PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the live video of the live oil "leak"........

Ponce
26th May 2010, 08:07 PM
Man oh man, it looks to me like a locomotive going full speed ahead or like an angry volcano just getting ready to blow its top.......freakins scary.

Predicting temperature of 85 for tomorrow and that some oil will "evaporate" plus also a thunderstom.

http://www.wkrg.com/gulf_oil_spill/spill_cam/

Ponce
26th May 2010, 08:11 PM
Something that I noticed in the live video.........some of the oil is coming from a crack on the ground, from between rocks, and not from the pipe itself.

Chibioz
26th May 2010, 08:23 PM
I was noticing that too. I've been watching it all day, recently it has started spewing from those small cracks/holes very violently.

I had heard something about a temporary increase in the pressure by 15-20% as part of the top kill maneuver they are attempting, but this is really something. I'd hate to think what the big crater leak looks like right now.

Ponce
26th May 2010, 08:29 PM
OK, whats happening.........the force of the oil coming out from between the rocks itself is "eating" away the sides of the hole making them BIGGER hence more oil will be coming out..........the killing machine will work only on the pipe itself but by the time that they get it in place the bypass in between the rocks will be a lot BIGGER so that it will be worse than what was coming out of the pipe...

We are in trouble.....the general area of the leak is not even and flat and that in itself means trouble to be able to stop the "leak" from between the rocks.

Chibioz
26th May 2010, 08:53 PM
I am having a hard time keeping track of the leaks.

I know that there is 1. The big open pipe that is spewing out, and 2. The big crater leak that spewed like a volcano in past videos.

What is playing now is the close up view of several tiny holes that are leaking out of what is possibly a rock. Is this leak playing now the same leak that is at the bottom of the crater, or is this a 3rd leak?

Horn
26th May 2010, 09:01 PM
Something that I noticed in the live video.........some of the oil is coming from a crack on the ground, from between rocks, and not from the pipe itself.

Think that's the perimeter of the cement well head?

If they're still at it in the morning, that's probably a good sign.

I like this method much better than that stupid little dome crap.

Ponce
26th May 2010, 09:48 PM
Up till now I have been able to count either four of five places from the the oil is coming out from..........they just might have to use a mini nuke, and pray that it doesn't cave in the whole thing and all the oil of the Gulf comes out.

Horn
26th May 2010, 10:21 PM
Up till now I have been able to count either four of five places from the the oil is coming out from..........they just might have to use a mini nuke, and pray that it doesn't cave in the whole thing and all the oil of the Gulf comes out.

That's mud coming outta there, the same amount of oil (or a little less) is just mixed up with heavy mud.

Kinda like the muds philo used to talk about. :puke

cigarlover
26th May 2010, 10:27 PM
I dont think the whole thing will cave in. Its 2 miles thick that they drilled through at least. What they really have to worry about is going through the oil deeper into the crust. If they do they could drain the entire oceans and all the water will be gone. ;D

I think our leader should earn his nobel Peace prize and sacrifice himself to plug the leak. Tie a heavy anchor on him and drop him in the hole. If he isnt big enough we can start sending congresscritters to fill the gaps.

Defender
26th May 2010, 10:34 PM
They just panned down a little bit. The current scene is the top of a cylinder. The BOP perhaps?

Horn
26th May 2010, 10:41 PM
My biggest concern is that if it's fixed the people of the Gulf states and Florida will think there is some sort of hope left. :-\

Kali
26th May 2010, 11:03 PM
I rather see them pack it with golf balls.

Neuro
26th May 2010, 11:23 PM
OK, whats happening.........the force of the oil coming out from between the rocks itself is "eating" away the sides of the hole making them BIGGER hence more oil will be coming out..........the killing machine will work only on the pipe itself but by the time that they get it in place the bypass in between the rocks will be a lot BIGGER so that it will be worse than what was coming out of the pipe...

We are in trouble.....the general area of the leak is not even and flat and that in itself means trouble to be able to stop the "leak" from between the rocks.

I saw the cracks view about 8 hours ago, before I went to sleep, at this point it looks like they are spewing out ten times as much, further there are 2 cracks in the middle that looks like it may become one huge hole... This is out of control.

