PDA

View Full Version : Gall bladder removal

zap
15th May 2010, 05:58 PM
I wish I knew how to do a poll, but I don't so I will just ask for opinions,

The Dr. wants to take my gallbladder out, it fills fine but only empties 17% should be at least 35%, it causes pain maybe every 3 or 4 months.

Most know my situation and I am not so worried about the surgery just kinda paranoid about going under. I wish they could do I while I was awake.

I think I am healthy otherwise, but still concerns me. ( Opinions ) ????

Book
15th May 2010, 06:03 PM
Two unrelated neighbors recently had their gall bladder removed. Both are thrilled with the procedure and results. Git 'er done.

:)

k-os
15th May 2010, 06:14 PM
A co-worker had her gall bladder removed and a year or so later had to decide whether to have further surgeries to remove painful scar tissue resulting from the initial surgery. It was a conundrum because the chances were that she would develop more scar tissue after the second surgery, and on and on. I don't know if this was a bad surgeon, or if her body mistakenly created the excessive scar tissue, but you might want to ask your doctor about these types of potentials.

Best of luck to you, please let us know.

hoarder
15th May 2010, 07:04 PM
Why have surgery to get your gall bladder emptied? Just do a liver flush. I have done several and got about a half cup of stones out total over a period of several years. I didn't have any syptoms before doing it but I just figured "Why carry gallstones around if you don't need them?"

Read everything you can about gall bladders on this site:

http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp

sunshine05
15th May 2010, 07:25 PM
Why have surgery to get your gall bladder emptied? Just do a liver flush. I have done several and got about a half cup of stones out total over a period of several years. I didn't have any syptoms before doing it but I just figured "Why carry gallstones around if you don't need them?"

I second this. Liver flushes are not fun but they DO work. I always feel so energized following a cleanse.

willie pete
15th May 2010, 07:46 PM
IF you opt for surgery, make sure it's Lap and not open ...my .02 cents

zap
15th May 2010, 07:52 PM

We have done the liver/gallbladder flush, I don't have gall stones the cholesterol is being deposited on the wall of the gall bladder so I have a thickened gallbladder wall 7 mm.

I have researched surgeons and have a appt Mon. with a German lady Dr.
We'll see how it goes.

hoarder
15th May 2010, 08:14 PM
We have done the liver/gallbladder flush, I don't have gall stones the cholesterol is being deposited on the wall of the gall bladder so I have a thickened gallbladder wall 7 mm.

I have researched surgeons and have a appt Mon. with a German lady Dr.
We'll see how it goes.

I never heard of that. Good luck with whatever solution you find, Zap.

MNeagle
16th May 2010, 04:41 AM
Yes, good luck Zap. We'll be thinking of you.

To do a poll: There's a tab on the right side next to "New Topic". It's called "New Poll".

johnlvs2run
16th May 2010, 07:45 AM
We have done the liver/gallbladder flush, I don't have gall stones the cholesterol is being deposited on the wall of the gall bladder

Everyone has gall stones, as they are produced in the liver.
The cholesterol goes to the gall bladder when the liver is overflowing.

Everyone should be able to get gall stones out with a liver flush when done properly.

From my own experience, having done three liver flushes some 10-15 years ago, the most important
preparation is to shake the grapefruit juice, epsom salts combination for at least a full minute to mix well.
Otherwise the flush might not get out any gall stones, if any at all. It is important to do the flush properly.

I got out at least 4-600 the 1st time, including large and old gall stones, about 1/4 to 1/2 of that the next 2 times.
It's about time for me to do another one.

This is the procedure that I used.

http://www.drclark.net/info/liver.htm

Large Sarge
16th May 2010, 10:01 AM

this is critical

and then you need to get more "good fats" (flax seed oil & ground Flax )

zap
16th May 2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks all !!! I appreciate the feedback,

Johnlvs2run I have watched the surgery online the cutting doesn't bother me its going under that bugs me , We meaning me and my late husband.

The am leaning towards taking it out, this started back when I was 16, was ok thru my 20"s started again in my 30's and it is getting worse now that I'm 43, the main reason other then the pain is I don't want it to cause other things, Blocking the bile coming out of your liver, rupturing, causing cancer of that organ or screwing up the pancreas, or turning gangrene like my father-in-laws did.

Like I said I will meet with the surgeon first and have a big discussion with her and then make my decision.

MNeagale, Thanks I saw that after I posted ;D

jedemdasseine
16th May 2010, 10:23 AM

this is critical

and then you need to get more "good fats" (flax seed oil & ground Flax )

The ancient Greeks would eat flax before battle. Full of energy, nutrients. Good for oxygenating your cells.

zap
2nd June 2010, 08:22 PM
Well surgery scheduled for friday 5;30 am , Wish me luck or not. :D

hoarder
2nd June 2010, 08:30 PM
"Live each day like it was your last......"

Hey, I hope your sig has nothing to do with your operation. I think it's pretty routine.

Good luck and a speedy recovery!

StackerKen
2nd June 2010, 08:35 PM
Good Luck Zap.
Im praying for ya! :)

you'll be fine

shamrocks33
2nd June 2010, 08:45 PM
Zap,

I have had my gallbladder removed lap. about 12 years ago......it had become infected....and I was in intense pain. I was supposed to be going on vacation to Hawaii the NEXT DAY. Anyway had the surgery and two days later was on a plane to Waikki beach....I couldn't go in the water and the most I could carry was 15 lbs. but other than that I was fine...recovered with some MAI TAIS 8)

Don't worry you'll be fine

willie pete
2nd June 2010, 09:06 PM
Well surgery scheduled for friday 5;30 am , Wish me luck or not. :D

Good luck and GodSpeed did you check out the doc? it's going to be a lap right? you'll come away with 3-4 little abdominal stab wounds

zap
2nd June 2010, 09:30 PM
I know, I will be fine, just got to keep telling myself that, I told the surgeon I won't stay in the hospital over nite, she agreed, so If all goes well I should be out that day.
Yes lap and yes I did check the Dr. out she's German, and went to school over there.

I think I am in good hands ;)

Medical School
1980 University of Duesseldorf
Residency 1990 Medical Center of Delaware
1992 Mercy Catholic Medical Center-Fitzgerald Mercy Division
Fellowship 1996 Stanford University Medical Center
Internships 1988 Medical Center of Delaware
Certifications 1996 American Board of Surgery - General Surgery (Primary)

But it is still nice to have your kind words and Kens Prayers !!

k-os
3rd June 2010, 04:17 AM
Good luck zap, and speedy recovery!

zap
4th June 2010, 10:08 PM
Ha haahahha didn't kick and out of the hospital, so I will be back at my own computer tomorrow ;) ;) ;) ;) :sun: :sun:

good drugs!!!!

StackerKen
4th June 2010, 10:24 PM
Ha haahahha didn't kick and out of the hospital, so I will be back at my own computer tomorrow ;) ;) ;) ;) :sun: :sun:

good drugs!!!!

Great news! :) Glad to hear it Zap

http://www.wishingfriends.com/graphics/get_well_soon_graphics/get_well_soon_08.gif

willie pete
4th June 2010, 10:27 PM
Glad you pulled through :D Get Well Soon.....

ximmy
4th June 2010, 10:55 PM
Thank God!! :) :banrasta

MNeagle
5th June 2010, 08:32 AM
Good to hear. Hope you have a speedy recovery! I'm sure you'll feel better once you're home too.