PDA

View Full Version : Explosion on the Sea Floor for Gulf Crisis (major changes below)

Large Sarge
25th May 2010, 03:53 AM
http://monkeyfister.blogspot.com/2010/05/major-change-down-below.html

Large Sarge
25th May 2010, 03:55 AM
he has lots of pics and video, you need to goto the link/site

copy and paste would not do justice

Large Sarge
25th May 2010, 03:59 AM
more pics here

http://monkeyfister.blogspot.com/

from what I am reading/understanding, the leak has now gotten away from pipeline all together, is coming up through the seafloor.

I know they were worried about the sand/grit eating away the pipeline

I think the pressure is so great, it has made a whole new exit on the seafloor.

striped_bear
25th May 2010, 04:08 AM
Holy shit.......

jedemdasseine
25th May 2010, 04:16 AM
Is it possible to even stop it at this point?

Jazkal
25th May 2010, 04:49 AM
Is it possible to even stop it at this point?

I'm betting they will use a nuke to seal the hole.

Spectrism
25th May 2010, 05:03 AM
Nuke or other uncontrolled demolition would be a bad mistake.

They need to cut off the riser, pull the drill pipe- and insert a deep plug down the throat of the BOP. If they don't get it down to the reservoir 18,000 feet below the sea bed, I think their chances of success are minimal and possibly temporary. A seal at the well head (BOP) will see a gradually rising pressure as gas fills the 18,000 foot well. This will make the pressure rise by more than 6000psi and exceed 20,000psia. The block must be as low in the well as they can get it.

It is possible that they can seal the top of the BOP and press down cement to seal the well deep. They would need a pump capable of pushing more than 10,000 psi. Good luck with that.

Very dangerous mission if they take it seriously.

EE_
25th May 2010, 05:06 AM
Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick...we are fu(ked!

http://media.jesusoftheweek.com/1328676.0.gif

Large Sarge
25th May 2010, 05:09 AM
I guess it depends how far down the split from the mainwell/pipeline has occurred (to breach the sea floor)

if it is very far, then even relief well are pointless.

I still think a nuke, that was perhaps 5000 feet down into the seafloor, in a vicinity of the existing gusher (let the engineers figure it out)

would create enough pressure, to literally move enough earth to close the well.

Either that or a massive HAARP to shift the earth

striped_bear
25th May 2010, 05:14 AM
The idea of the oil/gas ripping through the seabed around the current well scares the shit out of me. I don't know if humans have the technology to stop something like that, aside from possibly the nuke or other high powered explosive option that has been mentioned.

I think that BP has tapped into some incredible force here that our current science truly does not understand.

MNeagle
25th May 2010, 10:48 AM
This will only complicate things even more so.

ximmy
25th May 2010, 11:23 AM
Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick...we are fu(ked!

http://media.jesusoftheweek.com/1328676.0.gif

That's the least of our worries...
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s222/chrisneros/jesus.gif

Quantum
25th May 2010, 12:36 PM

Why? A nuclear explosive is the only hope of stopping this.

keehah
25th May 2010, 01:17 PM
http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0525/bp-cut-live-feed-top-kill/

BP informed Rep. Markey’s office that the live feed would be terminated some time early Wednesday morning, and would continue to be offline until after the attempt at the so-called 'top kill' is completed," the statement continued.

The news that the live feed will be cut off has alarmed some environmentalists and bloggers, who have been using the footage to make their own assessments of the oil spill, independently of BP's own reports.

...“It is outrageous that BP would kill the video feed for the top kill," Markey said in his statement. "This BP blackout will obscure a vital moment in this disaster."

MAGNES
25th May 2010, 01:24 PM
Everything stinks.

Imagine the pressure of the sea at that level,
imagine the pressure of the oil pushing up at
huge rates that vary wildly.

I think they did this on purpose.
We already posted good info as to
who is involved and why.

Oil has made it to the beaches and
and nothing is being done yet and
two farmers proved that hay/straw
alone will clean it up. HAL has the
contracts to clean it up. lol

Gaillo
25th May 2010, 02:48 PM
Everything stinks.

Imagine the pressure of the sea at that level,
imagine the pressure of the oil pushing up at
huge rates that vary wildly.

I think they did this on purpose.
We already posted good info as to
who is involved and why.

