PDA

View Full Version : The EURO is saved!

EE_
9th May 2010, 09:14 PM
Well for the moment anyway. Markets are very happy! (not really)...but they are selling it hard. And it only took a mear trillion smackers.
One trillion dollars coming right up! http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4921228/2/istockphoto_4921228-finger-silhouette-clicking-button.jpg
Next up Spain! I got to spend some time in Spain from 2000 through 2003.
(4 trips) and I saw first hand a major real estate mania during this time.
A lot of black money was pouring in from Russia before the EURO came in.
Spain is way over built and will be in crash mode soon. I'm thinking 5 trillion aught to keep them afloat?
Dubai is already toast, stick a fork in it!

FreeEnergy
9th May 2010, 10:26 PM
Well, as long as you are an international banker, and everyone owes money to you...and all you do all day is create money out of thin air via writing numbers into ledger and putting them into a computer....you can rest assured that nations will be destroyed, yet bankers somehow will come out on top even after a giant financial crash.

perpetual yo-yo frauds as they are.

Neuro
10th May 2010, 12:33 AM
Euro is at 1.2966 right now up almost 2% on the day...

Gaillo
10th May 2010, 12:41 AM
If you can create something out of nothing (which most of human kind perceives as "wealth" with "value"), there's NOTHING you can't accomplish in this world.

InsurgentWolf
10th May 2010, 02:40 AM
Europe's Web of Debt
08.05.2010 | Bill Marsh/The New York Times

Banks and governments in these five shaky economies owe each other many billions of euros — converted here to dollars — and have even larger debts to Britain, France and Germany. Arrow widths are proportional to debt amounts.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/05/02/weekinreview/02marsh-image/02marsh-image-custom1.jpg

(right click -> view image to see it better)

Mouse
10th May 2010, 03:24 AM
Your picture misses an entire arm of the star...

Where is David?

Neuro
10th May 2010, 03:34 AM
Your picture misses an entire arm of the star...

Where is David?
We have to do with the pentagram...

I do expect the rest of the PIIGS IN SPAAACE will go through the Greek process, and the Euro will be sucked into a black hole, and the price of gold will go Stellar... But soon the summer holidays begin so I think we will see a strengthening Euro and a range bound gold until the autumn... Could very well be wrong though...

Spectrism
10th May 2010, 04:22 AM
I don't see any banks listed there. It just says "countries" are owed.

Lemme guess.... the banks worked themselves a deal where they got paid and put the outstanding debt on"sovereign" nations?

1970 Silver Art
10th May 2010, 04:30 AM
If you can create something out of nothing (which most of human kind perceives as "wealth" with "value"), there's NOTHING you can't accomplish in this world.

Yep. A person can even do the impossible when a person has the power to create something out of nothing.

Neuro
10th May 2010, 05:15 AM
I don't see any banks listed there. It just says "countries" are owed.

Lemme guess.... the banks worked themselves a deal where they got paid and put the outstanding debt on"sovereign" nations?
Yes that seems to be my recollection of what happened the last 2-3 years... As I have been told humanity was saved from ultimate disaster by the responsible politicians saving the bankers... :sarc:

gunDriller
10th May 2010, 06:16 AM
reminds me of that saying from Vietnam, "we had to destroy the village to save the country" ... or whatever.

they're just kicking the can down the road.

maybe now Greece will help bail out California.

i would like to learn how to make Souvlaki. i always wondered what went into those big hunks of ground up meat.