PDA

View Full Version : Have Each of Us Already Died? ... From A Quantum Physics POV

singular_me
17th May 2010, 09:25 AM
very possible consequences of the parallel universes... another challenging thought for spirituality and religions as whole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfDBW1Smu58&feature=related

The Greater Reality is mind boggling - but how for how long can we continue to ignore it?? That is up to you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6D3CgF8_qk&feature=related

TPTB
17th May 2010, 05:08 PM
Ok, here's a hypothetical.

All life was created at the instant that all matter was created. At the moment of the Big Bang or when God spoke, life was created. Life is consciousness. The consciousness of the Universe.
The Universe is so vast and enveloping that for all intents and purposes it is infinite.

Since the Universe is infinite and living beings began simultaneously this would imply all life is perpetual and endless.

This means that death is merely an experience since there is no ending to infinity.

So lets say, a 7 year old girl, Ailaya... died. She experienced a death, but she didn't really die, since there are an infinite number of Ailaya's still living. She died for me and you, since we're still experiencing within this framework, but when she died, she simply slipped into another of her infinite number of experiences.

Perhaps she experienced her passing as if traveling through a tunnel toward a bright light or being welcomed by close family or friends. Perhaps she's experiencing heaven. Perhaps she never noticed a thing.

Maybe we're all dying every millisecond of every day, but each of us can only experience these occurrences one at a time in a sequential time frame and these time frames are what we think of as our selves.

Life is perpetual and endless because life is the consciousness of the universe.

When I say Life I mean ALL LIFE. Each of us is part of the energy flow of Universal Consciousness.

That means, not only is Ailaya alive as some other Ailaya, she is also alive as anything her spark, her energy can imagine itself to be.

Now think of all of Ailaya's life energy as occurring NOW. All of her experiences, all of our experiences are happening at the exact moment of the Big Bang. As God speaks.

Quantum
17th May 2010, 06:13 PM
There are no "parallel universes." There is a parallel dimension, where the demons reside, and the SOBs pass between dimensions all the time to do wickedness. That's why people experience "close encounters" and other bizarre things with "special" beings.

I reject pre-conception souls, reincarnation, and alternative souls in alternate dimensions.

singular_me
17th May 2010, 10:00 PM
TPTB, thanks for your courageous and well formulated scenario...

I will be reading this posting of yours tomorrow morning with my cup of coffee.
and will edit this posting, addting my 2 cents to it.

Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your input

Horn
17th May 2010, 10:37 PM
I still tend to think the golden rule is time, and that it is truly linear, All the rest seems well & just.

But what do I know I'm just a blind & bell bit fool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V188B3-pcBc

RJB
18th May 2010, 07:52 AM
I was going to start to disprove it by saying that if there are alternate realities/parallels/etc. Then my father, mother, great grandfather (whoever) may have died before the offspring was conceived so I never could have been born, but if these realms are infinite, then anything is possible. Are my own parallels in me? Shared? How can it be applied? If it can't be applied, is it just nothing more than an interesting tidbit for conversation?

If there are others of us present, would we be more like clones with separate spirits-- if we make different decisions, then that can't be "us." I know there is the concept of all is one, but how does free will fit in?

These questions aren't to tear any theory apart-- because they obviously aren't. I just find more questions than answer in this research.

And again I don't believe that talking about theories are tough; it should be fun. It reminds me of the interview that the atheist Carl Sagan had with the Dali Lama. The Dali Lama said that if there was irrefutable proof that there was no such thing as re-incarnation, that he would quit believing in it. Then with a grin the Dali Lama added, "But I don't forsee that happening anytime soon..." ;D

DMac
18th May 2010, 08:06 AM
a very possible consequences of the parallel universes... another tough one for spirituality and religions as whole

Why are you continually baiting with phrases such as this? Do you understand that quantum mechanics and spirituality are not mutually exclusive systems?

TPTB
18th May 2010, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I hear ya... if nothing else, this conversation should be fun and ongoing... mind expanding. I don't think these conversations should conflict with anyone's religious beliefs.

So, after qualifying that, I'd like to look at the idea of the movement of "time."

The passing of "time" seems so obvious that it may as well be considered de facto fact. The big factomundo. We just can't get around it. Stuff wears out, winds down and dies out. Entropy.

Except for... energy. Energy doesn't wear out over time. It just changes form.

And quantum matter doesn't seem to follow the laws of thermodynamics either.

