PDA

View Full Version : You think you have problems?

mamboni
14th May 2010, 02:56 PM
Rectal foreign bodies are typically inserted and the majority of cases are the result of erotic activity. Typically found objects are vibrators, dildoes, light bulbs, candles, shot glasses, and bottles. Some foreign bodies may be found in the rectum that were initially swallowed but then present with complications in the rectum. Patients may be very embarrassed to disclose the circumstances regarding the foreign body insertion and there may have been multiple attempts at removal. The image shown demonstrates a vibrator in the rectum along with a pair of salad tongs that became lodged after attempts at self-removal.

1970 Silver Art
14th May 2010, 03:00 PM
WHOA!!!!!

That thing is huge. It looks like it is stuck in there pretty good. I cannot blame the patient for being embarrassed. Looks like that would hurt trying to walk with an artificial dick that is stuck in the a$$.

ximmy
14th May 2010, 03:01 PM
I'm no expert.. but considering the body, wouldn't he/she eventually just crap out the dildo?? or are tongs the first choice for correction

willie pete
14th May 2010, 03:03 PM
Holy Sigmoidoscopy Mamboni-man, Salad Tongs? :lol Guess that gives a new meaning to "Tossing Somebodies salad".. :plll http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Saul Mine
14th May 2010, 03:07 PM
I'm no expert.. but considering the body, wouldn't he/she eventually just crap out the dildo?? or are tongs the first choice for correction

You've never had anything stuck in your butt, have you? A person typically waits about three days hoping for a normal passage. At that time the end product has backed up and it becomes absolutely necessary to clear the path immediately. That is when the patient gives up and seeks professional help.

Heimdhal
14th May 2010, 03:08 PM
Rectal foreign bodies are typically inserted and the majority of cases are the result of erotic activity. Typically found objects are vibrators, dildoes, light bulbs, candles, shot glasses, and bottles. Some foreign bodies may be found in the rectum that were initially swallowed but then present with complications in the rectum. Patients may be very embarrassed to disclose the circumstances regarding the foreign body insertion and there may have been multiple attempts at removal. The image shown demonstrates a vibrator in the rectum along with a pair of salad tongs that became lodged after attempts at self-removal.

Mamboni, if you're into this kinda stuff, just say so. YOu're among friends, no need to be timid.

;D ;D ;D

willie pete
14th May 2010, 03:09 PM

I doubt you'd be able to pass anything like that, and that high up, it'd have to be retrieved through an endoscopic procedure IF you're lucky, if not, they'd have to open you up, and you'd probably come out with an ostomy, I'd think the biggest concern would be a perf, then you're talking peritonitis, the tip of the first object appears to be intersecting with the transverse colon,the liver appears to be unremarkable

ximmy
14th May 2010, 03:20 PM

You've never had anything stuck in your butt, have you? A person typically waits about three days hoping for a normal passage. At that time the end product has backed up and it becomes absolutely necessary to clear the path immediately. That is when the patient gives up and seeks professional help.

no, I never had to seek professional help for my butt.

StackerKen
14th May 2010, 03:24 PM
when will people learn?.....it's

http://www.printablesigns.net/samples/Exit_Only.png

mamboni
14th May 2010, 03:28 PM

You are unusually well-informed Saul.

An attempt will be made to retrieve the object endoscopically. If that fails, it's off to the OR for an adbominal midline incision and proctosigmoidotomy.

Patients gets very embaressed about these things. As physicians, we are very careful to never be judgmental or demeaning, no matter how bizarre the circumstance. We are here to cure and comfort and let it be known that no one will be refused, seriously.

I do recall getting a baseball soiled with fecal matter as a specimen. I called the surgeon, a personal friend and asked him about it. He told me that the patient was adament that the object in question became lodged in his rectum while he was covering second base during a ball game. He had bent over to pick up something when a line drive was hit, with great velocity, at his hind quarters. It was a mutual 'hmm' moment between two doctors.

mamboni
14th May 2010, 03:33 PM

Mamboni, if you're into this kinda stuff, just say so. YOu're among friends, no need to be timid.

;D ;D ;D

To each their own! But, it's not my bag baby!!!!

k-os
14th May 2010, 10:10 PM
My brother in law has stories like this about his residency . . . the most memorable one involved a fully intact light bulb, where the sun don't shine. The best part is when the patient tries to explain this foreign body in his body, and in the case of the light bulb: he fell on it. Um, ok.

Korbin Dallas
14th May 2010, 10:24 PM
A buddy of mine did an ER residency, he said the most unusual thing about people coming in with objects stuck in the fudge tunnel was the fact that there was a medical protocol for most. for instance, with a light bulb, they would drill a small hole in the end, flow melted wax in, wait until it solidified, then remove.

When a guy came in with a Ken doll up there, THAT was tricky!