PDA

View Full Version : Time to Prepare for the Collapse

Black Blade
5th May 2010, 07:41 PM
Time to Prepare for the Collapse

Take the time to prepare for the coming financial woes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Gwen Caldwell
(libertarian)
Friday, January 23, 2009

The financial stability of our country is in peril. Unemployment continues to rise. The housing market continues to fall. Banks are failing at an unprecedented rate. The stock markets are unstable, as is our dollar. Folks, the new regime in Washington is not going to fix this problem! No matter how many bailouts they want us to pay for, we are only applying a band-aid to a gapping wound in the financial jugular vein of this country! It will not stop the bleeding.

We have got to start facing the facts and preparing for the total collapse of our financial system as we know it. Start downsizing now! Get your pantries stocked with food, water, essential vitamins and medicines. Making these preparations now may not only save your life, but will ensure that your quality of life is not reduced in the face of economic disaster.

We can live for three hours in the cold. Have a back up shelter plan with a heat source.

We can live for three minutes without air. Have a first aid kit and EMT book for reference.

We can live for three days without water. Get a water filter system and store water.

We can live for three weeks without food. Stock your pantries.

Every person should have a bug out bag that contains at least these minimums in case of any emergency. A sleeping bag or blanket, tarp or tent, clothes line rope, fire starter, food for three days, water, a mess kit, a knife, a towel, a change of clothes with extra socks, outer wear for the season, first aid kit, flashlight and batteries.

When stocking your pantry always start by buying your staples first. Things like flour, sugar, oats, salt, oil and Crisco, rice, dried beans, lentils, pastas, nuts and dried fruits, etc. Then buy canned goods, starting with canned meats, vegetables, fruits, tomato sauce, soups, etc.

Then think about those every day things you and your family eat. It does no good to stock pile and store foods that your family won't eat. Buy things to season foods and enhance foods like bullion cubes, gravy mixes, spices and herbs. Buy condiments like ketsup, mustard, BBQ sauce, mayonaise and so on. Snack food and cereals. Hot chocolate mix, coffee, tea, Tang, and other water enhancers.

Be sure to consider any special dietary needs your family members have. If you have family members that have Diabetes for instance you may want to make sure you have plenty of cinnamon as it helps regulate blood sugar. Get stevia for a sweetener.

I encourage all of you to look around your homes at the things that you could liquidate right now to create storage space for food and that can create extra financial resources for stocking up on food. Quit eating out, avoid fast food and junk food. Eat popcorn, fruits and vegetables for snacks to keep your immune system built up and save money.

Think about those things that will disappear in a crisis and make sure you have them. Oil lamps and oils, batteries, diapers, camp stoves and fuel, guns and ammo, toilet paper are things that come to mind. Think about those things that might be good barter items in your area...get them.

I urge you to go online and purchase heritage garden seeds, so that you can grow your own food. Even if you live in a small apartment you can plant food in containers to help you suppliment what is in your pantry. Buy sprouting seeds and a sprouter. Buy canning jars, so that you have a means of preserving your food.

There are many excellent videos at www.youtube.com on sustainability, survival skills, long term food storage, growing urban gardens and so forth. Take the time to educate yourselves on these skills.

I believe that our time to prepare is short and would encourage all of you to do what you can now. I have already noticed that the shelves at the stores where I live have less selection and fewer items. It is not unconceivable that one day the shelves will be empty.

We will not be getting a bail out, be assured. Our bail out is how we prepare now and how well we do it.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article5864.html

Black Blade: Been warning of this for the last few myself. It would appear that the time has come for some to start relying on their storage.

SHTF2010
6th May 2010, 05:36 AM
i'll be watching for the Germany vote

and if Germany votes NO

it could be a " THIS IS IT " weekend

zusn
6th May 2010, 01:46 PM
The time to prepare was a long time ago. Make a plan and stick to it. Ignore this noise and panic.

I can't wait for Sinclair's email to come out! ;D

Nomen luni
8th May 2010, 04:54 AM
The time to prepare was a long time ago.No argument here, but better late than never as the old saying goes. It's all too easy to overwhelm the noobies! :)

MNeagle
8th May 2010, 06:29 AM
Also note OP was written Jan. 2009