As certain as those things are, they aren't exactly material things.

And then there's thought. Where does thought fit in?

What the heck is thought? Is thought some sort of special type of energy? Does it somehow escape the laws of physics?

Come to think of it, thought and time are actually quite similar. Both are completely obvious and yet utterly invisible, inexplicable... Time and thought are always right there...fucking with us. :o :D

So...

Here's a thought...

What if thought and time are the same energy wave form.

In that case, time can't move forward until it is thought to move forward.

Or conversely, thought can't become thought without the time to express it.

So, is thought linear in the same sense as time? Or is thought free of the constraints of time?

Let's say thought precedes time. But the accumulation of thought generates knowledge and knowledge is the same energy as light, and light moves within the constraints of theoretical time.

If thought precedes time, it is also free of the constraints of time, so thought somehow overrules time.

So a thought may be the act of observation that sparks the movement of time.

The observation of "something" precedes the movement of that "thing" through time and without the movement through time, that thing doesn't yet exist in any observable, measurable sense.

The thought itself brings it into observable, measurable existence where time moves it along... through space.

In a sense, thought precedes both time and space.

What I'm alluding to here is that thought and consciousness are the same thing. Cognition.

So then, what if thought, consciousness and time are the same. You might call this Mind.

But wait... what if thought, consciousness, time and space are all the same. You might call this the Universe.

Do you see the period at the end of the previous sentence? That period represents the end of the Universe.

Thinking strictly as a mental exercise...

The end of the Universe might represent the limit of my ability to think beyond that, therefore that is the limit of my Universe.

The limit of my ability to comprehend the Universe is the point at which I give in and call God.

God is that which I can not comprehend. God is the period at the end of the sentence.

Anything that I can comprehend, I can give thought to,... anything that is conceived of, exists in time and space. As a thought.

However, even though the thought exists in time and space, it really isn't anything until I can convince other observers that the thought has value.

The more observers there are to give the thought a value, the stronger the thought becomes until it reaches the point where it manifests into this place we observers accept as our collective home, the world, and the Universe that holds it.

In other words, the Universe is the current result of all thought as a collective. Collective consciousness.

The Universe is the receptacle of all Life consciousness.

While God is a reflection of my limitations, God is also the expression of my insistence that there is more to be comprehended.

I reject the idea that God is anthropomorphic... that God is somehow a separate entity with human characteristics. Calling God a Him or Her is anthro and archaic. I might as well just call God a Bull or an animal of some sort.

I also reject the idea that God has limits, except those that I myself impose upon God.

God's only limitations are that which I impose, or rather, the limitations that the collective consciousness imposes.

So, as living consciousness, or thought... expands, the Universe expands. As the Universe expands, God attains fulfillment.

TPTB
18th May 2010, 10:23 AM
"In What Is Thought? Eric Baum proposes a computational explanation of thought. Just as Erwin Schrodinger in his classic 1944 work What Is Life? argued ten years before the discovery of DNA that life must be explainable at a fundamental level by physics and chemistry, Baum contends that the present-day inability of computer science to explain thought and meaning is no reason to doubt there can be such an explanation. Baum argues that the complexity of mind is the outcome of evolution, which has built thought processes that act unlike the standard algorithms of computer science and that to understand the mind we need to understand these thought processes and the evolutionary process that produced them in computational terms.

Baum proposes that underlying mind is a complex but compact program that corresponds to the underlying structure of the world. He argues further that the mind is essentially programmed by DNA. We learn more rapidly than computer scientists have so far been able to explain because the DNA code has programmed the mind to deal only with meaningful possibilities. Thus the mind understands by exploiting semantics, or meaning, for the purposes of computation; constraints are built in so that although there are myriad possibilities, only a few make sense. Evolution discovered corresponding subroutines or shortcuts to speed up its processes and to construct creatures whose survival depends on making the right choice quickly. Baum argues that the structure and nature of thought, meaning, sensation, and consciousness therefore arise naturally from the evolution of programs that exploit the compact structure of the world."

G2Rad
18th May 2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I hear ya... if nothing else, this conversation should be fun and ongoing... mind expanding. I don't think these conversations should conflict with anyone's religious beliefs.

So, after qualifying that, I'd like to look at the idea of the movement of "time."

The passing of "time" seems so obvious that it may as well be considered de facto fact. The big factomundo. We just can't get around it. Stuff wears out, winds down and dies out. Entropy.

