PDA

View Full Version : Dow up 380????????.........

Ponce
10th May 2010, 07:27 AM
What planet are we living in?......insanity upon insanity.......and they say that the God's never have any fun?

Spectrism
10th May 2010, 07:32 AM
They are jerking the market around with rule changes.

The desperation they have is pulling other rabbits out of the hat. They are causing untold disasters. Watch what happens next. This week will be one for the books.

They will forget which side is up and which is down as they keep turning things upside down. Eventually, gravity will do its part and crash the whole rotten mess.

sunshine05
10th May 2010, 07:56 AM
What planet are we living in?......insanity upon insanity.......and they say that the God's never have any fun?

CNBC states it's because of the European bailouts. It really is crazy that bailouts = positive for stocks.

jenny
10th May 2010, 08:18 AM
380 is just a big number...percentage wise, it's not much

AndreaGail
10th May 2010, 08:20 AM
CNBC states it's because of the European bailouts. It really is crazy that bailouts = positive for stocks.

psychological warfare almost...

Quixote2
10th May 2010, 11:18 AM
Europe injected one trillion new dollars into the European banks. The banks need to invest the new free money (like our banks borrowing at zero percent interest).

1970 Silver Art
10th May 2010, 12:51 PM
Apparently, the markets like the Greece bailout plan. That seems to be the only reason why the stock markets are rallying.

steveoc
11th May 2010, 02:16 AM
Apparently, the markets like the Greece bailout plan. That seems to be the only reason why the stock markets are rallying.

Either that, or it could have been genuine typo that caused the market to climb ... it works the other way, so why not ?

"BUY a millionbillion Proctor & Gamble"

1970 Silver Art
11th May 2010, 03:51 AM

Either that, or it could have been genuine typo that caused the market to climb ... it works the other way, so why not ?

Hmmmmmm...........fat fingering the "b" for (buying) billions instead of an "m" for (buying) millions of P&G shares should make the P&G stock almost double in price and cause the DOW to jump almost 1000 point BUT I do not think that the DOW will drop 700-800 points after the "fat finger" error was discovered. I think that in this case, the PPT might let this error slide and the MSM will blame "upbeat consumer spending" or "robust" housing recovery for the "sudden" 1000 point surge in the DOW. Then again I could be wrong on this. The stock market is much crazier than I am.

jenny
12th May 2010, 08:59 AM

Hmmmmmm...........fat fingering the "b" for (buying) billions instead of an "m" for (buying) millions of P&G shares should make the P&G stock almost double in price and cause the DOW to jump almost 1000 point BUT I do not think that the DOW will drop 700-800 points after the "fat finger" error was discovered. I think that in this case, the PPT might let this error slide and the MSM will blame "upbeat consumer spending" or "robust" housing recovery for the "sudden" 1000 point surge in the DOW. Then again I could be wrong on this. The stock market is much crazier than I am.
My professeuuuur says it was a trap to catch all the people with stop losses. Stocks fall far enough, and stop loss sell orders are automatically placed.