PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2010: The Next Stage That’s Coming is Political Collapse

Black Blade
18th May 2010, 06:31 AM
Summer 2010: The Next Stage That’s Coming is Political Collapse

Author: Mac Slavo
- May 14th, 2010

Mike Ruppert, a former LAPD investigator and the documentary filmmaker behind The Collapse movie, says that we’re out of time and the next phase of the collapse will begin no later than this summer:

Am I for secession? Against it? — I am resigned to it… either as a voluntary act or an ad hoc reality as collapse proceeds. The next stage that’s coming is political collapse which I believe will be triggered here when the nation realizes how bad the Deepwater Horizon leak really is and how it has been misled. As one commentator noted “Deepwater Horizon is the Three Mile Island of deep water oil exploration”. No more deepwater drilling and oil prices will spike for sure. — Or, it might come when Freddie and Fannie ask for another $50-100 billion, even as the Gulf coast’s foreclosure rate goes exponential and banks continue to fail. It might come in a massive cyber attack. Name your poison. It might come with an attack on Iran. There’s plenty of crisis around and we all know it. Pity the poor fools who are looking to buy houses now when they’ll be worth half as much in a year. It’s Darwinian deselection now. I can guarantee that the Pacific Northwest and California will balk at having their resources sent to bail out an unrecoverable Gulf Coast. I predicted that regional stress right after Katrina and Rita when I only saw another big hurricane hitting as a result of climate change. Deepwater Horizon is much, much worse.

I do not have to tell you all that we’re out of time. With the leak from Deepwater Horizon spewing at least 25,000 bpd and out of control — and with the EU’s “nuclear” bailout move having shot its wad in just one day, the writing is clear. It’s as clear as Japan’s near-to-imploding economy behind a debt that’s worse than Greece, with no IMF or EU to fall back on. It’s as clear as the explosives residue from a North Korean torpedo found on a sunken South Korean warship. It’s as clear as the tail-wagging-the-dog bs propaganda about Times Square terrorists from Pakistan. It’s as clear as China’s superheated, about-to-implode bubble coupled with its tectonic social problems. It’s as clear as the mass of forward-hedged oil purchases from a few weeks ago that blasted through the record of June 2008. My guess is that the actual depletion rate may be as high as 12% I do not know if we have days or weeks until the wheels come off. There can be no more bailouts. Oh, governments in Europe and the US might have to try and sell them, but I agree with the IMF assessment from a few months ago that said another round of bailouts would trigger massive civil unrest. And what we’re seeing now is new bailouts cutting into the banking system and bond spreads triggering a rise in rates and… inflation… Inflation.

Like I said in a scene that didn’t make the final cut of Collapse, The final blow to industrial civilization “will happen no later than the summer of 2010.”

Got milk, rice, beans, water, gold, guns, ammo and a SHTF survival plan?

If Mr. Ruppert is right then we’re out of time, and the only advice we can provide is: Buckle Up.

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/the-next-stage-thats-coming-is-political-collapse_05142010

Black Blade: Another possible scenario.

PatColo
19th May 2010, 12:49 PM
Pity the poor fools who are looking to buy houses now when they’ll be worth half as much in a year.

Jeez and I thought I was a real estate bear! I take as given that RE across the board will be at least 10% down this time next year, more likely 20-30%, but 50? I certainly allow for the possibility esp if TPTB orchestrate another major "day which changed everything" calamity again in the coming year; but otherwise RE 50% lower in a year would not be my first guess.

Taken in context of the whole Ruppert article, which the OP only quotes a portion of, we could speculate that Ruppert was just making an off-the-cuff, hyperbolic exaggeration to bring home the point of how dramatic of an economic cataclysm he predicts soon.

Here's the whole Ruppert article,
Collapsenet Launch Delayed - Collapse Proceeding (http://mikeruppert.blogspot.com/2010/05/collapsenet-launch-delayed-collapse.html)