And quantum matter doesn't seem to follow the laws of thermodynamics either.

As certain as those things are, they aren't exactly material things.

And then there's thought. Where does thought fit in?

What the heck is thought? Is thought some sort of special type of energy? Does it somehow escape the laws of physics?

Come to think of it, thought and time are actually quite similar. Both are completely obvious and yet utterly invisible, inexplicable... Time and thought are always right there...f*cking with us. :o :D

So...

Here's a thought...

What if thought and time are the same energy wave form.

In that case, time can't move forward until it is thought to move forward.

Or conversely, thought can't become thought without the time to express it.

So, is thought linear in the same sense as time? Or is thought free of the constraints of time?

Let's say thought precedes time. But the accumulation of thought generates knowledge and knowledge is the same energy as light, and light moves within the constraints of theoretical time.

If thought precedes time, it is also free of the constraints of time, so thought somehow overrules time.

So a thought may be the act of observation that sparks the movement of time.

The observation of "something" precedes the movement of that "thing" through time and without the movement through time, that thing doesn't yet exist in any observable, measurable sense.

The thought itself brings it into observable, measurable existence where time moves it along... through space.

In a sense, thought precedes both time and space.

What I'm alluding to here is that thought and consciousness are the same thing. Cognition.

So then, what if thought, consciousness and time are the same. You might call this Mind.

But wait... what if thought, consciousness, time and space are all the same. You might call this the Universe.

Do you see the period at the end of the previous sentence? That period represents the end of the Universe.

Thinking strictly as a mental exercise...

The end of the Universe might represent the limit of my ability to think beyond that, therefore that is the limit of my Universe.

The limit of my ability to comprehend the Universe is the point at which I give in and call God.

God is that which I can not comprehend. God is the period at the end of the sentence.

Anything that I can comprehend, I can give thought to,... anything that is conceived of, exists in time and space. As a thought.

However, even though the thought exists in time and space, it really isn't anything until I can convince other observers that the thought has value.

The more observers there are to give the thought a value, the stronger the thought becomes until it reaches the point where it manifests into this place we observers accept as our collective home, the world, and the Universe that holds it.

In other words, the Universe is the current result of all thought as a collective. Collective consciousness.

While God is a reflection of my limitations, God is also the expression of my insistence that there is more to be comprehended.

I reject the idea that God is anthropomorphic... that God is somehow a separate entity with human characteristics. Calling God a Him or Her is anthro and archaic. I might as well just call God a Bull or an animal of some sort.

I also reject the idea that God has limits, except those that I myself impose upon God.

God's only limitations are that which I impose, or rather, the limitations that the collective consciousness imposes.

So, as living consciousness, or thought... expands, the Universe expands. As the Universe expands, God attains fulfillment.

Time is property of this Universe, while we ( and our thoughts) are not.

The entire class of entities do not belong to this space-time. Those are so called "Absolutes" of Plato and Socrates. ( Geometrical Triangles don't have taste or weight and don't wear and tear, do not change. )

Likewise Bible says that we (our souls) too do not belong to this "simulation" (Universe).

Your post calls for consideration of Deja Vu phenomenon, which may be supportive of us being hooked up into this realm through our brains; silver cord of Ecclesiastes 12:6 being our mind-to-body "transcendental" data interface.

Deja Vu may be of the same nature as out-of-body experience, various extrasensory psychic (Medium) phenomenon, like remote viewing or precognition, practiced by Occultists.

I've heard that existence of the silver cord was documented by practicing occultists.

My duty Sir is to warn you that if you go in that direction it will work for you, but you will have to pay huge price. Instead of walking in through the door, you will be climbing in through the window, causing you be named a thief, with dire consequences.

G2Rad
18th May 2010, 10:55 AM
"In What Is Thought? Eric Baum proposes a computational explanation of thought. ......

you may find Ludwig Wittgenstein's Investigations to be amusing.

G2Rad
18th May 2010, 11:03 AM
First of all, somebody has to define death.

I anticipate that that will not be trivial, because use of concept of "time" may be unavoidable while defining "death", as it is commonly understood.

Yet we know from Mr. Einstein who established quite a while ago that "time" does not belong to the class of Plato's Absolutes.

keehah
18th May 2010, 11:04 AM
Nihilistic! Co-opting new physics for new age religion.
Defective as well.

