PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Police threaten, kick and beat innocent man while using racial slurs

Ares
17th May 2010, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B45QPOfpZcE

Ponce
17th May 2010, 05:23 PM
I would like to say that I am outrage an angry.......but........now days that's the norm of our police "protectors of the people" so that this is only another film and nothing more.

Only when "We The People" do something about it will they change their ways.

Horn
17th May 2010, 05:59 PM
Nothing like stompin on a mistaken mexican homey in the morning, or the evening too.

Smells like idiocy.

goldmonkey
17th May 2010, 06:19 PM
I bet Stacia Hawkinson and Jane Cutter are white progressives who are silent when an injustice is committed against their own race.

k-os
17th May 2010, 07:05 PM
I have a couple of questions.

1) When are cops going to realize that someone is ALWAYS recording their misdeeds?

2) Is "Mexican" a racial slur or racial epithet? If he said "I will beat the Canadian piss out of you, eh?" would that have been a racial slur?

Bigjon
17th May 2010, 07:43 PM
When are people going to realize that incidents like this are standard operating procedure and the few that show up are just the tip of the iceberg.

BrewTech
17th May 2010, 07:59 PM
2) Is "Mexican" a racial slur or racial epithet? If he said "I will beat the Canadian piss out of you, eh?" would that have been a racial slur?

That's why I love this forum. Smart folks asking pertinent questions, and asking them in the right way...

Olmstein
17th May 2010, 08:06 PM
I have a couple of questions.

1) When are cops going to realize that someone is ALWAYS recording their misdeeds?

Mexico is such a fouled up country, that to call someone a "Mexican", even if they are from Mexico, is an insult.

The people from that country prefer the terms "Latino" or "Hispanic".

Kali
17th May 2010, 08:30 PM
"Hispanic urine" would have been a bit nicer.

k-os
18th May 2010, 05:47 AM

Mexico is such a fouled up country, that to call someone a "Mexican", even if they are from Mexico, is an insult.

The people from that country prefer the terms "Latino" or "Hispanic".

I am not defending the actions of the police officers, to be clear. I think anyone should be allowed to call a Mexican a Mexican. It is insanity to think otherwise. That's like not being allowed to call a blonde lady a blonde because of all of the stupid blonde jokes. Asinine.

Is Honduran a racial slur? How about Guatemalan? Nicaraguan?

I've been to all of these places (Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua), and I can say they're all pretty fouled up (politically, environmentally, financially), but the residents of those countries were some of the happiest, most well-adjusted, hardest working people I have ever met.

I am going to need a list of countries that are so fouled up (in the right way) that the people coming from there cannot be identified as such without me being charged with a hate crime. Or . . . is it just Mexico?

Perhaps the ACLU has this list somewhere?

k-os
18th May 2010, 05:49 AM
"Hispanic urine" would have been a bit nicer.

Excellent point.

Low Pan
18th May 2010, 06:46 AM
Also notice how the people interviewed were just laissez faire - never mind the victim of the police was completely innocent and they knew this by now with a month gone by. Yet they didn't even catch it or didn't care - example:

"Gary, a man at the protest who did not want to give his last name, says it's acceptable for police to go to extremes. "The police need to be able to sometimes ... if people are uncooperative - force them to cooperate. And sometimes for that, it requires force," he said.

See, this is the problem. People like this have metastasized throughout our society and actually believe this crap. A month had gone by - everyone in Seattle knew the victim was innocent, and yet it's baa baa baa the police are allowed to be storm troopers. And what's up with the chick cop crossing her arms as she zeroed in for the kick - tell me that wasn't sadistic sexual gratification.

"Gary" needs to watch the vid, never did the victim become uncooperative. To get kicked in the head for whipping sweat of your brow is absurd. It's not like he made a move to his waistband. And yeah, the chick is def getting off on some kind of S&M shit, you see her grin after stomping on his leg.

RJB
18th May 2010, 07:22 AM
The racial slur is a slight of hand.

I would be no less offended by a white officer who stomped on my head and called be "sir," than a black officer who stomped on my head and called me "honky." The racial aspect is just there to make us think "racism" instead of what we have... tyranny.

And if I was innocent and shoved around I wouldn't be very cooperative either

Twisted Titan
18th May 2010, 07:31 AM
"It can't be let to the idea that it's just a few bad apples,".............. "The fact that others stood by and did nothing shows that there's a deep-rooted problem ................. in the department. And that needs to be investigated."

This is why you as the cilvilian MUST ALWAYS back up the victim Because, as you can see, The cops back up their own.

Justice is just a vague concept.

God complex dripping from their foaming mouths and the use of it will always be beyond reproach.

Got that???

T

k-os
18th May 2010, 07:47 AM
The racial slur is a slight of hand.

I would be no less offended by a white officer who stomped on my head and called be "sir," than a black officer who stomped on my head and called me "honky." The racial aspect is just there to think "racism" instead of tyranny.

This is where I was going in my head, but you put it much more succinctly. Thanks.

Sock Puppy
18th May 2010, 07:53 AM
Pretty ugly.

I'm sorry to be a Seattle resident after seeing this.

--SP

RJB
18th May 2010, 07:57 AM
This is where I was going in my head, but you put it much more succinctly. Thanks.
Actually, your post prompted me to see it that way.

Olmstein
18th May 2010, 12:34 PM
The racial aspect is just there to think "racism" instead of tyranny.

Welcome to my sig line.