PDA

View Full Version : Teen Suspended For Wearing Rosary Beads To School

Book
21st May 2010, 08:38 PM
Teen Suspended For Wearing Rosary Beads To School

Administration Bars Students From Wearing Beads Because They May Be Gang-Related

SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (CBS) ― May 21, 2010

Raymond Hosier, 13, was suspended from his Schenectady, N.Y. school for wearing rosary beads. The school said students are barred from wearing beads because they may be gang-related.

Raymond Hosier was sent home for two days over the religious symbol, visible outside his clothing.

His school district in Schenectady said students are not allowed to wear beads out of concern they may be gang-related. Hosier, however, said they're comforting since the loss of his brother and uncle.

"I was just mad that they were suspending me for rosary beads and I told them I wasn't in a gang and they must resemble my brother and uncle," he said.

Hosier said he refuses to take them off, and he could be suspended again if he wears them to school on Monday.

http://wcbstv.com/local/rosary.beads.suspension.2.1707928.html

:oo-->

1970 Silver Art
21st May 2010, 08:41 PM
I guess that he will be suspended again from school Monday. Bummer...........

Quantum
22nd May 2010, 02:20 AM
I'm not Catholic, but I'd be wearing beads and a large crucifix the next day.

illumin19
22nd May 2010, 01:54 PM
You might as well ban Nike's or Reebok's too.

I remeber my rosary beads I used to have from catechism......that I never completed ;D

Something about going into a little dark place with another man I don't know to tell the most private things about me always didn't sit well with me.........especially being 7? or so......