Of what we, as humans, directly perceive, time is linear.
However if one had a brain the size of an electron... 8)
Or, as the new science has shown, a tribe of metals under the right conditions... :wwfg

TPTB
18th May 2010, 11:22 AM
Here's another thought exercise.

Pretend that an individual person is like a movie film and each frame of the film represents a single instant in the life of that person. Each frame is a separate still shot that when run together at a given speed, appears convincingly to make up a persons life.

But each instant, being a single still shot, the person from which the movie depicts, can only see the environment directly around them during that particular instant.

That person can't watch their own life movie as it's occurring, because in order to do so they have to stop the reel, look at the still, then create a thought, edit it as necessary(give that moment a specific meaning) and then start up the projector again to move forward in their life. The two dimensional movie image can't hop out and edit itself.

That would mean there is an outside movie projectionist or editor involved. And that editor wouldn't be from the future, it would be from the past.

That editor is the ego. What the movie person would think of as self. The persons "thoughts."

So, a persons "thought" is like a separate editor, that resides outside the persons image, and just a fraction of a second before the movement through time.

The thought, in a way, projects and propels the image forward and predetermines what it is going to look like while the movie plays it's way through life.

TPTB
18th May 2010, 11:35 AM
Every time I accidentally cut my finger with a knife or bang my thumb with a hammer, just a fraction of a second before it happens, it seems like I just know it's about to happen, but always a hair too late to stop. :D

Horn
18th May 2010, 02:48 PM

I'm going to go on record here and state that energy is lost too over time. Just because I can.

I believe that a small proportionate measure is lost, and is what is the cause for "jumping" to conclusions & the necessity for leap years.

Lost energy equals a compounded interest time inflation equation. :o 8)

TPTB
18th May 2010, 04:02 PM

I'm going to go on record here and state that energy is lost too over time. Just because I can.

I believe that a small proportionate measure is lost, and is what is the cause for "jumping" to conclusions & the necessity for leap years.

Ok, but lost to where. Where does the lost energy go? Into the wilderness? :'(

One explanation, which by no means should be construed as fact, is that the stuff of empty space they call dark matter, might be where energy goes to be recharged or rejuvenated, so to speak, in that torus loop thing.

Time and space are both really kind of easy to see metaphorically. Time is easy to visualize as a straight and consistent line from point A to point B, or as a mechanical pendulum, but experience tends to suggest otherwise. Everyone has experienced time slowing or speeding up depending on ones thought processes. You know, if you become absorbed in a project, time is experienced differently than if you are waiting for the bell to ring.

Thought is somehow connected to time, and when that connection is understood it might be that we won't need technology or massive amounts of energy at all to travel in or outside of time.

I don't know.

It may very well be that death is the ticket to eternity and time travel. It certainly doesn't interest me as an activity though.

I also have absolutely 0 interest in transhumanism, the life extension business, or especially immortality Inc.

I don't find myself interesting enough to want to live with myself forever. :D

TPTB
18th May 2010, 04:29 PM
Here's a quote by Jiddu Krishnamurti...

We can observe this fact together, that thought and time are the root of fear. Time and thought are the same, they are not two separate movements. See this fact, this actuality, that time and thought, time-thought, are the root of fear. Just observe it in yourself. Don't move away from the reality, from the truth that fear is caused by time and thought. Hold it, remain with it, don't run away from it. It is so. Then it is like holding a precious jewel in your hand. You see all the beauty of that jewel. Then you will see for yourself that fear psychologically completely ends...

singular_me
18th May 2010, 05:33 PM
Life is perpetual and endless because life is the consciousness of the universe.

When I say Life I mean ALL LIFE. Each of us is part of the energy flow of Universal Consciousness.

That means, not only is Ailaya alive as some other Ailaya, she is also alive as anything her spark, her energy can imagine itself to be.

Now think of all of Ailaya's life energy as occurring NOW. All of her experiences, all of our experiences are happening at the exact moment of the Big Bang. As God speaks.

Yeah, I have been thinking of this too and if life is omnipresent in the Universe, death is mearly the end of our current reality.

I absolutely share this vision...

Best

singular_me
18th May 2010, 05:40 PM
Dmac, your atheist oriented postings are no bait for me... I like them a lot. But they are surely baits for many other theists in here.

Yes, the possibility to have many lives superimposing, layers of lives, is a a tricky one... that is why I say "as a whole". Anyone willing to dig this will surely find himself/herself at odds with her/his current actions.