Oil has made it to the beaches and
and nothing is being done yet and
two farmers proved that hay/straw
alone will clean it up. HAL has the
contracts to clean it up. lol

Yep. The longer this fiasco goes on, the more convinced I'm becoming that it was done intentionally.

mick silver
25th May 2010, 04:00 PM
ponce maybe right there maybe a lot of people die from this ... this has went on to long

mick silver
25th May 2010, 04:01 PM
what get me is there should be more news about this ... but no the tv new is missing again

gunDriller
25th May 2010, 04:27 PM
http://www.theoildrum.com/

/\ good website if you want to hear oil industry geologists, riggers, engineers etc. talk about the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

basically it's a bunch of geologists talking shop.

i don't find monkeyfister to be credible - yet.

keehah
25th May 2010, 04:48 PM
A comment:
http://www.theoildrum.com/node/6505

I listened to the informative conference call yesterday, the BP technical review, and the call this morning.

I came away with the junk shot being off the table. They seem convinced the flow is coming from around a casing string, the main blockages are down hole,and the riser kink is not contributing much to a reduction (5-15%)of flow and pressure.

Shelburn and others, correct me if I am wrong but the comments relating to some of BOP rams being partially shot shut may indicate that the junk shot materials would not seal and instead shoot up to the riser kink.

Everybody talks about the golf balls but I have never heard them specifically related to this well. It was picked up early on but in reference to an example of material used in other areas. They have said they built a mock-up onshore a while back and tested all kind of materials to use in this size of pipe with the bends and such. They designed the manifold to be able to insert "junk" and switch to it if they wanted to but now it is not even in the first 4 alternatives that have been presented.

Assuming no big change when they do the pressure measurements and tests today they sound much more bullish on going ahead with the cutting of the riser if the top shot does not work (if the leak upside is only another 10% or so )then it is only the time to cut and prepare the flange for the new collection tool that will have full flow. They appear to have learned a great deal from the tools used so far. I noticed that a "hot tap" in the horizontal riser was shown as option "4" on the BP chart but was not discussed in yesterday's tech review.

Large Sarge
25th May 2010, 04:51 PM
I would like to see some comparisons on the real PSI of this thing (reported as high as 70,000 PSI) and the average PSI for a well

if I knew the real numbers there, I could get an idea of their real chance of success.

Horn
25th May 2010, 05:35 PM
Release the Kraken... :o

Spectrism
25th May 2010, 06:03 PM

Why? A nuclear explosive is the only hope of stopping this.

Where would you blow it? What are the dynamics of the pipeline? What is the geology of the mud sea bed? What's to stop oil from coming up in 10 places after you blast part of the pipe?

Figure on 20,000 psi in the oil reservoir. Figure on 2000 feet (maybe 10,000 feet?) of soft mud on the sea bed that would not stop a gushing oil flow.

If you leave enough pipeline at the bottom (several thousand feet) you create a pin and balloon point.

striped_bear
25th May 2010, 06:07 PM
Why don't they just put a new pipe around the end of the broken pipe, all the way up to the surface. Their business clearly revolves around installing ridiculously long lengths of pipe under water...

It seems like they are not even trying here.

GoldenPoet
25th May 2010, 06:29 PM
Why don't they just put a new pipe around the end of the broken pipe, all the way up to the surface. Their business clearly revolves around installing ridiculously long lengths of pipe under water...

It seems like they are not even trying here.

I agree. This is genocide of people, plants, sealife, airlife.

sirgonzo420
25th May 2010, 07:27 PM
Guys, quit worrying so much!

I'm sure the government is on the case!

Terry853
25th May 2010, 07:41 PM

They need to cut off the riser, pull the drill pipe- and insert a deep plug down the throat of the BOP. If they don't get it down to the reservoir 18,000 feet below the sea bed, I think their chances of success are minimal and possibly temporary. A seal at the well head (BOP) will see a gradually rising pressure as gas fills the 18,000 foot well. This will make the pressure rise by more than 6000psi and exceed 20,000psia. The block must be as low in the well as they can get it.

It is possible that they can seal the top of the BOP and press down cement to seal the well deep. They would need a pump capable of pushing more than 10,000 psi. Good luck with that.

The BOP is GONE!! Plus the casing has been washed out (sandblasted) an unknown number of feet below the ocean floor..

Spectrism
25th May 2010, 07:45 PM

The BOP is GONE!! Plus the casing has been washed out (sandblasted) an unknown number of feet below the ocean floor..

How do you figure the BOP is gone?

Desolation LineTrimmer
25th May 2010, 07:46 PM
Are we watching the beginning of 2012?

Buddha
25th May 2010, 08:41 PM
Are we watching the beginning of 2012?

I must say, this makes all other entertainment look like just that, fictional bullshit.

We sure live in interesting times

Terry853
26th May 2010, 01:07 AM
There are reports of a 40 foot hole where the BOPS used to be..The blowout is now much larger than it was. They are running a looped tape of the footage of the bops.

Defender
26th May 2010, 03:09 AM
There are reports of a 40 foot hole where the BOPS used to be..The blowout is now much larger than it was. They are running a looped tape of the footage of the bops.
Reports, where?