PDA

View Full Version : Platinum/Palladium

DMac
20th May 2010, 07:27 AM
Do you think we will continue to plummet? I'm debating taking a walk today or this weekend to the coin shop and splurging on some Pt.

I always enjoy more Pd. Perhaps it's time for more of that as well??

??? ??? ???

Ifyouseekay
20th May 2010, 07:38 AM
I'm a bit perplexed as well. I think there's uncertainty about future consumption. It could also be as simple as shaking out the weak hands. Either way, I'm holding what I currently have and will add more if the price is right.

DMac
20th May 2010, 07:50 AM
My thought is to trade an ounce of gold + a little cash for 3 ounces of Pd.

Neuro
20th May 2010, 09:40 AM
My thought is to trade an ounce of gold + a little cash for 3 ounces of Pd.

I don't think you can go wrong with that long term, probably you will soon be able to trade the Pd 1:1 or even better for Au, what soon is I have no idea of and before soon happens you may see 1:5... A few more days of this slaughter is all we need... When it comes to Pd and Pt we seem to br in the stage of the falling knife, probably better to wait until it bounces before catching it, but of course the best profit is to catch it right when it hits rockbottom, the bounce may very well cost you 10%!

DMac
20th May 2010, 10:03 AM
I got soft. Bought more silver instead. Just can't cure my silver addiction!!!

Neuro
20th May 2010, 10:06 AM
Silver you can never have too much of... LOL!

philo beddoe
20th May 2010, 10:18 AM
I sold all my pd at $485, watched it go to $560. Now its on fire sale again. In 2008, a palladium drop preceded the general crash. This drop is not just a pullback.

Neuro
20th May 2010, 10:42 AM
I sold all my pd at $485, watched it go to $560. Now its on fire sale again. In 2008, a palladium drop preceded the general crash. This drop is not just a pullback.

I Think you are right, where will the lines be drawn? A thousand dollar gold and $12 Silver (with a 5 dollar premium?) At this point the dollar is already very strong, if it doesn't continue strengthening I would find it difficult to beleive that the POG would continue down much further, maybe a tad more. We could see a turnaround, the situation is not identical to 2008, at that point the dollar was weak in the low 70's, now it is in the high 80's, the outcome may be different this time!

philo beddoe
20th May 2010, 10:45 AM

I Think you are right, where will the lines be drawn? A thousand dollar gold and $12 Silver (with a 5 dollar premium?) At this point the dollar is already very strong, if it doesn't continue strengthening I would find it difficult to beleive that the POG would continue down much further, maybe a tad more. We could see a turnaround, the situation is not identical to 2008, at that point the dollar was weak in the low 70's, now it is in the high 80's, the outcome may be different this time!
Truly, where will everything be when the smoke clears? I noticed gold always holds up the best during market shakeups.