PDA

View Full Version : Access to Fuel.

skid
19th May 2010, 06:03 PM
While things are relatively stable now with fuel supplies, that could change any time. When/if rationing starts, you could be SOL. How to gain access to fuel now?? Get a commercial account.

I recently got a commercial account at the local Chevron commercial card lock. I filled out the form which basically asks how much fuel you will use, and the name of your business or reason for the account. I do some farming, so I filled out farm use.

I think any reason could be used, as they seemed eager to open the account, and were only concerned with my credit rating.

When/if the lineups start at the retail pumps, you will have easy access to fuel. You also get a small discount over the retail price, fast pumps (some retail pumps take forever to fill a big tank), the ability to use marked gas (if you are a farmer), 24/7 access, and no questions asked if you stockpile fuel in a large tank.

zap
19th May 2010, 07:29 PM
That is a good idea if you don't live out in the country, if you do live out in the country invest in a above ground gas and diesel tank. (500 gal each)

skid
19th May 2010, 07:52 PM
Most country folk use a commercial account to fill those big tanks, or they get it delivered. The only way to get marked (tax free) gas/diesel is a commercial/farm account anyways. Where I live, to buy more than 100 dollars of fuel requires more than one pay at the pump transaction due to a new law.

zap
19th May 2010, 08:52 PM
Always a new law !

Ponce
21st May 2010, 07:13 PM
I was dealing with the Chevron owner here in town........silver for gas, WTSHTF I'll be one of those with a secured gas supply.