PDA

View Full Version : Secret Russian Jesus

TPTB
15th May 2010, 07:41 AM
Wow! The greatest church bell ringer I ever heard. :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/hNcKzumh6UQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&

greenbear
15th May 2010, 05:42 PM
That's kind of a weird video. If the first part was for real, they have got it exactly wrong. :( The bell-ringer had an interesting and sad story, and he really got going there at the end of the video, pretty cool!

k-os
15th May 2010, 05:49 PM
I didn't understand what the first part of the video had to do with the second part. I enjoyed the bell ringing, and was touched by the bell ringer's story. It breaks my heart that man of his age would still be so wounded by his childhood abandonment. And it makes me grateful for another fact in my life that I have taken for granted.

TPTB
15th May 2010, 06:50 PM
The reason I found this odd video was that I had been reading about something called New Chronology by a Russian named Anatoly Fomenko, who claims that Jesus was a Russian who was born sometime around 1085 AD. :o

So, I typed in Russian Jesus and this came up.

Well, I'm not sure what to say about the Russian Jesus dude, except that it's an interesting vignette, and that the woman seemed authentically earnest? I don't think it was some sort of reenactment. I think they really thought the Jesus dude was really Jesus. I could be wrong, though. I agree it was strange to say the least. I've heard that Jesus complexes are not terribly uncommon.

The bell ringer and his story though... poetry. I think his childhood abandonment, that wound you mention K-os, is what gave him the depth of feeling necessary for the bell ringing job. Or rather, it gave him a sort of touching humility, a sense of blessed wonderment over how he got to be where he was.