PDA

View Full Version : I took a tour of the inland quagmire (Riverside County, CA)

EE_
28th May 2010, 02:45 PM
This morning a fuel tanker rolled and blew up on the 91 spyway...so I took a tour of Corona, Norco and on up to the 60 west on down to the 57.
Traffic was horrendous!
From what I saw, I get the feeling California is doomed! Okay, I know it is.
Some of the areas I haven't seen in a while, are literally coming apart at the seems. Empty stores, buildings and abandon projects are everywhere.
Roads are crumbling with no road crews in sight.
You would have to be blind not to see it.
California is broke!

JDRock
28th May 2010, 02:47 PM
cali was a paradise till the minorities took over.

StackerKen
28th May 2010, 03:03 PM

well HB is still semi paradise.

http://www.izand.com/webpix/Postcards/large/1333-Postcard.jpg

My wife was standing on that pier when she took my avatar photo :)

I love that place

JDRock
28th May 2010, 03:06 PM
your right ken, HB is the bomb

RJB
28th May 2010, 03:09 PM
Stacker, I wish you'd take down that avatar. I was a regular surfer at Topanga beach when I lived in Cali. I haven't been on a board in about 6 years and that was North Carolina waves. >:(

Back on topic, any pics? I haven't been to So Cal since the 90s.

Apparition
28th May 2010, 03:17 PM
Living in Northern California, I can definitely say that there's not much class or concern around here.

Many of the youths look like pathetic sloppy, hip-hop, gangster wannabe thugs and tough guys who blast their obnoxious music loudly from their cars and the architectures of many buildings look sloppy and constructed hastily. In addition, the closure of some businesses around here make the place look ever more hopeless.

At some point I'd like to ditch this place and perhaps move to MT, ND, SD, ID, or somewhere up north but I don't have the money for now.

StackerKen
28th May 2010, 03:17 PM
Stacker, I wish you'd take down that avatar. I was a regular surfer at Topanga beach when I lived in Cali. I haven't been on a board in about 6 years and that was North Carolina waves. >:(

Back on topic, any pics? I haven't been to So Cal since the 90s.

Topanga was good surf spot! been there many times

This summer will be 2 years for me RJB....But I still have the pics....lol

and Im gonna go this summer for sure...(i hope)...lol

I grew up in Orange county. and when I was in my mid twentys I got an apartment in HB 4 blocks from the water stayed there 10 years (good times)

on topic...the only place i could even think about buying a house back then was in the inland quagmire. I loved the beach too much back then to leave it though.

jenny
29th May 2010, 10:00 AM

well HB is still semi paradise.

http://www.izand.com/webpix/Postcards/large/1333-Postcard.jpg

My wife was standing on that pier when she took my avatar photo :)

I love that place
ha ha i don't quite live close enough to walk to the pier, but i am in bike riding distance suckers!

jenny
29th May 2010, 10:01 AM
This morning a fuel tanker rolled and blew up on the 91 spyway...so I took a tour of Corona, Norco and on up to the 60 west on down to the 57.
Traffic was horrendous!
From what I saw, I get the feeling California is doomed! Okay, I know it is.
Some of the areas I haven't seen in a while, are literally coming apart at the seems. Empty stores, buildings and abandon projects are everywhere.
Roads are crumbling with no road crews in sight.
You would have to be blind not to see it.
California is broke!
We call it the '909' over here, and it's not a nice term!

StackerKen
29th May 2010, 10:09 AM
From the urbandictionary.com

1. 909
The area code in Southern California for Riverside and San Bernardino County; usually associated with white trash.
Having your truck on blocks in the driveway make me feel like I live in the 909.

2. 909
Area code that serves as a nickname for the Inland Empire (Inland Valley, I.E.), which comprises San Bernardino and Riverside Counties (i.e., the entire region of southern California between Los Angeles and Orange Counties and the Arizona border). A great place to live between Los Angeles and Las Vegas if you don't mind the meth labs, cows, and dirt people.
"I would have gone out with him except he's from the 909."

3. 909

The arm pit of southern california. or the meth lab capital of the world
I accidentally blew up my house "cooking". didn't matter though.. it was only in the 909. I'll just buy a new one with my crack money.

jenny
29th May 2010, 10:12 AM

1. 909
The area code in Southern California for Riverside and San Bernardino County; usually associated with white trash.
Having your truck on blocks in the driveway make me feel like I live in the 909.

2. 909
Area code that serves as a nickname for the Inland Empire (Inland Valley, I.E.), which comprises San Bernardino and Riverside Counties (i.e., the entire region of southern California between Los Angeles and Orange Counties and the Arizona border). A great place to live between Los Angeles and Las Vegas if you don't mind the meth labs, cows, and dirt people.

3. 909

I accidentally blew up my house "cooking". didn't matter though.. it was only in the 909. I'll just buy a new one with my crack money.
ROFL funny funny good research ken!

BrewTech
29th May 2010, 10:14 AM

1. 909

2. 909

3. 909

Don't forget the 951... that's where all the FUN folks are... HA!

TheNocturnalEgyptian
29th May 2010, 02:18 PM
I went to school in the 909 and while I was there it changed to the 951. I graduated from the University of California, Riverside.

There ARE some nice areas out there - namely, the undeveloped areas. All my best memories from that area involve hiking, camping, and riding my bike in the outskirts of town.

Lake Perris is awesome, and a great place to ride your bike if you like hills...There's just so much open space out there, and a lot of it is still in the "developmental" phase...meaning empty consctruction sites...Dirt foothills...excellent places to ride..

But the developed areas? Kinda crappy, even when they're nice. Riverside is weird...