PDA

View Full Version : Why you should eat apple seeds!

optionT
5th May 2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/aboutb17.html

This website has a plethora of information about Laetrile (B-17), which fights cancer.

Actually, all these are good for you too.

* KERNELS OR SEEDS OF FRUIT: The highest concentration of vitamin B-17 to be found in nature, aside from bitter almonds. Apple, apricot, cherry, nectarine, peach, pear, plum, prune.
* BEANS: broad (Vicia faba), burma, chickpeas, lentils (sprouted), lima, mung (sprouted), Rangoon, scarlet runner.
* NUTS: Bitter almond, macadamia, cashew.
* BERRIES: Almost all wild berries. Blackberry, chokeberry, Christmas berry, cranberry, elderberry, raspberry, strawberry.
* SEEDS: Chia, flax, sesame.
* GRASSES: Acacia, alfalfa (sprouted), aquatic, Johnson, milkweed, Sudan, minus, wheat grass, white dover.
* GRAINS: oat groats, barley, brown rice, buckwheat groats, chia, flax, millet, rye, vetch, wheat berries.
* MISCELLANEOUS: bamboo shoots, fuschia plant, sorghum, wild hydrangea, yew tree (needles, fresh leaves).

General of Darkness
5th May 2010, 07:59 PM
DAMN, I did not know.

AOW
5th May 2010, 09:42 PM
I'd always heard or assumed peach, apricot, cherry, plum and prune pits were bad for you. How do you eat them? Too big to swallow and and too hard to chew.

AndreaGail
5th May 2010, 09:58 PM
I'd always heard or assumed peach, apricot, cherry, plum and prune pits were bad for you. How do you eat them? Too big to swallow and and too hard to chew.

not sure about the others, but as far as peaches, you can crack the pit open which reveals an easier to chew seed similar to that of an almond. only done it once. my thing is usually apple seeds. I've lived by the "apple a day.." motto the last 12 or so years of my life and have consumed the seeds and everything the last 2 or so years when I stumbled upon this info

AndreaGail
5th May 2010, 10:01 PM
everyone thinks i'm weird for eating the whole apple sometimes commenting "isn't it dangerous to eat the seeds, aren't they poisonous or something". While they are asking me this they are consuming hfcs pop and dipping fried foods in msg ranch dressing

I guess poison is in the eye of the beholder lol

Shami-Amourae
5th May 2010, 10:13 PM
I eat Apricot Kernels daily. They look/taste exactly like almonds, just a little bitter. I could easily snack on them, but that would be dangerous. Currently I only take 4 kernels a day and that seems fine. Only use the Apricot Kernels if they are raw.

The apple seeds I've been drying/collecting over time, in-case I ever need them if I cant buy new Apricot Kernels.

Here's my actual B-17 collection. In order:
Organic Apple Seeds (Left) | Non-Organic Apple Seeds (Middle) | Apricot Kernels (Right)

DualCarbon
5th May 2010, 10:56 PM
Just put the apples into a juicer. Seeds and all - should be a nice way to eat them. If the seeds are whole, they may not digest.

Occamsrazor
6th May 2010, 12:54 AM
DAMN, I did not know.

I always knew and have eaten every apple seed in every apple I`ve eaten. Nothing like the taste of cyanide in the morning.

beeks
6th May 2010, 05:06 AM
When I was a kid me and my cousin ate huge amounts of apricot seeds that our grandmother dried. We had great fun cracking those seeds and eating kernels. It went for hours and we ate tens of kernels.
It is only 30 years later that I found out that those are poisonous and I should be dead. Go figure....

Shami-Amourae
6th May 2010, 05:51 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4312930190281243507#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4312930190281243507#

This was made by G. Edward Griffin, if interested.

Ash_Williams
6th May 2010, 06:36 AM
I always eat them. People tell me "don't eat those they have cyanide in them!"... ok... it might be a factor if you eat 500 of them, but I'm topping out at an average of 5...

Shami-Amourae
6th May 2010, 08:56 AM
Rule of thumb is the eat as much as you were eat the fruit. You wouldn't eat more than 8 whole apricots in a day, so don't go beyond 8 apricot kernels. The same principle goes for apples, and so forth.

sunshine05
9th May 2010, 04:38 PM
Rule of thumb is the eat as much as you were eat the fruit. You wouldn't eat more than 8 whole apricots in a day, so don't go beyond 8 apricot kernels. The same principle goes for apples, and so forth.

I hear that you're not supposed to ever eat just the seeds. You're supposed to eat the seeds along with the fruit but not the seeds alone. I will try to find the video I watched on this and post it. I always eat the apple seeds but only with the apple.

StackerKen
9th May 2010, 06:12 PM
I heard once that peach pits had cyanide ...

It not enough to hurt a person?

Ash_Williams
10th May 2010, 11:34 AM
Not nearly enough.
I don't know why people are so worried about it.
Yeah if you eat a dozen it might not be good... well if I eat a dozen 24 oz steaks in a row that's not gonna be good either. Or a dozen bottles of wine. Even a dozen glasses of water right after another would probably make me sick. That doesn't mean just one of those things is dangerous.

SLV^GLD
10th May 2010, 01:09 PM
I hear that you're not supposed to ever eat just the seeds. You're supposed to eat the seeds along with the fruit but not the seeds alone. I will try to find the video I watched on this and post it. I always eat the apple seeds but only with the apple.
That was my understanding of it. I read some paper somewhere that showed how the toxins in the seeds were mitigated by compounds in the flesh of the fruit.

Shami-Amourae
14th May 2010, 04:56 AM
I heard once that peach pits had cyanide ...

It not enough to hurt a person?

The cyanide is in a chemical compound called laetrile. The chemical bond basically keeps the cyanide from hurting you. It only is released in the presence of cancer cells, because cancer cells have an enzyme in them that breaks down the laetrile, and releases the cyanide. It's a like smart-bomb that only effects cancer cells. Like any other vitamin you shouldn't overdose.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/Amygdalin_skeletal.png/301px-Amygdalin_skeletal.png

hoarder
31st July 2010, 09:52 PM
Interesting thread. On a side note, I never eat apple skins from store bought apples. They soak them in chemicals to remove the natural wax and then they soak them in petroleum wax. This makes them "better".....for the goyim maybe.
I put the whole peeled apple in the blender with my smoothie.