PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here into commercial real estate?

Kali
27th May 2010, 11:39 PM
There's what seems to be a few decent buys around here. Some places I estimate you can get your purchase price back in around 12-15 years or maybe less.

I never bought any commercial real estate though...just doing a little research as I'm looking for a way to diversify a bit from my main biz.

I still think the market will probably tank more but not sure how certain on that.

Any info would help.

My guess is that most will say not to mess with it right now.

Kali
28th May 2010, 12:52 PM
No one?

kregener
28th May 2010, 02:41 PM
Run away from this idea like it was on fire and hungry for your flesh.

bonaparte
28th May 2010, 02:41 PM
I'm in the process of looking for an apartment complex to buy. Usually with the commercial stuff the banks are going to want 20% down. Also, you need to decide what kind of commercial real estate you want, if you or somebody else is going to run it, and how the whole thing will actually cash flow, if you will be able to keep tenents, ect......

Good luck. I just started my search into apartments in the last week or so, so I don't know if things will work out yet, but if you can pull it off, a little extra income from others labor isn't a bad thing at all.

Dave Thomas
28th May 2010, 02:51 PM
Uhh commercial real estate is not done imploding.

Do this, go into any suburb, especially where there was recently new development.

Pinch yourself every time you see a sign in a strip mall that says "For Lease"

When you see a large office building that went down to FastSigns and got a big vinyl banner that says "For Lease" hit yourself.

OK comedy routine aside:

Actually I'd look into Commercial moving.

I've had a lot of customers that rather than renegotiating their lease, they flat out move to cheaper office digs.

You wouldn't believe how much movers charge to move one cubicle to another office building.

Ponce
28th May 2010, 03:09 PM
I don't know about comercial real state but if you were to buy a house for a dollar you would be paying the $3,750 in taxes every year that was at one time.