Horn
26th May 2010, 11:40 PM

I saw the cracks view about 8 hours ago, before I went to sleep, at this point it looks like they are spewing out ten times as much, further there are 2 cracks in the middle that looks like it may become one huge hole... This is out of control.

It's not like they're doing a dental procedure down there?

Shoot it full a lead, concrete, hell throw shoes at it whatever it takes...damn the robots throw those on too.

Just make it stop, if it goes on any longer they may have to close the entire gulf down.

It's impossible to make it worse than it already is. Fingers crossed...

mick silver
27th May 2010, 12:10 AM
live link not working

Defender
27th May 2010, 12:45 AM
The PBS feeds at the bottom of this page are working:
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/05/liveblogging-top-kill.html

Serpo
27th May 2010, 02:14 AM
According to some one I just talked too in the oil industry,a baseball size of stuff ,oil or gas you see coming out of the pipe expands to the size of a room by the time it reaches the surface.

Chibioz
27th May 2010, 03:20 AM
As pointed out by this helpful video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEtQo1u9JWE&feature=player_embedded

The feed is repeating the same few second long loop right now, with the timer overlayed to make it look live. At first I didn't believe it, but then I looked closely at the feed and it pauses at the same spot every few seconds and resets. It looks like a little lag in the feed if you aren't paying attention but it is actually resetting the loop.

I wonder what they don't want us to see?

osoab
27th May 2010, 03:58 AM
As pointed out by this helpful video:

The feed is repeating the same few second long loop right now, with the timer overlayed to make it look live. At first I didn't believe it, but then I looked closely at the feed and it pauses at the same spot every few seconds and resets. It looks like a little lag in the feed if you aren't paying attention but it is actually resetting the loop.

I wonder what they don't want us to see?

When I was watching about 8 to 9 last night. The oil/mud crap covered the bp feed rov cam completely. Then we get the clear screen with the jets going up in slightly uniform manner. I know ocean currents would move the spew, but the videos go from completly obscurrred to clear rather suddenly.

When I was watching the bp feed last night, I saw what looked like the cement stuff moving up and down. It was @ the left side as your viewing. The whiter plume @ its bottom right side by the "cracks"

bp feed (http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html)

I would like to see the riser pipe were its connected to the BOP. I have not seen this fora couple of days.

Another shot ot the riser pipe on the floor would be nice to see now too.

Call me paranoid, but the videos could be looped.

Chibioz
27th May 2010, 04:01 AM
When I was watching about 8 to 9 last night. The oil/mud crap covered the bp feed rov cam completely. Then we get the clear screen with the jets going up in slightly uniform manner. I know ocean currents would move the spew, but the videos go from completly obscurrred to clear rather suddenly.

When I was watching the bp feed last night, I saw what looked like the cement stuff moving up and down. It was @ the left side as your viewing. The whiter plume @ its bottom right side by the "cracks"

bp feed (http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html)

I would like to see the riser pipe were its connected to the BOP. I have not seen this fora couple of days.

Another shot ot the riser pipe on the floor would be nice to see now too.

Call me paranoid, but the videos could be looped.

I do not think you are paranoid at all. I am now convinced that the stream that is playing right now is looped. I see a brief, repeating reset pause now about every 15-20 seconds.

osoab
27th May 2010, 04:11 AM
I do not think you are paranoid at all. I am now convinced that the stream that is playing right now is looped. I see a brief, repeating reset pause now about every 15-20 seconds.

It just could be feed issues with the servers along with the time delay from the ROV's to the surface and then onto where ever next.

But the feed seems to stop and then gets going again.

It's kind of a pain to concentrate on one area to watch. I have been looking @ the left side plume and the flow of the oil/gas @ the far left side. It looks like the flow/plumes repeat.

Chibioz
27th May 2010, 04:35 AM
The feed briefly went dead and now it looks like we've potentially got some live video footage coming in. All I see is a ROV (remote operated vehicle) floating around right now.

Good thing too. I was getting tired of that loop. :P

k-os
27th May 2010, 04:43 AM
I noticed it was repeating yesterday (and going backwards), but I thought that would be crazy to have a timer on it and call it "live" while looping. :oo-->

Cebu_4_2
27th May 2010, 05:20 AM
Whoaaa, cool, their doing something now.

edit: back to that same cam, really I saw them doing something! :-\