SHTF2010
24th May 2010, 06:28 AM
Do what you can with what you have where you are

Robert Waldrop ?

use it up
wear it out
make it do
or do without

I think what is most important is a mental preparedness. A preparedness to leave everything that is not essential to your immediate survival at very short notice, and not get depressed, bitter and angry about loosing it. Further it will be important to be emotionally flexible, when it comes to pride, moral, friendships...Stubbornness and a positive yet realistic mindset will get you through easier...

Neuro Artist

My freedom is more important than your good idea.

Bumper Sticker

"Disaster" is merely an inconvienence when you are prepared for it.

TN...Andy

In the world before the war people were throwing away things that people would kill for nowadays...

- The Book of Eli

When you see people with next to nothing enjoy life so much more than US
you wake up quick to the fact that stuff isnt what makes you happy

cigarlover

...Do you rely on anyone else to support you or are you self-sufficient?

That is THE question.

Who are you dependent on for survival?
If the answer is anything other than "self"..then you have some work to do

Juristic Person

feel free to add your own quotes regarding self-sufficiency

Saul Mine
24th May 2010, 07:57 PM
TSHTF starts when all your preps are lost or destroyed.
- Saul Mine

SHTF2010
29th May 2010, 05:28 AM
i put this one up on my wall

In TEOTWAWKI, less may actually be more. After all, civilization began with a dull rock and a sharp rock - one for smashing and one for cutting. That's all we really need to start again, and that may be all we can salvage. Don't let our relatively comfortable lives of today control our thinking about tomorrow. We must think more like the Indians, the pioneers, and the mountain men did. In other words, Keep It Simple Survivalist (KISS). To think otherwise may be our undoing. - Wry Catcher in Northern California

http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/05/letter_re_i_thought_that_i_had.html

kregener
29th May 2010, 06:55 AM
"The black family unit that had survived 150 years of slavery was decimated in less than 30 years by welfare payments that stopped if the family structure remained intact." ~ Larry Burkett, March 3, 1939 – July 4, 2003