PDA

View Full Version : How do i take apart an airtight?

silverchris
11th May 2010, 01:48 PM
Hey folks, I just got my first gold coin! ;D I traded my local shop 100 silver quarters for it, i may or may not have gotten a good deal, i think it was a good deal, but thats not what I am here for...btw its a 1/4 eagle, woot! im so happy to have it,

I cant get the dang airtight off this sucker, just the normal one with white ring inside of it, ive never had one, and cant find anything on the net,

ximmy
11th May 2010, 04:35 PM
like an Oreo.... pull and twist

silversurfer
11th May 2010, 06:03 PM
a razor blade should be thin enough to get into the crack between the 2 halves

then just wiggle it as you move it around the edge of the holder

1970 Silver Art
11th May 2010, 06:28 PM
Hey folks, I just got my first gold coin! ;D I traded my local shop 100 silver quarters for it, i may or may not have gotten a good deal, i think it was a good deal, but thats not what I am here for...btw its a 1/4 eagle, woot! im so happy to have it,

I cant get the dang airtight off this sucker, just the normal one with white ring inside of it, ive never had one, and cant find anything on the net,

If your fingernails are long and thin enough, then that might also work to get into the crack between the top and the bottom of the airtight. If that does not work, then silversurfer's razor blade suggestion sounds like a good idea.

BTW Congrats on your first gold coin. :)

StackerKen
11th May 2010, 06:31 PM
Not a bad deal on the eagle BTW

silverchris
12th May 2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks for all of your advice folks. The razorblade idea is the winner. The thing was on there so tight when it did open the plastic ended up on the other side of the room, the coin safely in my lap.

Yeah it was the same shop I bought the quarters from. It PAYS to have the people working your favorite shop know who you are and salviate when you walk in the door. I basically see it as a even trade and happy to get rid of some of my load of 90 percent, I only have dimes now.