PDA

View Full Version : At least 21 guns stolen from Harvey police shooting range

osoab
11th May 2010, 02:10 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/05/weapons-stolen-from-harvey-police-shooting-range.html

May 11, 2010 1:33 PM | 6 Comments | UPDATED STORY
At least 21 weapons --- including MP5 and AR-15 assault rifles --- were stolen from a shooting range belonging to south suburban Harvey police, officials say.

The weapons, ranging from handguns to high-powered rifles, were reported stolen from a trailer on the property of the shooting range at 153rd Street and Campbell Avenue around 9 a.m. Monday, according to Harvey police and the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives.

Special Agent Tom Ahern, an ATF spokesman, said his agency was working with the Illinois State Police to determine exactly how the weapons were removed and to trace their histories.

Ahern did not know if the assault weapons were equipped to be fully automatic. He said several weapons were left behind by the robbers.

Law enforcement sources said the shooting range wasn't a secure facility and isn't equipped for storing weapons.

The Harvey Police Department has been embroiled in controversy regarding weapons in the past.

A former Harvey detective was convicted of taking a handgun from police custody and returning it to the family of the felon arrested for having it in exchange for cash.

The case led to calls for a state police takeover of the crime-ridden suburb, but Mayor Eric Kellogg called instead for a new policy on how weapons were inventoried.

--William Lee, Marjorie Ritchie, and Kristen Schorsch

So the Mexicans might be getting their full-autos from the U.S. :sarc:
It's just coming from the cops.

What a bunch Morons

Book
11th May 2010, 02:13 PM
http://cdn.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/quiz_lead.jpg

Buy & Sell Board at the Police Department

:oo-->

Twisted Titan
11th May 2010, 02:15 PM
Gawd this just drips of irony.

I would have a feild day with this but I have classes to attend.

T

mick silver
11th May 2010, 04:58 PM
i bet a cop has the guns .................................

Mill Man
11th May 2010, 07:00 PM
does anyone really consider an ar-15 "high powered"?

osoab
11th May 2010, 07:06 PM
does anyone really consider an ar-15 "high powered"?

better than a 22. Sounds cool and menacing

JDRock
11th May 2010, 07:46 PM
....153rd and campbell?? thats nigga town! no way mexes, its niggs fow show.

willie pete
11th May 2010, 08:24 PM
Oh Yea, back in the day, I did contract work south of Harvey, it's infested...

Races in Harvey:

Black (79.6%)
Hispanic (12.8%)
Other race (7.9%)
White Non-Hispanic (6.3%)
Two or more races (1.8%)
American Indian (0.7%)

Ironfield
11th May 2010, 09:18 PM
The weapons, ranging from handguns to high-powered rifles, were reported stolen from a trailer on the property.

Stored in a trailer you say? I’m amazed the perpetrators didn’t just hook it up to the tow hitch of a pickup and drive off with the whole damn lot. Bit of spray paint and park it off in a warehouse in the industrial area and no one would be any the wiser.

With this astounding level of incompetence by the police department’s behalf it still amazes me that the sheeple still think that the police are going to be there to protect them. (Granted court rulings state the opposite, most sheeple know nothing of those cases)

My favorite comments from the article;

x-cell:“And somehow stricter gun laws will help keep guns out of the hands of criminals...”

SOU-30:“As a former Range Officer and Police Officer for the Harvey Police, WEAPONS ARE NEVER STORED THERE! They have a weapons vault for weapons at the Police Station.

I smell a cover up for poor management of the Police Department!”

Hobie: “Technically, there IS no such thing as an "assault weapon", that term was invented by the anti-gun nutters, but you obviously didn't know that. The MP5 or any full-auto capable rifle would be called an assault RIFLE; it has a selector for semi-auto or full-auto operation, you didn't know that either. An AR-15 is a civilian version of the military's M16. It is only SEMI-AUTOMATIC. The AK47s and AR-15s that are available in any gun shop are "semi-automatic rifles" and not "assault weapons". Knives, baseball bats, umbrellas, bricks, that 4,000 pound car you drive while drinking, and any blunt object is an "assault weapon". So, in reality, there is alot of "F'n difference". Get your facts straight.

As far as the Chicago Tribune goes, they continue their proud tradition of using an incorrect term to refer to something that doesn't really exist. My AR fires one shot each time I pull the trigger, the same as my little .22 caliber rifles. Interesting how the anti-gun nuts get their panties in a knot over the color, type of grip, etc. even though these things don't make them any more lethal than my hunting rifles. "That rifle is black and has a pistol grip! It MUST be more lethal!" Oh GROW UP already....”

-Ironfield