PDA

View Full Version : My Board of Elections is incompetent

bonaparte
4th May 2010, 04:55 PM
Today is voting day where I live. Primary election time, and plenty of local tax issues to vote down, er... I mean vote on.

I did my part, but what a mess inside. First there is a lady there asking "Republican, Democrat, or issues only ballot?" I tell the lady on front of me "I'll take the Libertarian ballot". Blank stare, but the guy next to her shuffles through the ballot pile in front of him and pulls out a Libertarian ballot. My ballot number (must be done by party) was #1 at 5:15pm this afternoon. I guess I'm the only libertarian in my district. I was just a little put off that they were advertising only the republican and democrat ballots to the people who were trying to vote.

Next, they run out of some ballots for some precincts. I'm not sure how this will unfold, but apparently everyone there by close of voting will be allowed to vote, just as soon as they print up and deliver new ballots (how long will that take?).

This effectively kills the vote as far as I'm concerned. Any close issue where the vote is close could really have gone either way because you will never know how the people who left because they couldn't wait the 1,2,3,4 or whatever hours to get a ballot would have voted.

This is a sad day in my county. Another botched election, I mean paper is cheap, how hard is it to just make sure you print more ballots then you would ever need?

OK, end of rant! >:(