PDA

View Full Version : Julio Aparicio GORED IN THROAT During Bullfight (GRAPHIC PHOTOS)

Twisted Titan
23rd May 2010, 05:42 PM
Speechless.

LITERALLY.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/22/julio-aparicio-gored-in-t_n_585941.html

Rubberchicken
23rd May 2010, 05:49 PM
"You mess with the bull and your gonna get the horn(s)" :o

SLV^GLD
23rd May 2010, 05:55 PM
Go, Bull!!! I always root for the bull in a bull-fight. The bull isn't the one being a blooming idiot so I take his side.

zap
23rd May 2010, 05:57 PM
Jesus, thats going to leave a mark! ;)

Liquid
23rd May 2010, 05:58 PM
Go, Bull!!! I always root for the bull in a bull-fight. The bull isn't the one being a blooming idiot so I take his side.

+1.

Plus, as bad as it looks, all major arteries and veins were not impacted. It's a flesh wound, walk it off soldier!

Ponce
23rd May 2010, 06:07 PM
+2 I am always for the underdog.........if the knew that they were going to loose 2 out of 5 times they would not do it..........same as hunting, give the deer a rifle to make it into a fair fight, I'll train the deer for free.

Twisted Titan
23rd May 2010, 06:19 PM
Can someone just rip that pic and make it a jpeg???

T

willie pete
23rd May 2010, 06:24 PM
Actually I think it looks much worst than it was, maybe missing a few teeth, didn't appear it fractured his jaw, all in all, he got very lucky, I think he may want to consider retirement :D

MoShaniqua
23rd May 2010, 06:31 PM
It's great to see the bull fight back and gore this f*kr. Brings a smile to my face.

SLV^GLD
23rd May 2010, 06:45 PM
Critical condition

Impaled tongue, perforated palate, fractured jaw

This does not sound like no big deal, to me.

I suppose I'm just a wussy.

zap
23rd May 2010, 06:47 PM
Critical condition

Yes a big deal but I bet he will be fine.

Liquid
23rd May 2010, 06:49 PM
Critical condition

Sure doesn't sound like critical condition to me though. A bad day, yes, but as long as no major organs are affected....

He will patch up just fine.

hey, score one for the bull. The fella should be happy this wasn't a career ender.

willie pete
23rd May 2010, 06:55 PM
Critical condition

Fractured jaw? maybe, couldn't tell, perforated palate? doesn't appear to be, looks more like an in-and-out sublingual distal trauma, it does appear he might of lost some teeth though, a hell of a lot better than if he had taken one to the kidneys

SLV^GLD
23rd May 2010, 06:58 PM
Why do you people argue with me when my words come from the article no one is bothering to read?

I'm not just guessing at this, I'm throwing up what few words the article did use.

StackerKen
23rd May 2010, 06:59 PM

T

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/168355/JULIO-APARICIO-GORED.jpg

Liquid
23rd May 2010, 07:02 PM
Why do you people argue with me when my words come from the article no one is bothering to read?

I'm not just guessing at this, I'm throwing up what few words the article did use.

Because we question things? ;D

No way that's critical condition. His airway should be fine, the only damage was to flesh, not even his jaw seemed affected.

1970 Silver Art
23rd May 2010, 07:08 PM

T

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/168355/JULIO-APARICIO-GORED.jpg

All I have to say is this.......................

EPIC OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

StackerKen
23rd May 2010, 07:16 PM
that guy was really lucky...stupid...and lucky

willie pete
23rd May 2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not arguing with anyone, just giving an opinion on what's observed, looking at the photos available, it doesn't appear to be any involvment of the maxilla, as far as a fractured jaw, sure it's possible, Head/neck structures look intact, he's breathing and walked away, sure it's no cut on the finger, but it could've been extremely worst

For Instance: (a ColonHornoscopy :lol)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9960/matadorgoredinthebutt.jpg

Horn
23rd May 2010, 07:21 PM
The Horn strikes back. Uughhh!!!

kregener
23rd May 2010, 07:21 PM
I am only guessing here, but if this guy had a job as say...a taxi driver...this would never had happened.

