PDA

View Full Version : Pesticide Exposure May Contribute to ADHD, Study Finds

k-os
18th May 2010, 06:31 AM
So, wide-area airplane and/or truck spraying of pesticides . . . can we stop now?

ScienceDaily (May 17, 2010) — A team of scientists from the University of Montreal and Harvard University has discovered that exposure to organophosphate pesticides may be associated with increased risk of Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children.

Published in the journal Pediatrics, the investigation found a connection between exposure pesticides and the presence of symptoms of ADHD. The study focused on 1,139 children from the general U.S. population and measured pesticide levels in their urine.

The authors conclude that exposure to organophosphate pesticides, at levels common among U.S. children, may contribute to a diagnosis of ADHD.

Link to full story (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100517132846.htm)

optionT
18th May 2010, 01:54 PM
Sooooo......spraying our crops with dangerous chemicals is bad? Who would of thunk it? :oo-->

k-os
18th May 2010, 01:56 PM
Sooooo......spraying our crops with dangerous chemicals is bad? Who would of thunk it? :oo-->

I know, it's quite a leap, right? They get paid to study this stuff.

Sparky
18th May 2010, 05:19 PM
I went to the link, but couldn't seem to make it through the whole article.

k-os
18th May 2010, 06:36 PM

Nice! So they spray pesticides where you live?

Sparky
18th May 2010, 06:38 PM

Nice! So they spray pesticides where you live?

Did you say something?
;)