PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Sugar Cookie Recipe

Book
20th May 2010, 07:17 AM
http://davethejanitor.com/images/nazi%20cookies.jpg

K-os suggested that I broaden my posted thread topics, so this morning I wish to share with you all my mom's recipe for sugar cookies:

1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cup flour

I’m not sure exactly if her mixing was different either time usually she mixes in this order: sugar and fats together till creamy, add eggs till fluffy, add dry ingredients that have been combined beforehand, and end with vanilla.

Bake at 325 degrees in a convection oven.

:)

sunshine05
20th May 2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks Book. I will try it next time I make them, which is usually only around Christmas time.

Saul Mine
20th May 2010, 08:57 PM
For a bit of creativity, such as to entertain a group of kids for an afternoon, use the recipe on the back of a Quaker Oats box. There is one trick: whiz the oats in a blender before use. Everything else in the recipe can be substituted. Use all white sugar and you get sugar cookies. Use peanut butter instead of shortening and you get peanut butter balls. You can add ginger and make gingerbread men, almond slices and almond flavoring, rum, cherry flavor, endless variations.

For frosting, beat butter and add powdered sugar until it looks about right. Separate into small batches and add food coloring. Put the frosting in a sandwich bag and cut off a SMALL part of one corner. Now you can twist this in your hand and squeeze out the frosting for decorating the cookies.

This is handy for Christmas cookies because you can make dozens of different types all with just one recipe.

Book
20th May 2010, 09:00 PM
Put the frosting in a sandwich bag and cut off a SMALL part of one corner. Now you can twist this in your hand and squeeze out the frosting for decorating the cookies.

This is very clever!

:D

sunshine05
21st May 2010, 11:07 AM
Um.....Book??? That photo wasn't there the other day was it? :) If it was I missed it.

ximmy
21st May 2010, 11:27 AM
The correct order of the master mix is the most important part.

k-os
21st May 2010, 11:33 AM
Oh, Book, I had no idea I inspired this thread. I would have commented sooner.

The picture is funny, and the recipe is appreciated.

http://davethejanitor.com/images/nazi%20cookies.jpg

I would think by looking at your grandma's cookies that you wouldn't want to MIX anything to make them. You would want them in some pure form. And forget baking them altogether, because it makes them turn brown.

Book
21st May 2010, 12:41 PM
Oh, Book, I had no idea I inspired this thread. I would have commented sooner.

The picture is funny, and the recipe is appreciated.

Maybe you will (finally) understand that I am here mostly to express my sardonic humor. Don't take thread debates personally or too seriously. GSUS should be a fun place where we can debate and learn K-os.

|--0--|

k-os
21st May 2010, 12:43 PM
Maybe you will (finally) understand that I am here mostly to express my sardonic humor. Don't take thread debates personally or too seriously. GSUS should be a fun place where we can debate and learn K-os.

|--0--|

Peace, bro. |--0--|