Well, the odds would be like...astronomical anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKkoslTNU6k

EE_
23rd May 2010, 07:30 PM
I got to go to a bull fight in Seville, Spain back in 2001/2002, ant it is quite amazing to see!
It reall gets your adrenalin going, especially when the bull about leaps over the ring in front of you. (7th row up)
The bull gets his licks in more then you might think.
I saw one matador get charged and thrown through the air...he looked like he got hit by a Mack truck and his shoes were left where he was standing.
That's the price they pay for getting all the hot young Spanish chicks.

willie pete
23rd May 2010, 07:33 PM
I got to go to a bull fight in Seville, Spain back in 2001/2002, ant it is quite amazing to see!
It reall gets your adrenalin going, especially when the bull about leaps over the ring in front of you. (7th row up)
I saw one matador get charged and thrown through the air...he looked like he got hit by a Mack truck and his shoes were left where he was standing.

Yep, diversity in culture, if you were to stabb a bull or any animal here in the US with a sword, from a sporting stand-point, you'd be arrested for animal cruelty

SLV^GLD
23rd May 2010, 07:45 PM
After watching an actual video of the event I am agreement that the injuries are not all they were cracked up to be.

I had imagined a much more protracted scenario with much more thrashing and whatnot.

EE_
23rd May 2010, 07:54 PM

Yep, diversity in culture, if you were to stabb a bull or any animal here in the US with a sword, from a sporting stand-point, you'd be arrested for animal cruelty

Same goes for nudity. The ladies that come to Spain drop all their clothes off anywhere near a beach. Here they would be locked up.
An amazing amount of 6'+ tall girls were there to gawk at, Scandinavian girls!

crazychicken
23rd May 2010, 08:36 PM

T

Right click on the picture and "save as".

CC

mamboni
23rd May 2010, 08:55 PM
That Matador has a lot of guts, walking away from that goring. A lesser man would have passed out. To those who underestimate the danger these men place themselves in, this is a reminder. Call it machismo, or gratuitous brutality or a genuine test of a man's courage with his very life at stake; bull fighting is a 2,000 year old tradition that harkens from the days of the Romans. That it has stood the test of all these centuries virtually unchanged is deserving of our serious consideration. Modern sensibilities seem to fall well short of understanding bullfighting.

kregener
23rd May 2010, 09:00 PM
Forget bullfighting.

Tigerfighting is really da bomb....

willie pete
23rd May 2010, 09:03 PM
Forget bullfighting.

Tigerfighting is really da bomb....

Tiger fighting takes boulder balls :lol problem though, the matches don't last very long... :D

EE_
23rd May 2010, 09:31 PM
That Matador has a lot of guts, walking away from that goring. A lesser man would have passed out. To those who underestimate the danger these men place themselves in, this is a reminder. Call it machismo, or gratuitous brutality or a genuine test of a man's courage with his very life at stake; bull fighting is a 2,000 year old tradition that harkens from the days of the Romans. That it has stood the test of all these centuries virtually unchanged is deserving of our serious consideration. Modern sensibilities seem to fall well short of understanding bullfighting.

I know I respect the courage they have to get in there with a 2,000 lb pissed off beast. Like I said, they get all the hottest Spanish girls and they bring roses for them too! I saw this first hand.

Large Sarge
24th May 2010, 06:19 AM
Dr. Mamboni can verify how close that horn came to the carotid arteries.

had the horn lacerated either artery, Mr. Bullfighter would likely have been carried out of the stadium on a stretcher, to the morgue

if that animal had given his head (attached to that massive/powerful neck) a good shaking, while he was hooked to the animal.

He would have been dead IMO

either the artery severed, or a broken neck.

those animals are very very strong.

he got really really lucky that day.

gunDriller
24th May 2010, 06:30 AM
Dr. Mamboni can verify how close that horn came to the carotid arteries.

had the horn lacerated either artery, Mr. Bullfighter would likely have been carried out of the stadium on a stretcher, to the morgue

if that animal had given his head (attached to that massive/powerful neck) a good shaking, while he was hooked to the animal.

He would have been dead IMO

either the artery severed, or a broken neck.

those animals are very very strong.

he got really really lucky that day.

true. just one shake of the head and it rips off the bullfighter's lower jaw.

now that would have been picturesque. 8) :o