right, Gold is money. Silver, platinum, and palladium are precious, but they're not money.

I see there's a banker in our mists. :whip

Olmstein
5th May 2010, 12:01 AM

I see there's a banker in our mists. :whip

Hey!

Them's fighting words. :box

MoShaniqua
5th May 2010, 06:35 AM
Another sad day for silver speculators.
Gold continues to hang tough for now.

DMac
5th May 2010, 06:53 AM
This drop, IMO, is all about the dollar (surprise) as the dollar is playing a strong role as safe haven from the Euro (which is still hosting record high gold prices > €900). The Euro is collapsing! Because of this, the dollar is entering a strong uptrend.

Today is also a big bonds day, so Ag/Au were going to get slapped.

(cue the 9-11am smackdown).
http://www.kitco.com/images/live/silver.gif
http://www.kitco.com/images/live/gold.gif

Gold has not broken down, as its 20 DMA is still intact - $1,155.17. Gold is still in the uptrend and silver should follow.

Silver is the tip of the golden spear and as always faces the brunt of it's enemies wrath (the USD).

Not worried. Be thankful for buying opportunities.

1970 Silver Art
5th May 2010, 07:12 AM
The DOG is takiing a crap today. It is not looking good for the DOG but the DOG will run again. I just do not know when the DOG will resume its run to $23.00.

Korbin Dallas
5th May 2010, 05:16 PM
I heard today that gold was holding up because worldwide, gold is still considered the number one crisis play investment. When the dust settles, the DOG will have it's day, after all, it is still considered the "poor man's gold". My have to take advantage of that .59 over spot 10 oz. bars at Monarch. ::)