Although I value other povs, since a while I chose to go along with the Grand Theory of everything.

EDIT: I took notice of your remark and changed "tough one" into "challenging thought"

Best

a very possible consequences of the parallel universes... another tough one for spirituality and religions as whole

Why are you continually baiting with phrases such as this? Do you understand that quantum mechanics and spirituality are not mutually exclusive systems?

singular_me
18th May 2010, 05:47 PM
RJB: And again I don't believe that talking about theories are tough; it should be fun.

Maybe should I have said: challenging instead. I agree with TPTB that "mind expanding" is the goal of this thread.

Tnx for sharing.

singular_me
18th May 2010, 06:03 PM
I dont like the word "new" because has a pejorative meaning Anything spiritual concept that is outisde the realm of monopoly religions is getting branded as such. This label has to go... IMHO.

as/if the universe is infinite, your thinking should just go along. Any new path has to be given a chance. No matter how pelicular is may sound or seem.

In the end, we will ALL find ourselves at the ZERO point anyway. The only difference is the path we are taking to get there.

Nihilistic! Co-opting new physics for new age religion.
Defective as well.

Of what we, as humans, directly perceive, time is linear.
Or, as the new science has shown, a tribe of metals under the right conditions... :wwfg

:)

singular_me
18th May 2010, 07:38 PM
In our current reality all is centered around this very fear, it was thus a cake walk for materialism to take root. But it is going to change...

Great quote!!

Here's a quote by Jiddu Krishnamurti...

We can observe this fact together, that thought and time are the root of fear. Time and thought are the same, they are not two separate movements. See this fact, this actuality, that time and thought, time-thought, are the root of fear. Just observe it in yourself. Don't move away from the reality, from the truth that fear is caused by time and thought. Hold it, remain with it, don't run away from it. It is so. Then it is like holding a precious jewel in your hand. You see all the beauty of that jewel. Then you will see for yourself that fear psychologically completely ends...

Horn
18th May 2010, 10:03 PM

Ok, but lost to where. Where does the lost energy go? Into the wilderness? :'(

One explanation, which by no means should be construed as fact, is that the stuff of empty space they call dark matter, might be where energy goes to be recharged or rejuvenated, so to speak, in that torus loop thing.

Time and space are both really kind of easy to see metaphorically. Time is easy to visualize as a straight and consistent line from point A to point B, or as a mechanical pendulum, but experience tends to suggest otherwise. Everyone has experienced time slowing or speeding up depending on ones thought processes. You know, if you become absorbed in a project, time is experienced differently than if you are waiting for the bell to ring.

Thought is somehow connected to time, and when that connection is understood it might be that we won't need technology or massive amounts of energy at all to travel in or outside of time.

I don't know.

It may very well be that death is the ticket to eternity and time travel. It certainly doesn't interest me as an activity though.

I also have absolutely 0 interest in transhumanism, the life extension business, or especially immortality Inc.

I don't find myself interesting enough to want to live with myself forever. :D

Good honest post, we can't hardly go off on a tangent in this thread, it's quantum. :)

My guess, (a shot in the dark) is that your projects are being focused in this world.

As for the lost energy in Time.

What if time itself was built upon the "lost" & exponential energy?

Time, if "being linear governor" could be sped up or slowed down or even curved by energy, would then said "sitted governor" demand the most interest of power, as a curve is still made up from a line.

Or to laymenize, time is the leading linear chord of all matters.

Oh blessed is our lord, father of time. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/smoking-029.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPBYLDqUwQk

keehah
20th May 2010, 03:10 PM

I was referring to the recent news that a small piece of metal cooled to near absolute 0 had observable molecular harmonics. Or 'proof of time travel' as the MSM spun it for sheep.

This older work shows the same phenomena.
http://www.blazelabs.com/pics/tungstentip.gif
Field ion microscope image of a 'single crystal' tungsten tip.
Are those 'hard particles' or standing waves?

In a 3D standing waves, a structure, with all charactesitics of a platonic solid, is formed for each standing wave mode. Within an atom, which is the building block of matter, the platonic solid is not formed by salt or known particles, but by electromagnetic waves in vacuum. The final result, the standing wave structure, is one which has a structure, an inertia, a reaction to other standing wave structures, and a reaction to external EM waves, all characteristics of what we use to call 'a particle', which can be felt and seen. As we shall see later on, particles are point effects of the standing wave nodes.

Both the students of Buckminster Fuller and his protege Dr. Hans Jenny devised clever experiments that showed how the Platonic Solids would form within a vibrating / pulsating 3D sphere. In the experiment conducted by Fuller's students, a spherical balloon was dipped in dye and pulsed with pure sinewave sound frequencies. A small number of evenly-distanced nodes would form across the surface of the sphere, as well as thin lines that connected them to each other. If you have four evenly spaced nodes, you will see a tetrahedron. Six evenly spaced nodes form an octahedron. Eight evenly spaced nodes form a cube. Twelve evenly spaced nodes form the icosahedron and twenty evenly spaced nodes form the dodecahedron. The straight lines that we see on these geometric objects simply represent the stresses that are created by the closest distance between two points for each of the nodes as they distribute themselves across the entire surface of the sphere.
http://hhttp://www.blazelabs.com/pics/cymaticnew.jpg

The wave pattern associated with the natural frequencies of an object is characterized by points which appear to be standing still; for this reason, a pattern in 2D is often called a "standing wave pattern", whilst we may call a pattern in 3D, a "standing wave structure". The points in the structure which are at stand-still are referred to as nodal points (in 2D) or vertex positions (in 3D). These positions occur as the result of the destructive interference of incident and reflected waves. Each nodal point is surrounded by anti-nodal points, creating an alternating pattern of nodal and anti-nodal points. A classical two dimensional demonstration utilizes a square metal plate (known as a Chladni plate), a violin bow and salt. The plate is securely fastened to a table using a nut and bolt; the nut and bolt are clamped to the center of the square plate, preventing that section from vibrating. The salt is then sprinkled upon the plate in an irregular pattern. Then the violin bow is used to induce vibrations within the plate; the plate is strummed and begins vibrating. At a certain violin tone, a high-pitched pure tone is sounded out as the plate vibrated; and, remarkably the salt upon the plate begins to vibrate and forms a pattern upon the plate. The pattern formed by the salt on the plate is the standing wave pattern associated with one of the natural frequencies of the Chladni plate. As the plate starts to vibrate, the salt begins to vibrate and tumble about the plate until they reach points along the plate which are not vibrating. Subsequently, the salt finally comes to rest along the nodal positions. The diagrams show two of the most common standing wave patterns for the Chladni plates. The white lines represent the salt locations (nodal positions). Observe in the diagram that each pattern is characterized by nodal positions in the corners of the square plate and in the center of the plate. For these two particular vibrational modes, those positions are unable to move.

Dr. Hans Jenny conducted a similar experiment, wherein a droplet of water contained a very fine suspension of light-colored particles, known as a colloidal suspension. When this spherical droplet of particle-filled water was vibrated at various diatonic musical frequencies, the Platonic Solids would appear inside, surrounded by elliptical curving lines that would connect their nodes together. As we shall see, these dark points, which are nothing but point of intersections of nodes are the supposed 'point bits of matter'.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20100518/sc_space/whyweexistmatterwinsbattleoverantimatter

The seemingly inescapable fact that matter and antimatter particles destroy each other on contact has long puzzled physicists wondering how life, the universe or anything else can exist at all. But new results from a particle accelerator experiment suggest that matter does seem to win in the end.

The experiment has shown a small — but significant — 1 percent difference between the amount of matter and antimatter produced, which could hint at how our matter-dominated existence came about.

The current theory, known as the Standard Model of particle physics, has predicted some violation of matter-antimatter symmetry, but not enough to explain how our universe arose consisting mostly of matter with barely a trace of antimatter.

But this latest experiment came up with an unbalanced ratio of matter to antimatter that goes beyond the imbalance predicted by the Standard Model. Specifically, physicists discovered a 1 percent difference between pairs of muons and antimuons that arise from the decay of particles known as B mesons...

"Many of us felt goose bumps when we saw the result," said Stefan Soldner-Rembold, a particle physicist at the University of Manchester in the United Kingdom. "We knew we were seeing something beyond what we have seen before and beyond what current theories can explain."

keehah
14th November 2010, 07:47 PM
Prickles & Goo: Alan Watts Trey Parker Matt Stone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXi_ldNRNtM

Horn
15th November 2010, 02:03 PM
Talk about a guy who likes to live out there on the edge, you should know how we all feel about Tungsten... 8)

This thread was up there for me of all time exploratory, and thought starting.